collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your favorite things about Spring?  (Read 789 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
What are your favorite things about Spring?
« on: April 28, 2022, 07:16:18 AM »
I love the birds :bird: They're singing for mates and having babies. This year there are three nests near me. Woodpeckers in the palm tree trunk, starlings in the small tree next to my outside staircase, and doves in the corner of my balcony :heart: Mockingbirds have a nest somewhere across the street but they often sit on the gutter outside my window and sing. The fat doves like to sit there too and groom themselves.

The weather is okay. It gets chilly at night and stays in the low 70s for most of the day, but we are starting to have highs in the 90s, which is a little too much for me :lol: It's also been incredibly humid so it feels a lot hotter than it is.

Normally, I would say thunderstorms, but we're having a severe drought. We have had maybe, 3 thunderstorms this year. It was supposed to rain this week but it hasn't by me at all. Usually we get tornados with storms here because the temperature drop is so extreme. Right now we're under a fire warning instead.

Autumn and winter are my favorite seasons but spring is okay. What do you like about spring? :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: What are your favorite things about Spring?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 04:49:28 PM »
Spring flowers :heart:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 06:35:51 PM »
Wildflowers and bird nests!  I'm next to a park that has SOOOO many bluebells, I've never seen so many in one place!  And I have a robin nesting on my house already  ^.^  That's awesome that you have a woodpecker nest nearby!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 07:11:32 PM »
when everything is green again, the bluebonnets bloom and the birds come back :)

for people who haven't spend a lot of time in Texas this is a cow surrounded by bluebonnets

Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Lilycove

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 10:37:15 PM »
I guess I just enjoy the warmer weather. Aus doesn't tend to get super cold compared to other parts of the world but I still HATE being cold. I swear I can feel it down to my bones! So when spring rolls around, it's always a welcomed change for me.
:good:

♡ Artist ♡ Gamer ♡ G1 Pony Collector ♡

°•. ✿ .•°

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2022, 08:18:43 AM »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2022, 12:52:28 PM »
I love the flowers and digging in the dirt to plant more.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 04:02:43 PM »
when everything is green again, the bluebonnets bloom and the birds come back :)

for people who haven't spend a lot of time in Texas this is a cow surrounded by bluebonnets

Really beautiful photo!  :wow: :hatsuharu: I was going to ask more about that flower, but then I realized that it is almost similar to the lupine that is growing here in Finland.  :)  Here in Finland, the variety is Lupinus polyphyllus (Garden lupin) and it has been defined as a harmful alien species. Really beautiful summer flower, but suppresses all native vegetation.  :(

---

In the spring I love birds, their nests and their chicks. The last frosty nights, the smell of earth and soil, the spring flowers, the growth of plants… Every day you will find something new to explore and wonder in nature.  :lovey:
Everything is fine as long as there is no hot weather.  :cool:

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 07:25:14 PM »
They sound the time for vacations such as camping so like campfires at the cool nights wearing jackets still or the green grass, the budding of the trees, & the birds singing. I wish I could camp more often now a days...

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2022, 07:27:38 PM »
wow Heart of Midnight i had no idea there were so many plants in the same family as bluebonnets. the ones in Texas only hang around for a month or so. until it gets too hot.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2022, 02:18:29 PM »
Spring flowers. Butterflies and bees. The birds singing and nesting around the garden. The promise of baby waterbirds soon fluffing into existence. The weather getting warmer and yet not too warm that it can't be enjoyed.

UK in the spring is beautiful *_*

We have lots of lupin varieties in this country but I don't think they ever grow wild. Frankly, they're a bit wussy in the garden too in making themselves felt - not like the foxgloves or hollyhocks that like to spring up everywhere, or the aquilegias.

Our wisteria is about to flower soon. It's definitely May :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2022, 04:48:18 PM »
Not really sure. I don't really like spring or summer....

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2022, 01:07:39 AM »
Spring used to be my least favourite season. I guess it still is, but I'm enjoying it more these days... Our four seasons are very distinctive and they all have enjoyable and not-so-enjoyable aspects to them. :P I like the variety, though.

Daylight! I used to think the amount of light doesn't affect me as strongly as others, but recently I've noticed what a huge difference it makes. I was exhausted this spring but as soon as we switched to daylight saving time, I'm like a different person. Even though autumn and winter are my favourite seasons, I love Finnish summer nights. I can't even describe how happy I felt this spring when I realised one day, when leaving the dojo at around 9 pm, that it wasn't completely dark anymore. This was just before we switched to DST, and the switch of course speeded up the effect. For reference, I live in the southern part of Finland and have never experienced the arctic midsummer when the sun doesn't set - but even here in the south, throughout the summer it only gets dark for a couple of hours around midnight. I guess that doesn't do good to one's sleeping routines but...

Spring flowers, birds and bees, butterflies for me too. For a couple of years now I've recorded some key signs of spring in my bujo. This year what struck me the most was migrating swans. I happened to be out in the evening (again leaving the dojo) and spotted several pairs or groups of swans flying by. This was about a month ago... Birch trees are finally sprouting some leaves and I hear the cherry trees are starting to blossom near the city centre, I should go and have a look. I also look forward to my birthflower, the lily-of-the-valley, blossoming, but that probably won't happen until late May. I did see some sprouts the other day!

I got a new bike last summer and being able to ride it makes me happy! I don't really mind walking but it's so much quicker to get around by bike. I appreciate it even more now that I was more or less forced to walk everywhere when the pandemic was at its worst, I mostly avoided public transport and I don't drive. Winter biking is very much a thing but it's not for me. We had a lot of snow this year, I don't have winter tyres, and I don't like biking in freezing temps anyway. My friend and I are planning some daytrips which I look forward to. :)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2022, 07:32:36 AM »
I know the shift is more extreme in Finland, but I am also affected by the clock changing. Winter time really makes my brain hibernate. Once the days get longer I start to feel more active again.

My birthday is at the end of Feb, so still winter, but there are the first signs of spring coming here around then (snowdrops, daffodils) and it's such a lifeline.

Now it's my absolute favourite time of the year. May is maybe my favourite month.

We have goslings at the pool apparently. Little fluffies :D I will have to walk up and see them. They're such fun birds. Hopefully some ducklings and little moorhenlets coming too soon :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2022, 02:14:27 PM »
just all the flowers coming out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal