collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you cut your own hair?  (Read 2609 times)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Do you cut your own hair?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2022, 09:54:52 PM »
Nope, nope, nope. I have too much hair that is tamed with my hairdresser. I do not mess with her! She has scissors!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2022, 08:38:31 PM »
I've cut my own hair before but I usually had my sister in law do it for me. When it's just shaving I'll get help from my mom sometimes but not if scissors are involved.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2022, 09:36:16 AM »
yep, and no xD
I have a deathhawk, and my hubby helps shave the sides. I do the ends of the long hair myself though.
I've cut my own hair for years now. I also cut hubby's hair.

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2022, 08:40:08 PM »
I have only had my hair cut professionally as an adult once. I think I was only about nineteen and I went to a stylist with my roommate for a trim. I never went again. Largely because I was very poor then. Now, I'm not rich, but I'm comfortable. I can afford it, but I have been living so long without it, I don't even know where to start to cut my hair. As such, I had the same hair style for pretty much my entire life.

During covid, I decided to make my hair my covid project. I cut it in a different style and dyed it. The cutting took a couple of passes for me to get to what I wanted but I've been happy with it. I also get a lot of compliments about my hair as it is now, so I've been pretty happy with the results.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2022, 07:01:41 PM »
Nope. But I havent had a cut in 3 years

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline stjarne

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • my teemnsy pone....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2022, 07:53:14 PM »
never have but i kind of want to! i usually get my hair cut to just a bit above shoulder length when i get it done. thats about it, but i do want some bangs eventually & i'm just scared i wont end up liking them, it'll be very new for me. most i've done is part my hair to the side & dye it a shade of red, which i've really enjoyed
✧・゚* jar ・゚*✧
they/she ◦ 22
G3 wishes | jars pony junction | my insta

:cloud:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2022, 06:11:26 AM »
I never have...I was always to picky about my hair to mess with it myself or even trust anyone but my one hairdresser. However, now that it is falling out due to chemo treatment, I'm thinking of just taking my husband's clippers to it! I had it hacked off about a month ago so I could send it off to have a halo wig made from it, but left my bangs and it's about an inch long everywhere else. I've managed to hold on to it longer than most people do, but it's starting to get really messy and my kids are starting to complain about finding hair in their food, so I suppose it's time! :pullhair:

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2022, 07:03:34 AM »
My amazing husband cuts my hair for me. He cuts his own hair though cuz I am no hair stylist x.x

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2022, 10:40:18 AM »
I never have...I was always to picky about my hair to mess with it myself or even trust anyone but my one hairdresser. However, now that it is falling out due to chemo treatment, I'm thinking of just taking my husband's clippers to it! I had it hacked off about a month ago so I could send it off to have a halo wig made from it, but left my bangs and it's about an inch long everywhere else. I've managed to hold on to it longer than most people do, but it's starting to get really messy and my kids are starting to complain about finding hair in their food, so I suppose it's time! :pullhair:

:( :hug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2022, 01:36:02 PM »

Thanks, LaW. :huh: 

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2022, 02:42:31 PM »

Thanks, LaW. :huh:

Hugs for you :hug:

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2022, 09:51:42 AM »

:hug:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2022, 03:45:37 PM »
Thanks all, for the hugs. I'm in 'little-old-man' phase right now...I never did take the clippers to it because my scalp got too sensitive. My halo wig arrived finally and it's so comforting to have my own hair back to wear again! It's a little big,despite my sending in correct measurements, and the didn't cut the bangs (but at least it's comfortable). So...staying on topic to the post, looks like I'll be going to the hair salon to get bangs cut on it! I don't dare chop at it myself...it won't grow back this time! Just need a name for this wig...my itchy synthetic wigs are called 'Maddie' and 'Monica'. XD

Offline dragglereeka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2022, 01:46:56 AM »
Very occasionally visit the salon when I've saved some money.
I cut and dye my hair myself mostly. I just get someone to give me a hand at the bleaching stage to make sure I've covered all the roots.
I have dark brown hair by nature, I've been dying it pink for nearly 3 years now!
Currently have it neon pink with bright blue fringe/bangs!

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2022, 10:29:01 AM »
Thanks all, for the hugs. I'm in 'little-old-man' phase right now...I never did take the clippers to it because my scalp got too sensitive. My halo wig arrived finally and it's so comforting to have my own hair back to wear again! It's a little big,despite my sending in correct measurements, and the didn't cut the bangs (but at least it's comfortable). So...staying on topic to the post, looks like I'll be going to the hair salon to get bangs cut on it! I don't dare chop at it myself...it won't grow back this time! Just need a name for this wig...my itchy synthetic wigs are called 'Maddie' and 'Monica'. XD

Maybe Twinkles? Or Opalescence. Prrr.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal