collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Are Your Pony Mystery/Horror Stories?  (Read 2746 times)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
What Are Your Pony Mystery/Horror Stories?
« on: December 17, 2021, 08:10:47 PM »
Have you ever gotten a pony and she became a nightmare or a complete mystery?  Tell me your stories, show pictures if you have them!

I'll start!

After finally getting my grail pony Nightlight, when she arrived in the mail I was so excited! I opened her up to give her a good cleaning because she came from a smoker's home and found her tail like this
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She was already opened up before because her neck glue was detached and this tail isn't correct for Nightlight. Plus this type of tail doesn't belong to this region from what I am told. All I want to know how it ended up this way and why?!  :what:

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What Are Your Pony Mystery/Horror Stories?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 10:14:44 PM »
Oh no I'm sorry that happened to you D:

I've opened a package before only to find all the ponies had been wrapped in newspaper... so of course they had black smudges from the ink all over them :( Luckily I managed to clean it off!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 12:01:07 AM »
Jebus! Now that’s upsetting! I am so sorry this happened to you. But I am also curious now about how that tail swap might have happened.

I once purchased a Princess royal purple from an antique shop. I felt pretty good about the price, She is by no means in mint condition or anything, but I was just happy to have her since her eyelashes looked like fuzzy little eyebrows. When I bring ponies home, I disinfect and wash their hair. Don’t want germs, and it helps to clean off any lingering dirt. Princesses tail was braided, so I go to remove the braid and wash it…only for most the tail (save for a few strands) to come apart in my hands. Idk how, but I’m guessing it was cut before and somehow braided to hold itself together. Still haven’t fixed her tail, and she is the only squeaky butt of my collection as a cautionary reminder.
Then there’s the time I ordered my first ever pony lot, and silver song had food and an unknown substance tangled in her hair. I absolutely hate touching left over crumbs/bits of food so this just grossed me out. I think I washed her hair three times just to make sure it was gone.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 12:29:34 AM »
Before customizing was really common, when people were still trying stuff like "I'll dye the hair with Kool Aid!", I decided to customize this really ratty Glory.  I wanted to turn her into a black pony.  So I tried . . . black Sharpie.

Turns out Sharpie on a pony NEVER DRIES.  But also it stains too much to ever be completely removed.  AHHHHHH!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 02:39:52 AM »
I've got a couple of stories but I'll share the latest.

I bought ponies from a woman on vinted and she forgot to include one of the ponies.

She didn't apologise, her reaction was roughly 'oops teehee'.

So for a couple of months, I kept contacting her because she still had my pony that I payed for. I couldn't get her to ship it for like 2-3 -months.

All she could talk about was her pregancy, milk intolarence and other nonsense. She often didn't reply to my requests for shipping.

I finally managed to get  her to ship it and the pony is safe here but by Celestia it felt like I had to pry her from the sellers hands!

Never buying from her again.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 05:51:13 AM by kingluke »
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Shiverdam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 05:06:42 AM »
When I was 10-11 and first discovered pony customizing, I selected two poor ponies from my collection to customize: Peachy and Trickles. I have no idea why I chose these ponies specifically. I taped their hair up and painted over them with blotchy acrylics that dried really sticky. They were ugly as sin. I eventually became ashamed enough of them that I put them away out of sight.

Years later I rediscovered them and tried to clean them off, but they were terribly stained and the shame set in once again. I think I actually threw poor Trickles into the garbage because I haven't seen her since, but I believe Peachy is still around.

Signature by starscout
she/her they/them
Will sell soul for Oakly the Moose
Soul has been sold, MOOSE ACQUIRED

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 05:50:35 AM »
Hmm. I guess for me it would be the pony that arrived from Europe (to the USA) with a live maggot.

It didn't creep me out but it made me very curious. How did it get in the package with the pony? How did it survive the trip? What type of insect was it?

There was only the one and it was small and the pony was otherwise fine.

