Pony Talk > Pony Corral

When Collecting...

(1/4) > >>

Starflashbaby:
Hi Everyone!
I'm editing my excel file to match my MLP Collection... out of curiosity when collecting do we count the accessories or do they go to the side... I hear people say how many ponies they have but not how many accessories they have.... so if you where to count your collection what do you count and does humanoids Equestria girls count?
At this time my excel counts the Number of Ponies and not the accessories or play sets but that will change soon.
I have 1,097 in Total and they are all different and not doubled. they each have a variation that makes them different from one another. such as the Fluttershy Army are all different ponies not the same one from the same play set or box. I collect 80's through today's G5 ponies.
So for me I will add shoes as 4 accessories in at the end in my total (i'm missing 2 snow shoes from one of the 80's accessores that is the reason why I say they should count as 4 not as 1) what do you think.
Of course Basic Fun, Funko & Pop ponies count in the collection but i'm still going back and forth on Humanoids so I have them counted in the main total but there are only 20 of them so I actually have 1,057 Ponies (If I did my math right)
so what do you all think Accessories count in the main total or Not. I think yes... but yet know how many ponies you have on the side.
my total is on top of the page but then it is broken down in to several parts like G1s Retros G2s and so on so forth.

SunPony:
I would say that is totally up to you how you document them, it is your list!  What are you planning to do with your numerical totals?  What is the purpose of your spreadsheet? Answering those might help you figure out how you want to document ponies vs accessories vs dolls, etc.  And with excel's sorting functions you can probably come up with a way to quickly figure totals for each category you might choose to use. 

Starflashbaby:

--- Quote from: SunPony on January 24, 2022, 12:20:17 PM ---I would say that is totally up to you how you document them, it is your list!  What are you planning to do with your numerical totals?  What is the purpose of your spreadsheet? Answering those might help you figure out how you want to document ponies vs accessories vs dolls, etc.  And with excel's sorting functions you can probably come up with a way to quickly figure totals for each category you might choose to use. 

--- End quote ---

what if I was to say my little pony Memorabilia would that count Equestria girls or not..

Ponybookworm:
In my word priocessing files, I will say if a Pony has her accessories or not, & if not (a) is by her name. I don't count the majority of brushes or combs (Rocking Beats & rare ones are the exception) because I don't collect them, however, things like wands, crowns, damsel hats, nappies, toys, toothpastes & so on I definitely count, especially if it adds to the Pony. For this reason my most wanted accessories are the two missing Seaside Baby Floats & Susie's pet dog.

Accessories which don't come with Ponies are listed in their own category, like the costumes, the carry cases & playmats, & the Pony buildings & playsets. Again, I don't note precise numbers, but do note if a set is complete or not

Starflashbaby:
I Never labeled my G3 Combs so I guess they don't count.... but I don't know there are rare ponies & there combs can be rare like the boy ponies and the princess ponies and flutter ponies combs (The Christmas ponies comb would be nice to have one of these days)

Do people collect T-Shirts too I have 3 T-Shirts I used to hang on my wall... I still have them from Hot Topic. I also have 1 Pez container, 2 watches, one from Avon and the other an 80's pony watch. Books many collector books. keychains, ear rings & Cards so all that would that count as my memorabilia?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version