Creativity > Customs

Custom Twinkle Eye help?

(1/2) > >>

StarGazaar:
Hey everyone!!

I've decided to go on the mildly stressful journey of making a custom! I've done more than a few rehairs and symbol paints before, so I think I've gotten enough practice to try my hand at an original character!

The main issue is...well, my base is a normal G1 earth pony but the character I'm trying to make is Twinkle Eyed  :( I have gems in the right size, I'm just unsure on how to go about getting them in place and not look like they're bulging out...does anyone have any tips or tutorials? Thanks!

BlackCurtains:
What kind of gems are you using? Are they flatback? If they are, you should just be able to glue them in place. Don't use super glue as it melts the foil backing. If they are pointed back, you're going to have to cut a hole to fit it into and glue it in place around the edges.

Real TE eyes are like a plug. Which is also something you could do if you wanted to sculpt it.

As far as bulging goes, they are going to do that a little. If it bothers you, the only thing I can think of is cutting a hole to sink it into. But really, if you have the right sized gems they should look fine.

StarGazaar:
Ahh, thanks!! Mine are flatbacks, I was just having trouble getting them to look right on the pony's head
I think my plan now is to smooth down the original pupil and then glue on top then ^.^

vampyrefay:
Its normal for twinkle eyes to bulge slightly

Twizel:
I did twinkle eyes on one of my customs before. This might be more work than you want to do, but I carefully cut out the pupil and iris of the base pony, then pushed the gem into place from the inside of the pony's head, securing it with duct tape or glue.

Let me go find the result:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version