collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you use a streaming service?  (Read 1100 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Do you use a streaming service?
« on: February 09, 2022, 07:48:16 AM »
Do you use any, either free or paid for? Do you have regular TV in addition to streaming? (cable, satellite, etc.)

I have several. Netflix and Hulu are paid for. I get Disney+ and Peacock Premium with my internet and I have Amazon Prime, so I get to use Prime Video. I also like IMDB and Tubi for free ones. I've been thinking of adding Discovery+ but I'm still not sure. I just upgraded the Netflix account so my mom and I can watch at the same time (2 screens) because she was hogging it and I could never get on :lol: I do not have regular TV. My internet is cable and they are constantly offering me deals to add cable TV. I feel like it'd be a waste. I'd never watch it.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Apple Spice

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Do you use a streaming service?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 08:28:13 AM »
I don't have cable or satellite. So most of our tv comes from streaming services through Roku. It's me and the hubs and our daughter still lives with us at the moment. We have so many services it's hard to count. But we all like different things. So here's the list Paramount+, prime video, VuDu, Hulu, disney+, Peacock, HBOMax we get this free with our cellphone service, discovery+, Roku channel free, tubi free, brit box for the hubs, Boomerang for me, Appletv+ free with cellphone service, Crunchyroll for the daughter, acorn tv, IMDB TV & soon we'll be getting Netflix back for the Madea & Mrs.Brown team-up. Whoo! I'm starting to think maybe tv cable or satellite subscription might be cheaper.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 08:59:26 AM »
Before streaming was a thing I decided that I didn't want to have to pay for cable so I started buying DVDs.  Now they are my main source of "television" because even though my parents pay for streaming services (Prime, Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, etc) we have enough snow storms that knock out the internet without knocking out the power that the DVDs are the most useful to me.  Plus that way I can watch what I feel like watching without worrying that the streaming service is going to suddenly stop carrying it.  For example, my nephew wanted to watch Sing this weekend but since the 2nd one came out, the only way to stream it is to pay for it.  I have it on DVD so I can watch it whenever I want without paying extra.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 09:25:40 AM »
Netflix. Prime, I guess, kind of by accident because I have Amazon Prime. Crunchyroll. Sometimes Funimation and Hidive, depending on what they are streaming. That's my lot.

I had Disney+ for a bit and I also had Discovery+ during the olympics, but both are lapsed subs.

I really don't like Hidive's interface. If not for Saiyuuki, I would've ditched it probably :)

Hulu isn't available here.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 09:36:25 AM »
The only streaming service I regularly use is YouTube in my browser, which is where I consume most of my video content these days. When I want to watch a movie or TV show it is usually the traditional way, i.e. on my PC or on free terrestrial TV, sometimes on DVD. I was thinking of getting a throwaway Netflix account so I could sometimes watch something that isn't available elsewhere (like some documentaries), but my motivation to do that dropped by about 90% after they took off Family Guy, which I wanted to have a marathon of without having to download anything.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyrama_95

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 10:42:13 AM »
Prime Video and Netflix… that’s the best for college life

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 11:55:38 AM »
I mooch off my friends' and family's subscriptions. :P I use Tubi too, which is free.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2022, 11:56:50 AM »
Nope, we're too old-fashioned in this family for that  :P I'm happy with my computer, parents are happy with cable. If it ain't broken don't fix it!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2022, 12:30:39 PM »
I have Netflix, Hulu and Crunchyroll.  I find myself on Crunchyroll more than the other 2.  I don't want to stop Hulu though because there are a few things on there that aren't available on other streaming services. 

My dad was really excited about getting a Smart TV so we could watch Netflix on it but after we tried it a few times he was disappointed in the movies he chose and that certain shows that he'd seen at my aunt's house on Netflix 2-3 years ago weren't still there when he wanted to watch them.  I've tried to explain to him that stuff doesn't stay on Netflix forever, but he says "your Netflix isn't the same as your aunt's" even though it is.  I use the Smart TV for Netflix sometimes when I'm alone.

My mom said she might get Disney + but I don't know if she will follow through on it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2022, 03:30:47 AM »
We have Prime Video, Netflix, Disney +, Now TV and Britbox. Most of the stuff we watch is on one of them. Oh, Apple TV to. Don't use that so much right now.
Might get Paramount + when it comes out here.

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2022, 07:07:53 AM »
We have Netflix, Prime Video, HBO Max, Disney+, Hulu, Apple TV, Peacock, Tubi and Pluto.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2022, 05:17:25 AM »
I only do Netflix. No TV, no licence for a TV, don't watch Iplayer (which needs a licence)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2022, 02:16:47 PM »
yes, we use Netflix (shared with family), and Crunchyroll. And I have amazon prime so I guess prime video is included in that?
been thinking of trying out Disney+, but we don't really watch enough movies/non-anime series to justify it.

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2022, 03:25:49 PM »
Netflix, Prime, and Disney Plus. No network TV.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2022, 07:26:50 AM »
Nope, just regular cable TV. I don't watch much TV to begin with, and almost no streaming service exclusives appeal to me in the first place (I can think of only 2 that have appealed.. and one of them ended up airing on regular cable TV over here later). Not much incentive for me to pay for a streaming service since again, I don't watch a lot of TV or keep up with new stuff - I've already got a bunch of shows I've been meaning to watch for years, don't need any more! :P And I'm not a fan of how things get taken down from these services either, I understand it but I prefer to have anything I like on DVD, that way I know it's not going to be pulled right when I really want to watch it.

'Course, not everything I watch has been released on DVD, but most of them aren't on streaming services either. Well.... not legit streaming services, anyway. *cough*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal