collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mysterious Ball  (Read 1072 times)

Offline CameronFalany

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
  • It's a Party
    • View Profile
Mysterious Ball
« on: December 15, 2021, 07:59:53 PM »
I decided to open my BF fizzy last night and there was a large rattle (not a small rattle) so I opened her up to investigate…. Inside her foot was a metal ball, like a marble. I softened her with hot water and eventually worked the ball through her knee joint, but am pretty perplexed how it got into her hollow foot! It must be something that cleans the machine, or exfoliates the ponies lol, any ideas from the manufacturing side? I almost want to reach out to them, do to the safety hazard, but do not want to compromise them making more ponies lol
...always another rainbow!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Mysterious Ball
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 08:06:01 PM »
Oh, okay, so it's not my imagination that Fizzy feels heavier than the rest!

Here's my hypothesis:

So you know how sometimes ponies in the Fizzy pose will tilt forward so they're resting on their raised hoof?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I think the weight is there to prevent it from happening and ensure she always stands upright.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 08:08:34 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline CameronFalany

• Teeny Tiny Pony
  • It's a Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 08:23:36 PM »
That makes a lot of sense! It’s funny they would think of that, who ever is on this design team must love the little ponies….or is really great at marketing!

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 08:27:54 PM »
Does anyone else have a Basic Fun Fizzy that they deboxed?
I think the forward tilt theory is a good one because no child could reasonably get the ball out because BF pony is so hard anyway. Which leg was it in? I would check but I can't find this set anywhere and am still looking and sad about it.

This is very interesting though! If it's a ball-bearing those can cost a bit too?
I seem to remember on the history of ponies, that the CP First 6 ponies DID rely on their heavy quality tail washers and thick/luxury tails to stand and not tip over forward. I think the poorly hasbro-3-pack attempt done later had a tipping problem because they were so cheaply done and weren't paying attention to how the originals were made. Could the Fizzy Pose be a victim of that, where the tail was meant to be heavier to balance her? But then when it wasn't, they resorted to somehow poking a ball bearing into there?

Offline CameronFalany

• Teeny Tiny Pony
  • It's a Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 08:52:26 PM »
The ball is in her right back leg (the display side) I have her twice and both had it! I’m extracting them, in case they rust, I wish they had just injected her legs with more pony plastic! That’s really interesting about the washers and tail balancing the originals!
      The balls were easy to pop out when the pony is softened with hot water or a heating pad! And I’m pretty sure these BFs are really for adults lol they know their demographic  :blush:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 07:47:57 AM »
I remember those Collector ponies . . . Yeah, they would not stand for ANYTHING!  Based on the Flat-foot versions for sure.

Fizzy's mold might depend on the tail a little, but I think it's usually more an issue of her legs warping too close together.  And then the weight from her lifted leg and head makes her tilt.

Since the Basic Fun ponies are made of less squishy plastic, I actually think this would be less of an issue . . . ?  Is your Fizzy is standing okay after the ball was taken out, CameronFalany?

Maybe Basic Fun bought a Fizzy to color match which tilted and they decided to get ahead of the problem.  It makes me wonder how they would handle the Love Melody pose and if they could make it more stable.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 08:37:34 AM »
That shows a lot of thought. BF you continue to be awesome
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 06:04:41 AM »
Huh, that's interesting! I love the forethought, Basic Fun are great about stuff like this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CameronFalany

• Teeny Tiny Pony
  • It's a Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 02:30:20 PM »
LadyMoondancer I have taken the ball out of multiple Fizzys and it’s about 50/50 if they stand! I’m sure BF wouldn’t put something that would corrode inside of them! In twenty years I’ll ask you how it turned out lol

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2021, 03:40:23 PM »
Omg I haven’t opened mine yet!! I’ll have to check it out!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2021, 05:02:43 AM »
Semi-off topic, but "Mysterious Ball" kind of sounds like a storyline for My Little Pony in my opinion, but I mean a "Ball" like a dance.  Dunno what would be "mysterious" about it, but it sounds like a storyline idea waiting to happen, in my opinion...
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2022, 10:48:57 AM »
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad I scrolled way down in the feed and saw this today...I was about to post about it myself! I did a pretty thorough review of Fizzy when I first got her last fall, and I don't know how I didn't notice it then, but I picked her up last week and realized she rattled. Irritated that her tail washer must have dislodged already, I opened her up and made the same discovery you did!

I never was able to extract the mysterious object, but softening her as much as I could without actually boiling her, I worked it up high enough to see, with the help of a flashlight, that it looked to be an iridescent marble. My husband even tried to get it out, but couldn't.

Having removed it, do you think it's something that has the potential to rust if I leave it there? I'd rather leave her intact if not...I even guessed it might be there for balance/stability reasons.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2022, 12:44:44 PM »
I guess you could say BF Fizzy's really lost her marbles. :silly: Do the other TEs have them?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2022, 02:29:53 PM »
I guess you could say BF Fizzy's really lost her marbles. :silly: Do the other TEs have them?

:lmao:  Guess so! Nope, just Fizzy out of my set.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal