collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: twilight sparkle hair re-styling!  (Read 356 times)

Offline chocolateDelight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
twilight sparkle hair re-styling!
« on: January 13, 2022, 12:26:42 PM »
not sure if this goes there, but i tried to re-style my twilight's sparkle hair.
i've had her from long time ago; a cousin gave me a crystal empire twilight sparkle that came with ploomette II. twilight and ploomette are one of the few G4s i have, along with a mcdonald's latin america light-up pinkie pie.

she always had this... how to say it? factory... box? factory boxed hair, which is HORRIBLE. she has a factory error too, a small crack on her head, which is common on G4s. the cherry on top is that most of her tinsel had small folds, so it was a pain on the neck to make her look actually decent.

so, i decided to remove most of her tinsel and re-style her! her hair is still kinda tangled, but she looks better than before at least.

i'll accept any tip!

before:
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

aaand... after!:

Spoiler

her tinsel is still a little bit crazy though...

next time i'll re-style my ploomette! (which has a pretty bad case of tangled hair, on top of that, she has a little bit of frizz)

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: twilight sparkle hair re-styling!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 07:56:09 PM »
It certainly looks much more manageable now! Nice work!

I have styled many ponies from this particular wave. :) Did you give her hair a wash? I find that these guys are pretty simple. Usually just a quick wash with conditioner and a combing out will make their mane look much nicer. Their tail...whole other story. I can't exactly remember if it's THIS wave or the NEXT wave where their tails start to absolutely suck. I have had to de-frizz many a G4 tail over my thrifting journies. DerpyDerp910 on Youtube has a good video explaining how to defrizz the hair (my method is much less glamorous. Fried Bath and Bodyworks lotion, anyone?).

I love the tinsel and always keep it, but if you want to de-tinsel, go ahead and do it! "Box Hair" is the term for the (either fun wave or) weirdly positioned hair.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline chocolateDelight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: twilight sparkle hair re-styling!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 09:56:56 AM »
It certainly looks much more manageable now! Nice work!

I have styled many ponies from this particular wave. :) Did you give her hair a wash? I find that these guys are pretty simple. Usually just a quick wash with conditioner and a combing out will make their mane look much nicer. Their tail...whole other story. I can't exactly remember if it's THIS wave or the NEXT wave where their tails start to absolutely suck. I have had to de-frizz many a G4 tail over my thrifting journies. DerpyDerp910 on Youtube has a good video explaining how to defrizz the hair (my method is much less glamorous. Fried Bath and Bodyworks lotion, anyone?).

I love the tinsel and always keep it, but if you want to de-tinsel, go ahead and do it! "Box Hair" is the term for the (either fun wave or) weirdly positioned hair.

thank you!
yes, i did wash the hair, i did it with an old hair butter (it's like hair conditioner but more creamy), and her hair got a little bit smoother and, lightly softer. just a little bit of that and then, i combed her hair.

thank you for the de-frizzing video! i have LOTS of ponies with frizz, and it's pretty difficult to manage.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal