collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your MLP top 10 per generation  (Read 469 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Your MLP top 10 per generation
« on: January 13, 2022, 09:14:04 PM »
Collectors, I know this might be a hard question for some, but if you were only to keep 10 ponies from your collection/wishlist, which ones would it be?

And to make things easier, you can have 10 ponies per generation. Fitting +35 years of pony history into just 10 slots can be very hard!

As for me, I made my own here under the spoiler (no particular order). Just G1 tho, I'm still thinking about G2 and G3:

Spoiler
- Moonstone (Blue, planet symbol, rainbow hair, unicorn, she's perfect for me)
- Medley (Teal and green, pegasus for variety, musical symbol. I just think she's lovely!)
- Starglow (I love the whole concept of Glow N Show ponies, and Starglow pulls it off the best)
- Big Brother/Mountain Brother placeholder (I don't know which one I'd like yet because everyone looks so nice! But I'd defo want a boy pony in my collection. I love the fluffy hooves)
- Seapony placeholder (I love G1's variety when it comes to species and I think Seaponies look very different and adorable)
- Princess Pony placeholder (Something about the Princess Ponies feels... special to me, you know?)
- Creamsicle (again, we're aiming for variety and iconicity here, and my pick for a Pony Friend is Creamsicle since I love giraffes)
- Neon-colored pony placeholder (probably a tropical one, or a Neon Beat, or that one Melody with rollerskates. I love bright colours and while they're not MLP's main color scheme, I want some brightly colored goodness represented here)
- Night Sky or Munchy (These are my favourite TAFs, and it's a lovely gimmick when pulled well)
- Quackers (I love the Twinkle Eyes for their surprising comic lore, and I love her whole "looking for rainbows after the rain ends" vibe. And ducks)

As a general rule I don't add baby ponies because they're not quite my thing but if I had to make an honorary mention that'd be Baby Ribbs. Love me some green ponies and especially dragons.

What would be your top 10 picks?

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
Re: Your MLP top 10 per generation
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 12:39:32 AM »
G1
Spoiler
  • Sweet Stuff
  • Galaxy
  • Tex
  • Princess Tiffany
  • Baby Moondancer
  • Baby Glory
  • Gusty
  • Snuzzle
  • Sparkler
  • Fizzy
G2
Spoiler
  • Light Heart
  • Clever Clover
  • Prince Firefly
  • Sundance/Sunsparkle
  • Copper Glow
  • Golden Glow
  • Star Swirl
  • Bride
  • Princess Twinkle Star
  • Puff
G3 (I couldn't decide, so I ended up putting 11... G3 is my favorite gen)
Spoiler
  • Daffidazey
  • Silver Glow
  • Cotton Candy
  • Pumpkin Tart
  • Pinkie Pie
  • Minty
  • Cheerilee (unicorn ver)
  • Lily Lightly
  • All My Heart
  • Star Catcher
  • Brights Brightly
G4
Spoiler
  • Feathermay
  • Rarity
  • Dewdrop Dazzle
  • Princess Luna
  • Lyra Heartstrings
  • Bumblesweet
  • Cheerilee
  • Holly Dash
  • Rainbow Flash
  • the one whose name I don't think is allowed on here
G5 (just gonna do my top 3 lol)
Spoiler
  • Deputy Sprout
  • Sunny Starscout
  • Zipp Storm
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:21:18 PM by starscout »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 06:15:13 AM »
G1: Butterscotch, Twisty Tail, Hopscotch, Tornado, Baby Paws, Baby Fifi, Fleecy/Flocky/Speckles, Fluffy/ Bunkie (yeuch, BUNKIE!!!), Confetti, Dancing Butterflies. (this was actually hard after the first few so let nostalgia lead)

G2: LONG-HAIRED Ivy, Tipsy Tulip, Trixiebelle, Princess Silver Swirl, TAF Sweetberry, Princess Crystal, Prince Firefly, Princess Sapphire, Lady Waterfall, & Lady Rainbow. (not easy either & I put an 11th on by mistake)

G3: Starcatcher, Sparkleworks, Dream Blue, Winter Ice, Whistle Wishes, Thistle Whistle, Rainbow Dash (best of Core 7 & G3.5 too), Winter Snow, Autumn Skye, & Applejack. (less difficult tbh, I tried to pick one from each set/year, except the Season Ponies because those two are both gorgeous)

G4: Twilight Sparkle, Daring Do, Starlight Glimmer, Rainbow Dash, Snowcatcher, Honeybuzz, Dewdrop Dazzle, Ploomette, Silverstream (not so many to choose from as most of the releases were repeated Ponies, & I picked ONLY TS for armying because mascot. But still some beauties in here who aren't in the top 10)

G5: Not got enough Ponies to pick a top 10 yet, but very drawn to earth Sunny, & if they do a blue brushable, I'll be right on that
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 10:28:49 AM »
I'm just gonna stick with ones that I own, except for G2 because I only have one, so that's more of a wishlist. G4 is hard because I wish they were in different generations. G5 is hard because it's new and the toys are few. So it's more of an, I hope.

