collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What poses do you like working with?  (Read 372 times)

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
What poses do you like working with?
« on: May 01, 2022, 02:08:21 PM »
Any gen. Which are your favorites? :)

G1s I love the Big Brother poses. I find the bigger bodies easy to work with and I guess that's true of most G1s. I also like the Posey pose and Powder pose. Personally, I also like Tootsie and Gingerbread, but I know those aren't that popular.

G2s do have different poses but I feel they don't make much difference. I've only made a few G2 customs though.

G3s are the best as far as poses go, imo. I love the Crystal Lace and Seaspray poses. The Kimono and Diva poses are fun. The rearing pose is a favorite!

G4, like G2 I don't think it makes a huge difference? Maybe in the later releases when the poses got more dynamic. I've never made a G4 custom so I'm just guessing.

G5, never made a custom of these either but it's another doesn't matter situation. Instead of pose I'd probably pick them on color.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: What poses do you like working with?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 06:27:48 PM »
I like to try them all... I need to find more tutorials on the net & the mlparena a big help too!!!

G1s I like to try and restore them...

G2s Never tried them before I know some have mechanical parts and I have a whole bag of g2s to restore or customize... so I don't know yet... I'm leaning on Restoring them... but the heads might never move again.

G3s I tried practicing on some baits in this category that's how I learned to re-hair and paint better. I never actually finished my one custom that I am working on. its a Harley Quinn pony and I think she will be another topic but I have been working on her for 2 -3 years now and is restarting.

G4s I think by far are the easiest to customize but there heads never move again. cause the thing in the middle broke off so I have to glue the head back on.

G5s once again never done it seems like a G2 line of ponies or maybe a G4.

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline kaelynn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • KaeLynn Design on Etsy
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 08:07:02 PM »
Let’s see…

G1s: I like the Applejack pose, the big brothers, the sweetheart sisters and the babies, especially the unicorn babies. I also love the Bubbles pose even though it’s totally unnatural for a horse, same with the Heartthrob pose. There’s just something sweet about them. I also like the Bride and Posey.

G2: never worked with one and I’m not fond of their design at all

G3: my fave gen, I like most of the poses but diva and Kimono are probably my faves. I also really love the Sunny Daze, Valenshy and Rarity. I also adore the Styling poses but they’re hard to come by. I have one Rainbow Dash that I’ve used and another Rainbow Dash that I’m hoarding along with a Rarity.

G4: not many poses to choose from :shrug:

G5: just picked up the Unicorn party celebration package and it doesn’t look like there’s many poses to choose from so far in this gen either. Now to batter my way into them!  Geez I thought G4’s were hard to prep!  :lmao:

Commissions are OPEN!
Find me on Instagram @ kaelynn_design
KaeLynn Design on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/KaeLynnDesign

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 07:48:18 AM »
G1: Love most of the vintage ones. Basic Funs need a bit of work to widen the neck gap, otherwise cool too

G2: any non-mechanised, & the moving leg ones, I can do pretty well. Any with a tail mech is annoying as heck

G3: Post 2006 for one reason: their heads turn. I particularly love Core 7s as they are so common & I turn them into my G3 Boys. Pre-2006 heads are so hard to remove!!!

G4: Now that I've sussed out the neck thing (G3-5s have the same), I can do these as easily as G1 Peek-A-Boos.. Early ones preferred (have yet to Customise a reebot G4)

Not Customised a Pony Life nor a G5 yet. Have done some Newborn Cuties. The hardest part with them is making a hole for the tail, though rooting the mane is also tough. You also have to be careful painting their nappies
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 12:30:57 PM »
Short answer: any without gimmicks! :P

Long answer:

G1: I like working with most G1 poses. Shy pose is a classic! I've only done one Big Brother custom but it was fun. I'd love to do more if the baits weren't so hard to come by.
G2: I haven't done any G2 customs yet. I'd love to try but I'm not looking forward to rehairing them... the plastic is usually hard and the necks are narrow...
G3: My favourite gen to customise. The diva pose is always fun! I don't like prepping the Divas however... getting the head off with the plug intact is always a bit of a challenge. I also like the Kimono pose - it's easy to come up with expressive ponies using these two poses.
G4: No strong preferences here. I've only used the standard brushable sizes, though. Surprisingly, I love working with the newer "Movie style" G4s, they have such fun expressions and since their eyes aren't defined, there's a lot of freedom with eye shapes.
Haven't tried G5 yet.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 06:16:53 PM »
Short answer: any without gimmicks! :P

I feel this way as well.  It is harder to incorporate them into a whole new pony.  I've had a bait secret surprise pony for years and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with her (saddle is missing...).

G1: I prefer earth and unicorn adult poses.  I did a holiday pony a couple years ago with Glory pose and I really liked that one.  She kind of has slab sides that gave me a lot of room to paint her symbols.  I have had a custom in mind for a Powder pose for a few years but I have yet to come across a Powder bait. 
G2: I've only made two G2 customs, but I would avoid the pose with the front legs stuck together and all the ones with moving parts. The ones I used were Clever Clover pose and Sky Skimmer pose, I preferred the latter.
G3: Prefer earth pony adult poses.  I love the donkey pose for customs, and it was fantastic for the curly-hair rehairs I did.  And as Ponybookworm said, the ones with moving heads are much easier.  It seems all I get bait-wise are ones with glued heads though  :(
G4: Definitely prefer the newer ones with actual poses other than just "standing motionless."
G5: Well I sure hope they come up with some poses!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal