Pony Talk > Off Topic

Do you live where it snows?

(1/5) > >>

BlackCurtains:
I grew up in Wisconsin where we had four distinct seasons and winter was always accompanied by snow. I've shoveled a lot in the past! In fact, the last year I lived there we had one of the worst blizzards in years. I have old photos of giant icicles on the side of the house, and huge mounds of snow.

Then I lived in South Carolina for a bit. It snowed twice, but it wasn't much more than an inch. They didn't know how to handle it though and everything shut down.

I've lived in Florida since and I'm far enough south that it never snows. It will however, get cold enough to see your breath. That's happened a few times, usually in February is when we get the coldest.

I miss the snow sometimes, but I wouldn't want to shovel again :P

SpacePinto:
Not as often as it used to, thanks to the global warming.

LadyAmalthea:
Yep, I'm in Wisconsin. It's been mild so far this year; it only just snowed for the first time this past weekend. It has gotten really cold though...single digits the last couple of mornings.

I used to live on the west side of Michigan, and we got tons more snow there. The temps were milder though.

tailrustedtealeaf:
I do, and we've only had flurries so far this year! I would really love to move up north and have stronger winters and cooler summers.

Mewtwofan1:
     We have snow, and lots of it here in Edmonton. We are also having weeks of -30 or below weather, so the streets aren’t being cleared either. Which is silly, because that’s what we pay the city to do, and garbage collection is still going despite the cold. You’re all welcome to come over and grab a shovel if you want in on the snow shovelling fun!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version