Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Anyone have pictures of G3 (or earlier!) ponies on store shelves?

(1/5) > >>

DazzleBright:
Hi ponies!

Does anybody happen to have any pictures of G3s on store shelves? I would love to see them and take a trip down memory lane! I feel like the Arena would be the best place to ask! Or, if you have G1 or G2 store pictures feel free to share them too! We can all take a look and reminisce!

Thanks!! Dazzlebright

ZatilPony:
A photo I saw a while ago! G1 ponies :lovey: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

FernMariposa919:

--- Quote from: ZatilPony on November 18, 2021, 05:48:00 AM ---A photo I saw a while ago! G1 ponies :lovey: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

--- End quote ---

Oh, I love that photo! I also saw it awhile ago on my Instagram and saved it. It really takes me back to going to Toys R Us and just seeing an entire aisle (or almost an entire aisle!) dedicated to all things MLP. I would love to see more pics like this, but I don't know how many people were taking pictures of toy aisles, especially since smart phones weren't a thing back then!  :lol:

Taffeta:
That was the picture I immediately thought of as well :) I forget who took it originally, but it's from the UK in around 1985-6, and it's so beautiful because it's like, omg, that's my childhood right there O.o. Lookit all those UK packages  :inlove: Early G1 packaging is the best.

(The smaller boxed things on the end of the 2nd row are snowglobes in case anyone isn't sure).

I have this really hazy memory of being a three or four year old picking out Cherries Jubilee with parental help, and I'm sure the store I got her from must have looked a little bit like that one :)

Going back to G3, I don't think I ever took any photos of store shelves when G3 were out and that's a sad thing to reflect on. I've taken ones since G4 but not G3. I was pretty slow to the smartphone which may be a part of why.

I often wish it was possible to print out memories, or at least post images of them online. I can visualise LOTS of pony store displays, from those when I was a kid, to G2 in France, to G3 in places but...no pics. :(

ZatilPony:
Another G1 photo as I can’t find any other. I also wish I could print out memories. I remember as a kid picking out some G3 Ponyvilles and G3.5s.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version