G1:
Fizzy
Dazzle Glow
Masquerade
Sweet Pop
Ribbon
Sunlight
Baby Drummer
Ringlets
Seashell
Dancing Butterflies

G2:
Eve
Prince Firefly
Princess Crystal
Lady Waterfall
Copper Glow
Miss Painter (my only)
Puff
Secret Tale
Gardener
Water Lily

G3:
Star Catcher
Tropical Surprise
Aurora Mist
Waterfire
Blushie
Baby Keen Bean
Sunrise Song
Valentine Sweetie Belle
Royal Rose
Pretty Pop

G4:
Sapphire Joy
Diamond Mint
Princess Sterling
Princess Luna
Lira Heartstrings
Baby Lilydrop
Sea Swirl
Starlight Glimmer
Merry May
Lucky Clover

G5:
Thunder
Shutter Snap
Dazzle Feather
Queen Haven
Sunny Starscout
Izzy Moonbow
Sugar Moonlight
Green Pegasus foal
Green Unicorn foal
Hitch Trailblazer
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 10:31:00 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline chocolateDelight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 10:43:23 AM »
hmmm... this is going to be interesting. since i only own G3s and G4s....

G1:
Spoiler
  • SS twilight. i just love her. she looks so soft and fancy. but my favourite thing from her it's her cutie mark!
  • medley. i think she's cute... and her mane colour is pretty unique.
  • blueberry baskets. very blue and seems that she would smell very good. her mane looks so brushable...
  • skyflier. she has an interesting design, quite simple but effective!
  • caramel crunch. i love her colour scheme.
  • sugarberry. what a nice lady! her argentinian variant is pretty nice, too.
  • gypsy. i'm in love with her design, she kinda reminds me of skyflier, but more fancy
  • hopscotch. she seems fun! i like her mane, too.
  • speedy. by far, my favourite TE. i like her concept and colour scheme!
  • ringlet. she's beautiful, fancy, and seems shy. a beautiful pastel pony.

G2:
Spoiler
  • copper glow. i'm in love with her scarlet red mane. a very unique pony in general, she has a very uncommon colour scheme! besides, she's one of the few G2 unicorns, that makes her more unique!
  • dainty dove. she's dreamy and i like that. she looks soft.
  • light heart. i always thought she and dainty dove were like, cousins, since they look a like a bit. she reminds me a bit of G3 sunny daze, a pony i own and that i like too! i like how her hooves look in several releases.
  • sundance. she's bright and cool, i like her!
  • ivy. i really love her colour scheme since she has THREE of my favourite colours. isn't that nice?
  • prince firefly. oh my god, his colour scheme is so gorgeous. i think he's one of the best G2 ponies out there!
  • night glow. she's simple but nice.
  • queen sunsparkle. she's very unique to the G2 line, too!
  • eve. i like dolphins and her mane. she's neat overall.
  • spring. is she minty's long lost cousin!? maybe her mom? who knows, but i like her!

G3:
Spoiler
  • thistle whistle. my favourite pony ever and one of my first ponies. loved her personality on the specials and her scent is just so nostalgic to me. because of that, i really like coconut-scented cosmetics!
  • precious gem. i've always loved her, and i own her too. her design is beautiful and i think she really stands out.
  • sunny daze. she looks so cheerful! i love her mane. it's just so, brushable. and her cutie mark is pretty cute!
  • crystal crown. i'd love to own her. i like wishing wells. she also looks very fabulous!
  • core 7 toola roola. i've always been pretty sad about her because she didn't have many releases compared to the rest of the core 7, and as a child, she was the pony i most identified with since i like to draw. i don't own her, would like to have her.
  • cheerilee (unicorn). i own her, i like her, i liked her personality on the runaway rainbow! i would have liked more if she were a regular release and not a styling pony, but, oh well, i still love her!
  • marshmellow coco. her tiny hat is so cute and i love her cutie mark. would like to own her
  • chocolate delight. love her brown eyes. would love to have her. too cute for a discount pony!
  • tangerine sunset. one of my first ponies. her scent is SO strong! mine still smells even if she's in a played condition. love her colour scheme and her concept.
  • round n' round. in love with her colour scheme, would love to own her. she's just fabulous!

G4:
Spoiler
  • twlight sparkle. not my favourite pony on the show, but her toys always looked very cute. like her. i own her, too!
  • ploomette. i only have her second version. i like her design. she looks shy but down-to-earth.
  • dewdrop dazzle. so stunning. love her!
  • feathermay. the only thing i don't like about her is her discolouration. but i like her design and concept. her little parrot is so cute! her parrot and her design reminds me of a macaw, and i really like macaws.
  • potion nova. does she count? i like her design, but i'm not a big fan of G4.5 toys... i like her chaotic personality on pony life though!
  • rainbow dash. my favourite character on the show. her toy versions always seem so cute.
  • cherry pie. i've always liked ponies related to desserts and such. she's simple, but i appreciate that.
  • honeybuzz. i absolutely LOVE that colour scheme!
  • sunset shimmer. i also like her character on the show. i like her "through the mirror" release.
  • trixie lulamoon. another character i like from the show, but i also enjoy her toy releases!

G5:
i'm not a big fan of this generation... i mostly like the media! the toys, not that much....

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 09:45:01 AM »
I'm just going to list G1 picks since that's the generation I collect the most. This is somewhat off the top of my head :)

G1:

Spoiler
1. Mint Dreams
2. Tex
3. Sugar Apple
4. Applejack
5. Bow-Tie
6. Cotton Candy
7. Baby Cotton Candy
8. Fizzy
9. Nightlight
10. Baby Candy
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal