collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Misplacing items / selling something by mistake  (Read 821 times)

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
Misplacing items / selling something by mistake
« on: January 10, 2022, 04:19:27 AM »
Hey everyone!
I hope all of you are doing well.

Now here's my story / recent discovery:

Ugh I feel so stupid!
I always thought I had my G2 Fancy Dress Ball Ponies set complete.
Then a few years ago I found some doubles and also lots of double outfits.
I thought I had Puff without a suit but sadly there was no dragon suit in the lot.
I sold all the double ponies and all the double suits.
Now that I finally have a bigger house and all my ponies here (most still in boxes),
I found out that my Teddy doesnt have a suit while I sold two of them!!!
I feel so stupid because now I need one and they are hard to find  >_<
Also I can't find Puff anywhere.

Did you ever made a mistake like that?

---edit---

So im glad to have found the item i thought was sold.
So now i wonder, have you ever misplaced something that you thought was gone for ever and found it back?
Or sold something that you actually needed in your own collection?

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Silly me
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 08:14:34 AM »
Yes! I have misplaced things (once I lost a Breezie) and bought something I already have (I forgot I owned it) :blush:

It is easy to do if you have a larger collection or have stuff packed away :hug:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Skelletonimp

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Silly me
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 01:06:57 AM »
Im glad to hear that im not the only one

But a miracle happened :D
I was cleaning out boxes at the attic and found a whole box with loads of G2 accessories including Teddy her suit and comb :D :D :D
Im so happy right now

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Misplacing items / selling something by mistake
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 03:57:56 PM »
Im glad to hear that im not the only one

But a miracle happened :D
I was cleaning out boxes at the attic and found a whole box with loads of G2 accessories including Teddy her suit and comb :D :D :D
Im so happy right now

Oh phew, talk about a heart attack moment!! I'm glad you found it again!!

I came very close to selling my VNM Gusty ... she's brilliantly white, and I put her in my 'to clean' pile because she got a little grubby. Cue me a year later thinking 'oh, the wash pile is all sale ponies!' Here's hoping I didn't make that mistake with anyone else and never caught it ... >.<
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 04:27:32 PM »
So glad you had a happy ending!

I had thought I'd sold my MIP Glow G2s...Copper, Silver and Golden. I was sure I had. And then I found Copper was living at the back of my MIP cupboard. So ok, I thought I sold the other two. Then found them in the attic, along with a MOC Hip Holly which I know we brought back from Paris with us in 1999? 2000? I'd assumed I'd sold her as I hadn't seen her in years. Apparently not. In fact I think I found about 10 MIP G2s in total up there.

I did accidentally send the wrong fashion once, in an ebay sale. The buyer refused to send it back. It was Neon Lights I think, and I should have sent flashprance. I wouldn't have minded except it came from a pony meet and I didn't intend to part with it. I was ready to send the other to the buyer - the one they actually won - on return of the mistake, but they expected to get both of them. So I feel they stole my outfit, but it was still due to my mistake.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 02:54:27 PM »
I have a massive collection and a massive pile of trade stuff.  I also have a tiny house, so a lot of stuff gets packed away in bins. When I get new stuff in, I often have to disassemble large chunks of my closet to get at the bins to check things over/put things away.  This leads to “sort” bins full of random stuff that’s in a kind of limbo between confirmed “processed” collection and confirmed trade. This whole situation has caused problems with keeping things straight.  Big problems.

I have issues with figuring out what is going on all the time.  I’ve sold collection pieces accidentally for cheap because I got them confused with worse condition trade pieces. I’ve accidentally re-bought the same pony multiple times.  I’ve gotten collection pieces mixed into the trade bin more times than I want to think about. I’ve passed on items that I found out later I really needed because I thought I had one already. I even found my a large chunk of my collection ponywear(including multiple items from my childhood) in my trade bin. I still have no idea how that happened.  I think some of my childhood ponies got mixed into the trade bin too, but I’m still not sure how many or which ones.  I’m still missing a few ponies. It’s a real problem. 

It’s taken years, but I have made great strides in organizing things.  I now have a binder which lists what I have, and where to find it, and I do try to update it regularly.  I’m religious about labeling “sort bin” items, so no more mystery bags of ponies and/or accessories. I’ve started labeling collection items(including accessory bags), and I even made up tags that have spaces for the date I got it, where I got it, and other information.   I’ve developed a color coded system for labeling bins so there is no confusion between collection and trade bins, and I have tried to store the bins in separate areas of the house to really keep them apart. It’s still a work in progress,  but is has reduced a lot of the costly mistakes. It’s not entirely eliminated them, but it has reduced them significantly.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 02:56:31 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Skelletonimp

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 08:21:45 AM »
Snapdragon: That would have been a sad mistake! Thankfully you noticed it on time

Taffeta: I wouldnt mind finding so many MOC's in my attic! That must have been an amazing feeling! The other part of the story is very sad, I wish that person would be honest and send it back to you :(

goddessofpeep: I love your new system! So sad that so many things had to go wrong, I hope that's all in the past now!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 01:48:32 PM »
Ahh that is great news :cheer:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 07:00:29 AM »
I have never sold something by mistake but I have sold ponies I later regrettet selling :(

However, I have more than once bought something for my Pixar Cars collection and then discovered I already had it and had to go back to the store to return it :lookround:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 10:07:22 AM »
My mom had bought me the blue Mermaid princess G1 for Christmas this year. She swears she wrapped it with a Grand Champion horse she got me but I cannot find it. I don’t specifically remember opening it even though I have thoughts that maybe I did but am not sure if I am just imagining it. Pregnancy brain is so fun. Anyway, she says she doesn’t have it and I can’t find it. I am worried it somehow was lost in the wrapping or something and got tossed. It makes me sick wondering where she is. My husband does not remember seeing it and my mom said she wasn’t in the room when I opened that particular gift. My husband always rounds up the gifts for the car and he brought them in and unpacked them and says he does not remember seeing it at all. So, now who knows where she has ended up. I am heartsick thinking about it.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2022, 10:21:04 AM »
I've had this happen with G3s, I found some that I don't remember getting at all, and also couldn't find one that I swore I had...maybe she's hiding and I'll find her sometime.  Also for some reason I always forget that I have G1 Glory, and start thinking about how "I really should get her!" when in reality I have had her for years and years.  I don't know why, she's like a blind spot to me, ha ha.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2022, 12:10:51 PM »
I FOUND the missing head!!! I'd put it away in a tin, but not the body. Relief!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2022, 10:58:05 PM »
This is gonna be a funny one - I was digging through my bait box (as you do!), and I found a Firefly body without its head. I have a few ponies who got their neck plugs chopped off, and so there's a few stray heads rolling around in the box... but no Firefly!

Frantic, I search every spot I keep bait, hoping to find her head, and it's nowhere! I go through the box, the bag, the other box! No Firefly head!

But I have a sneaking suspicion, so I check my "before" photos to make sure ... and it turns out she came to me without a head. :lmao:

Thus ends the saga of No Head Firefly! Now she wears an extra Peachy head, which also came to me sans body! What a lucky coincidence! :silly:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal