Pony Talk > Off Topic

Looking back on this year...

(1/2) > >>

Artemesia's Garden:
What were the best and worst things that happened to you? What is the best thing you did for others?

BlackCurtains:
This year was not kind to me. I lost my sister to cancer and I'm watching as both of my parents decline.

The best thing is that my 19 year old cat is still alive and well. She has a healthy appetite and is very cuddly and loving.

I'm really not sure I did anything for others. I call my mom everyday and tell her I love her.

Ponybookworm:
Best things: three jabs & three day-trips with them!!!
My first Argies, getting back to Customs, felt costumes, the Ponies I got from here, & Snowel Pegasus!!!
All the sorting!!! Got so much rubbish, recycling & dead stuff out it's a huge relief!!!
The return of the coffee morning!!!

Worst: the fact we're STILL in a pandemic
Therefore still no: counselling, support group access (even if there was one), eye tests, & a bunch of other things, because the maximum time I can wear a mask is like half an hour
My glasses broke AFTER I had a chance to see even a local optician (a bus ride away so if it's not a jab day I don't) to fix them
My mood us still not the best.

I know people have had worse than I have this year, but I also know every issue is valid xxx

Things done for others: been part of online communities who support each other through low moods & crises, this one included. BC, sharky snuggles xxx

Artemesia's Garden:

--- Quote from: BlackCurtains on December 23, 2021, 05:19:25 AM ---This year was not kind to me. I lost my sister to cancer and I'm watching as both of my parents decline.

The best thing is that my 19 year old cat is still alive and well. She has a healthy appetite and is very cuddly and loving.

I'm really not sure I did anything for others. I call my mom everyday and tell her I love her.

--- End quote ---

I know you've had a tough one. But I also know how considerate you are to your family and that's the best thing anyone can do for others IMO.

--- Quote from: Ponybookworm on December 23, 2021, 06:54:52 AM ---Best things: three jabs & three day-trips with them!!!
My first Argies, getting back to Customs, felt costumes, the Ponies I got from here, & Snowel Pegasus!!!
All the sorting!!! Got so much rubbish, recycling & dead stuff out it's a huge relief!!!
The return of the coffee morning!!!

Worst: the fact we're STILL in a pandemic
Therefore still no: counselling, support group access (even if there was one), eye tests, & a bunch of other things, because the maximum time I can wear a mask is like half an hour
My glasses broke AFTER I had a chance to see even a local optician (a bus ride away so if it's not a jab day I don't) to fix them
My mood us still not the best.

I know people have had worse than I have this year, but I also know every issue is valid xxx

Things done for others: been part of online communities who support each other through low moods & crises, this one included. BC, sharky snuggles xxx

--- End quote ---

I agree it felt good to get those vaccines. We just got back from getting husband's booster. I also need new glasses and the dentist so I feel you on that. I miss my therapist too but I don't get as much out of it over the phone for sure. It is good to be part of these communities. I don't have a community anymore since I moved house during the pandemic so here is the nearest thing I have.

Taffeta:
Honestly, 2021 hasn't existed for me at all, nor my family really.

I guess that's the thing I've done for other people, though? Put my life continuously on hold to keep my parents safe and help them with stuff like deliveries, collecting medicine and other things? They feel guilty about this, especially my mother, but it's not them I hold responsible.

In the summer I had to turn down a job in London because pandemic logistics made it impossible for me to relocate. To be explicit, I can't navigate and can't handle logistical stuff on my own, but can't safely take my parents into a pandemic situation to resolve those issues. So I had to pass it up. The only positive from it being that I know I am capable of getting a job even in this climate. Hopefully next year will allow me to.

The positives of this year - spending time in the garden, spending quality time with my parents which I know in the future I won't regret. Spending so much time with the water birds down at the pond, who now come out onto the side to greet us when we go down there. Roaming around new areas on the few occasions sister has been around. Building my website....stuff like that.

But my life went on pause in March 2020 and it hasn't come off pause yet. Every moment I think it can, something else happens to mean it can't. I may be a little bitter, but I'm trying not to become jaded about it.

Vaccines are also a good thing, but antivaxxers upset me just in general for reasons I've explained before. So having to constantly hear about them and their nonsense is irritating white noise that doesn't help.

I guess this is quite a negative post. :( Sorry about that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version