collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Silver Linings  (Read 975 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Silver Linings
« on: March 01, 2022, 12:16:11 AM »
I got stuck in a traffic jam today, but then I remembered I left a Cornish pasty in my glovebox.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Linings
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 05:41:26 AM »
Stress-knitting. That is all
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline stjarne

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • my teemnsy pone....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 12:33:31 PM »
silver linings you say?

in seriousness- it's very wet & slushy outside, kinda gross, but it's starting to warm up & it feels really nice out. hope it all melts enough for spring soon :green: i'll welcome it with open arms
✧・゚* jar ・゚*✧
they/she ◦ 22
G3 wishes | jars pony junction | my insta

:cloud:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 01:04:16 PM »
I remember back in 2017, when I was in Japan,  spending a 3 hour train journey between Kokura and Kyoto eating the very delicious and not expensive doughnuts from Shimonoseki. Because it was the only snack I had.

Just imagine the sugar rush when I reached Kyoto xD.

...More recently, in lockdown, there has been more opportunity to spend time in the garden, and out in nature. We have spent so much time with the water birds that live locally, watching last year's brood grow up into this year's spatting potential beaus.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 08:45:30 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 08:02:42 PM »
I think a lot about silver linings lately.

In the midst of chemotherapy treatments, I don't have to shave my legs.

Showers are a lot shorter because I don't have to wash 2 1/2 feet of hair. :P

I'm sure there are more that will come to me later...

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 11:58:38 AM »

:hug: I don't know how my Mum did it really. I think it was probably that she wanted to stick around for my niece. I do hope things get better for you. Sending lots of good wishes.

Post Merge: March 02, 2022, 12:01:37 PM

spatting potential beaus.

Which in turn reminds me of my third year biology project during which I watched the ducks preening and fighting on the Kinness Burn. My friend pretended to help but he just sat on a bench and smoked cigarettes (this was 1998!). And I had nothing much in the world to worry about.

Post Merge: March 02, 2022, 12:02:23 PM

silver linings you say?

in seriousness- it's very wet & slushy outside, kinda gross, but it's starting to warm up & it feels really nice out. hope it all melts enough for spring soon :green: i'll welcome it with open arms

:heart:

Right, silver lining of the day... I got asked to add my data to a really garish spreadhsheet that I can't look at because it hurts my eyes... then a colleague typed it in for me while I read aloud. Furthermore, I remembered that I like putting similar things in rows. How did I forget that.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 12:03:55 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 03:26:56 PM »

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2022, 04:57:03 AM »

:hug: I don't know how my Mum did it really. I think it was probably that she wanted to stick around for my niece. I do hope things get better for you. Sending lots of good wishes.

:heart:

[/quote]

Thank you...if she is anything like me, she probably did it my just putting on foot in front of the other. One step at a time makes it seem easier. By telling yourself to just get through 'this treatment' or 'this procedure' and then you have a break, it doesn't seem as intimidating as looking at the whole situation as this insurmountable hill to climb! I'm trying to handle it with humor whenever I can...like at my last treatment, my nurse asked if she could get me anything, and I held up my crackers and can of spray cheese and said 'nope, I was craving this crap so I brought it. It's probably the worst thing on earth I could put in my body, but it's good!'  And she said, 'well, actually, I think the chemo has you covered there, so you're good!' and we had a laugh about it.

I hope your Mum is doing well now.

As for your affinity for putting things in lines...I am that way too! There's something satisfying about making things fit where they are supposed to go. :biggrin:

Post Merge: March 03, 2022, 04:58:28 AM

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks, PBW! :satisfied: :)

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2022, 04:15:54 PM »
I was watching a very interesting movie on TV when I realized  that pretty soon I would really need to go to the bathroom, and it wasn't long before I seriously started pondering whether the scene currently playing was irrelevant enough to the plot to allow for a very brief departure, but just then the commercial break came on :D
Inka Dinka Doo

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2022, 08:34:20 PM »
Ha ha brilliant luck!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal