collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Legos  (Read 5927 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Legos
« on: April 04, 2022, 11:29:03 AM »
I did not until recently know that Lego had such a variety of sets. Like the one of Jerry's apartment on Seinfeld. Or the flowers and bonsai tree. Or the flat ones like a poster you can put together. My mind is blown :shocked:

My oldest niece was super into Legos and I know my mom had bought her one of the Hogwarts sets. Thing was huge! She put it together in like 2 days :lol:

I really don't need another collection, but I think the prices are fair. There are a whole bunch I'm interested in now. I like the animal sets, the pandas and the tiger in particular. I wish they had more Halloween stuff or a horror category. Can you imagine like the Amityville house? Or a graveyard? That'd be so cool.

I still have my childhood Legos which was a starter set. You could build a house with it and it had little window planters for tiny flowers. It's from the 80s so it's very basic. I was looking to get rid of them but I think I'll keep them now.

Do you have any cool sets? Does anyone collect them?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Legos
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 02:39:56 PM »
I like Legos...some of the fun little details on the sets are so cool! I only have one set--the Harry Potter set featuring Professor Umbridge and the giant, Grawp. I'd like to get more...the Hogwarts castle would be really awesome.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 06:21:23 PM »
Monster Fighters theme has skeletons and GITD
there are several Haunted Houses if you count Harry Potter
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 07:14:37 PM »
I bought a big box of Legos recently. :)  I had some while I was growing up but didn't become interested in them again until I saw some people building stuff with them and it looked like a lot of fun.

I wanted a box of Legos that could build multiple things instead of something specific but now I'm starting to look more at the more complex sets. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 03:40:57 AM »
look up lego elves!! That whole series is amaaaazing and I have collected several sets. I think some of the disney princess sets are quite cute as well as some of the friends animals sets, but absolutely the best series is lego elves. I would have loooooved playing with them as a kid, but Im kind of glad that they came out more recently so I can get them with my grown up salary  :lol:

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 05:36:35 AM »
I used to collect Legos! I was obsessed with Lord of the Rings sets in middle school, and Lego Friends in grade school. I don't collect them anymore, but I love going to the Lego store and looking at the Ideas sets.

However, my boyfriend actively collects Lego Star Wars. We have a lot of fun finding sets and building them together. But it is an expensive hobby -- more expensive than ponies because there's not much at flea markets  :blink:

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 05:59:19 AM »
look up lego elves!! That whole series is amaaaazing and I have collected several sets. I think some of the disney princess sets are quite cute as well as some of the friends animals sets, but absolutely the best series is lego elves. I would have loooooved playing with them as a kid, but Im kind of glad that they came out more recently so I can get them with my grown up salary  :lol:

You're not kidding! Those dragons and the tree houses are so neat! It said they were discontinued is 2019 so my chance of finding any are slim. I love those dragons.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2022, 09:11:50 AM »
I used to collect Legos! I was obsessed with Lord of the Rings sets in middle school, and Lego Friends in grade school. I don't collect them anymore, but I love going to the Lego store and looking at the Ideas sets.

However, my boyfriend actively collects Lego Star Wars. We have a lot of fun finding sets and building them together. But it is an expensive hobby -- more expensive than ponies because there's not much at flea markets  :blink:

aaahhh lego lord of the rings, would loooove to have some but they are so expensive on the second hand market

Post Merge: April 08, 2022, 09:13:27 AM

You're not kidding! Those dragons and the tree houses are so neat! It said they were discontinued is 2019 so my chance of finding any are slim. I love those dragons.

bricklink!!!!! I got most of my sets there, if you wait you can get used sets for decent prices- and I got one of the really big sets for about 30% less because it was missing one of the flag pieces or something like that
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 09:13:27 AM by alaskaallie »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2022, 12:39:31 PM »
My brother in law collects Star Wars lego, I don't think it's possible to collect all the lego surely? I think it's fantastic but I wish you could rent one at a time. I don't have space for another collection unfortunately.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2022, 03:10:32 PM »
I bought the Tokyo skyline set yesterday.  :)  The bonsai tree is calling to me too but it will be a while before I can get it.

I love how many landmarks are included in the Tokyo set.  I'm excited to start putting it together.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2022, 12:09:05 PM »
I bought the bonsai tree today. :)

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2022, 02:26:06 PM »
The bonsai tree is really cool!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2022, 12:15:26 PM »
I finished the bonsai tree today.  It took me between 4-5 hours to complete. Please overlook all the stuff on the table.  I had just finished it and tried to move most of the stuff out of the way, but I see it everywhere.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2022, 05:43:01 AM »
That's so cool! I need to get that one day. I like the flowers they had too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2022, 03:34:37 PM »
I've almost finished Tokyo.  So far I've spent about 5 hrs working on it.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal