collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: World's Biggest Tea Party Aftermath?  (Read 425 times)

Offline paradiserain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • Unhealthily addicted to G3s
    • View Profile
World's Biggest Tea Party Aftermath?
« on: January 21, 2022, 07:01:27 PM »
Hi friends!

So I was watching the World's Biggest Tea Party this evening on YouTube. I've always loved this show, I went to see it as a little girl in 2007 and it definitely created a core memory in my mind lol. People can have their own opinions about the production quality, sets, songs, costume designs, they're creepy, they're cool, stupid, cute, whatever. I loved it and it's super nostalgic to me.  :lol:

Anyway, it dawned on me that I have no idea what happened to the pony puppets after the show closed in 2008. I tried looking on the MLP Wiki and didn't really find anything besides a few backstage pics. Were the costumes just shoved into a Hasbro warehouse somewhere or were they dismantled and scattered, or did they get sold/auctioned off to collectors? I'm a bit of a theatre geek so this sort of stuff intrigues me. Same with the sets, did they just get put away somewhere and forgotten or were they reused or sold or something?

Just really curious! Would love to get some info on it if anyone knows anything.  :biggrin:

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
Re: World's Biggest Tea Party Aftermath?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 07:36:59 PM »
shoot, that's a really good question. I find this sort of stuff cool, too-- not everything gets the same amount of attention in regards to preservation. I thought the full puppets were odd looking even as a kid, but I can appreciate them as impressive puppets and works of costume engineering. And a part of many a childhood.
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 12:48:16 AM »
So, firstly, I HUGELY enjoyed the stage show, I think it's such a fun combo of stage performance and theater and camp and of course - PONIES! :frolic:

I did wonder if they may have 'reskinned' the costumes, because there was an extremely brief staged performance of some kind of G4 production, but it seemed only to happen in very esoteric/random locations? I know they had Twilight Sparkle for 'meet and greets' at the MLP Fair one or two years, and it was very clearly a similar style of costume, but I don't know if it was created new, or cannibalized from the G3 costumes!

I went to look it up, and I found it mentioned on the G4 MLP wiki! These costumes were very similar to the G3 ones, but it makes me wonder, where did THESE come from, and where did they go?! https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/Treehouse_Live!_My_Little_Pony

This doesn't necessarily help, just adds more questions, but it's good that we have some record of it! I would have liked to see one of these G4 shows!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 07:49:32 AM »
Hello, I don't know if this is a reliable source and stuff, but I read in a comment from a youtuber that one of the costumes, Wysteria, got sent to a resort aimed at families with chronically ill children, and uhm, I think it's best if I let them speak for themselves  :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Comment is pinned by youtuber Shunks over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF07rnb4FfM
and video where Wysteria/Twinkle Hope can be seen the following (time stamped for you and everyting): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKHyDZo7OFs&t=2m7s

By the way, isn't this the very same Twinkle Hope that got made to donate part of her sales to this very specific charity?!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal