collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Were you ever upset about how a pony turned out?  (Read 578 times)

Offline Moonlight_Mystery

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
Were you ever upset about how a pony turned out?
« on: March 07, 2022, 10:28:03 AM »
I found this big rarity for $1 at the flea market. Obviously I had to pick her up and fix her, right? I ended up pulling on the tail so hard that I didn't even realizing I was pulling out all the hair and now she has no tail! Pretty upsetting considering I spent like 2 hours doing this. I pulled out a lot of the hair too cause of the mats and I feel like she just looks awful! I might do a rehair on the tail but now I'm scared to messing it up cause I've never done this before. Feel free to share your pony failures at customs or restorations, it might cheer me up a bit haha.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Post Merge: March 07, 2022, 10:32:13 AM

i believe this is the original rarity. she's much bigger then the g3's.

https://www.strawberryreef.com/Index/Name/rarity.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 10:32:13 AM by Moonlight_Mystery »
“Animals don't behave like men,' he said. 'If they have to fight, they fight; and if they have to kill they kill. But they don't sit down and set their wits to work to devise ways of spoiling other creatures' lives and hurting them. They have dignity and animality.”
<3
[it/its] pronouns

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Were you ever upset about how a pony turned out?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 10:40:35 AM »
A tip for detangling hair is to wash it with shampoo (or dish soap) and then put some conditioner (or liquid fabric softener) in it and comb through it bottom to top gently.

That is a styling size Rarity :) She came with lots of hair accessories.

You should be able to get the tail back in. Tie a string around the center of it and thread the string through the tail hole and out the neck hole and pull until it pops back in. Are the washer and clasp still attached? It would probably be easier to remove them and replace them with zip ties.

As far as being upset... only when my custom ponies break in shipping :( One custom both the wings I'd sculpted snapped off.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Moonlight_Mystery

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 10:52:19 AM »
The washer popped off once I took it out. I looked around online and found some pretty hair that looks similar to her og style.
https://shimmerlocks.com/pixie-twist

I don't have any zip ties so I tried using some twist ties but I think I just did it wrong.

Aww, :( sometimes postage is too rough when shipping things. Were you, or the person who got them able to glue them back on or something?

update: i found a pack of cable ties on amazon for literally 80 cents! im gonna have to see how well they hold, if they're good they're a goldmine for customizers lol
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 11:00:52 AM by Moonlight_Mystery »
“Animals don't behave like men,' he said. 'If they have to fight, they fight; and if they have to kill they kill. But they don't sit down and set their wits to work to devise ways of spoiling other creatures' lives and hurting them. They have dignity and animality.”
<3
[it/its] pronouns

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 02:39:27 PM »
Zipties/Cable ties are my preferred way to hold a tail in place. :)

Just a note, your pictures seem to not be working for me!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 02:44:00 PM »
Moonlight_Mystery The Best thing is about a Custom Pony is that it can be remade and remade and Remade if put the time and Effort into it Ok and +Money

I have this Harley Quinn I was going to make her out of a G3 Pony I have been working on her for Years now just a side pony I was working on. and now POOOFFFF She goes all wak on me and I just have to start ALL OVER BUT I'm happy to share the state she is in to Cheer You Up...

SO this Custom Pony Happens to cross Sunny Starscout's Path; does she want to be friends with this pony or Run away? I can only imagine....
pics here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hDvC6zWucUz8oe6p7

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 12:37:29 PM »
Yup, I messed up a pony by spraying her with sealant at the wrong time, and now she gets sticky every summer.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 01:45:29 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal