Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Info about G3 Birthflower Ponies

(1/3) > >>

paradiserain:
Hey pony friends,

Sorry it's been a hot minute since I was active here, but I need some help trying to figure out the G3 birthflower ponies.

I'm just 3 ponies away from completing the G3 birthstone pony collection (Just need March Madness, June Blossom, and November Nights now) and I want to try and collect the 12 birthflower ponies next.

However, I have come to discover that every listing I have found of a G3 birthflower pony has been ludicrously expensive. Like, $350 for an MIB December Poinsettia and $140 non-MIB February Violet. Sometimes I'll find listings for non-MIB ones that are still over $50 and that still feels too steep to me.

I know they are considered HTF and were exclusive to Toys-R-Us in 2006 but weren't the birthstone ponies also sold for one year as Toys-R-Us exclusives in 2005? Yet the birthstone ponies are considered much easier to obtain and are generally much more reasonably priced as MIBs and non-MIBs.

Am I missing some info here? Was there only a few hundred made of each pony? Were the birthflower ponies only available for a few months in 2006 or are people just being ridiculous with their pricing online?

I really want to own the birthflower set one day but I just can't see that happening if sellers keep pricing them so darn high. I don't have that much disposable income available.  :cloud:

Just trying to make sense of the situation and learn something.

Edit: Wow, thank you to everyone for the replies! This has been a very interesting and informative discussion. I really had no idea the birthflower ponies were so massively popular amongst collectors even in 2006. It makes a lot of sense now. Still sad that they're so hard to find and expensive these days, but I'm still hoping to have them all someday.

Thanks again!  :heart:

tailrustedtealeaf:
I was not in the scene in 2006 but I'd imagine there may be a few factors:
-Distribution in 2006 not being as strong as 2005
-Stores may have had extras of the 2005 ponies and (if possible,) opted out of carrying the new set
-General sought-after-ability increasing prices and demand
I am sure someone else will come in and be able to describe the environment from that time.

I always find part of the excitement to be getting ponies I want at lower prices. I hope a more reasonably priced pony pops up for you soon!

lovesbabysquirmy:
the birthflowers weren't well distributed

Ponybookworm:
G3 Birthflowers are highly sought after, as they were exclusive, rare, & not widely distributed. Took me ages to get the April one, & due to their rarity, I'm not going for the rest

nhal039:

--- Quote from: paradiserain on January 08, 2022, 08:09:48 AM ---Hey pony friends,

Sorry it's been a hot minute since I was active here, but I need some help trying to figure out the G3 birthflower ponies.

I'm just 3 ponies away from completing the G3 birthstone pony collection (Just need March Madness, June Blossom, and November Nights now) and I want to try and collect the 12 birthflower ponies next.

However, I have come to discover that every listing I have found of a G3 birthflower pony has been ludicrously expensive. Like, $350 for an MIB December Poinsettia and $140 non-MIB February Violet. Sometimes I'll find listings for non-MIB ones that are still over $50 and that still feels too steep to me.

I know they are considered HTF and were exclusive to Toys-R-Us in 2006 but weren't the birthstone ponies also sold for one year as Toys-R-Us exclusives in 2005? Yet the birthstone ponies are considered much easier to obtain and are generally much more reasonably priced as MIBs and non-MIBs.

Am I missing some info here? Was there only a few hundred made of each pony? Were the birthflower ponies only available for a few months in 2006 or are people just being ridiculous with their pricing online?

I really want to own the birthflower set one day but I just can't see that happening if sellers keep pricing them so darn high. I don't have that much disposable income available.  :cloud:

Just trying to make sense of the situation and learn something.

--- End quote ---

If you look at sold listings I doubt any sold for those highly listed prices. The are sort after but you can still pick them up from any where from $10 - 50. You just have to keep an eye out for them and be patient. Its a very cool set to have

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version