I didn't bring it up to the person who mailed her, because she was a sort of RAOPK and I don't think the person like, put the maggot in there on purpose :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2021, 07:46:06 AM »
Very shortly after G4 came out, I picked up my favorite pony from the then newest gen, Rarity. I kept her displayed on my nightstand next to my bed. One day, I came home to find that my little sister had given her quite the trim. I was so angry about it at the time, but now we look back on it and laugh. We actually still have that Rarity, and we plan on customizing her soon. Oh yeah, and one time I stepped inside her room and found.... this scene.
Spoiler

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline lalalei2001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2021, 11:38:23 AM »
Poor Nightlight and Rarity!

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2021, 11:38:53 AM »
When my Venezuelan MIB Tootsie finally arrived she was taken out of her box by customs and she arrived loose from her box with no accessories.
They apparently forgot to put them back in... That's horror story number one.
Horror story number 2 is a follow up.
I moved all my ponies with me after I moved out from my parents house. Since I've never been able to stall out my entire collection I left the box from my Venezuelan Tootsie at my parents place since I thought it would be safer there. It's been there for years until recently. I wanted to take it home with me but my parents are a bit forgetful and thought I didn't want the box since it's been there so long. So my mom shredded it into peaces and threw it away. I was still able to get it out of the trash but sadly it's destroyed beyond repair :(

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2021, 01:36:52 PM »
this are all horrific, my god.
Before customizing was really common, when people were still trying stuff like "I'll dye the hair with Kool Aid!", I decided to customize this really ratty Glory.  I wanted to turn her into a black pony.  So I tried . . . black Sharpie.

Turns out Sharpie on a pony NEVER DRIES.  But also it stains too much to ever be completely removed.  AHHHHHH!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! "First Custom" stories are such a cursed terrain, but that's a MUCH bigger yikes than what I got up to with my first try.

(also, love your tumblr!)
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2021, 03:35:40 PM »
That looks like an Italian rainbow tail maybe?

But that in a nutshell explains why I don't buy ponies with broken neck seals. I'm sorry that happened.

Hrm. Let me see. Aside the MIP ponies sent surface mail without any padding...guess how that ended? There was the birthflower pony who stank of car oil. I had to tether her to the outside of my window to air out, fortunately it was summer.

My sister when we were kids also once wrote her name on the hooves of my baby tiddly winks. Though it has come off with time. But her crowning achievement was when she dropped my baby yoyo down a (fortunately squeaky clean) toilet. She did get disinfected but yeah, apparently while I was at school there was a fair amount of panic over this between a three year old sister and my mother. ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2021, 05:54:07 PM »
My goodness some of these stories sound crazy! The maggot got me!

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Duality

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2021, 06:27:07 PM »
Huh, that's interesting, are you keeping that tail for her or getting her a new one?

One experience I had was when my grandma was so nice and had thought of me and got some ponies for me from the flea market, I decided to wash them especially this little G3 McDonalds pony because she felt a little grubby. Well, I started rinse her and all her hair fell out! It looked like whoever owned her cut the hair and then attempted to glue it back on?! I ended up popping the head off and removing the little bits that were left. I was going to re-hair her but I wasn't quite sure how to so she's still bald  ^^;

Another time was I really wanted Masquerade and a really nice looking one came up on eBay with beautiful hair so I purchased her and after I got her, I noticed she had brown spots all over body that wasn't visible in the pictures and they did not mention it. I guess the plastic was starting to break down. She started to get really sticky. I kept her but she's at my dad's, hopefully still doing okay.

Offline Poster

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2021, 10:09:37 PM »
Hmm. I guess for me it would be the pony that arrived from Europe (to the USA) with a live maggot.

It didn't creep me out but it made me very curious. How did it get in the package with the pony? How did it survive the trip? What type of insect was it?

There was only the one and it was small and the pony was otherwise fine.

I didn't bring it up to the person who mailed her, because she was a sort of RAOPK and I don't think the person like, put the maggot in there on purpose :lol:

...Imagine if there were a pony who came packaged with a cutesy, happy, cartoony maggot as a little animal friend figure. I would probably unironically buy that so fast. :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal