collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So nerve wracking  (Read 473 times)

Offline MissMagicalGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
So nerve wracking
« on: April 19, 2022, 01:48:47 AM »
I love this figure, and I'm very happy to have it, Kemono Friends is my #1 favorite anime.

But the Teacups, and the Tray, and the Table (seen behind the figure herself)... they make moving her around in any way so anxiety inducing, because they're all lose pieces that could so easily fall and get trapped under my bed for all eternity, especially the teacups. I've already had one of the teacups fall under my bed twice (I was able to get them out at the price of my shoulder hurting pretty bad after.)
I'm honestly thinking about using sticky tack to stick them all together and onto the base as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So nerve wracking
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 02:33:52 AM »
You should check out museum wax! It's like a clear, semi-sticky wax that you use to hold little fiddly bits on display! It's non damaging, so long as you get the right kind, and it's supposed to wipe right off! (I haven't used any myself yet, is the only problem!)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 06:54:46 AM »
Museum putty, not wax, is a good suggestion :) Wax is more for things that you don't move often and it hardens and you need rubbing alcohol to get it off. Museum putty on the other hand, is for things that you move around more often and it can be removed easily. Or you could use glue dots. They peel off and I don't think they are harmful for paint and such (but I'm not 100% on that). I would not use sticky tack as it leaves an oily residue and can sometimes be hard to get off.

Both putty and glue dots are cheap. If you use Amazon I've found some.

Putty - https://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-88111-Museum-Putty-Neutral/dp/B0002VA9NA

Dots - https://www.amazon.com/UPINS-Removable-Adhesive-Stickers-Decoration/dp/B08MPS4WMH/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2M0ARIENVH67V&keywords=glue%2Bdots&qid=1650376367&sprefix=glue%2Bdots%2Caps%2C242&sr=8-3&th=1

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 01:07:44 PM »
I have a bushi statue I brought back from Japan and I'm constantly worried about him getting damaged on my desk, although he's been there 5 years so far without any harm. I keep meaning to get him a cover but I haven't got around to it yet.

If you often need to access the books behind her, probably she ought to be in a less active place. Just the more you need to move her, the more risk there obviously is.

Although the above posts also give good advice :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MissMagicalGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 02:36:51 PM »
I have a bushi statue I brought back from Japan and I'm constantly worried about him getting damaged on my desk, although he's been there 5 years so far without any harm. I keep meaning to get him a cover but I haven't got around to it yet.

If you often need to access the books behind her, probably she ought to be in a less active place. Just the more you need to move her, the more risk there obviously is.

Although the above posts also give good advice :)

She isn't usually in the bookshelf, I just moved her there for the picture so nobody would have to see my messy bed, she's usually on top of it

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal