collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: She wrote to Basic Fun, you won't BELIEVE what happened next! Doctors hate her!  (Read 4546 times)

Offline serena-hime

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
I'm having a heart attack!

The Flower Fantasy ponies are some of my favorites and I have coveted Love Petal for years...the chance to get a repro with shiny, brand new nylon hair is an absolute dream for me! Sugaryberry is my favorite pose too, I am absolutely shaking lol!

I've always been in favor of them breaking continuity in order to make ponies that are a bit more eye-catching (both because some of them are quite rare and because they will get more sales from casual buyers), so I am very excited for this!

Please, Rainbow Curl ponies next!!!

Also, re: the seasons, they didn't mention this but the Spring toy season is considered the least important compared to Fall, and it's when most brands tend to release slightly less "deluxe" toys (and sometimes nothing at all) because sales tend to rise during the Fall season and things are more likely to sell out. In the doll community, if a doll line debuts in the Spring it's likely because the brand expects it to fail and they've devoted fewer resources to the release.

I won't be surprised if they decide not to release anything for Spring and instead focus on distributing the TE set, especially due to COVID factory issues and backlog (and because the TE set was delayed and released a bit later than a normal Fall line).

ETA: the team at Basic Fun are so nice! The last time I spoke with them started with me filing a claim for a damaged CJ I got online, and they sent me an SDCC Majesty as a replacement! One of the biggest surprises of my life honestly lol
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 01:40:02 PM by serena-hime »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
I’m excited for those that need them but am definitely surprised. I actually have all of the later releases excluding the Mail Orders. So I am not as excited as I find it is a lot of my earlier ones like TEs, So Softs, Brush N Grow, Flutter Ponies, Big Brothers and Sea Ponies that are in bad condition and I’d love to have mint ones. But in typing that Magic Message ponies with intact symbols would be amazing.  And I’d always take Candy Cane and Rainbow Curl ponies with mint curls. And to be truly honest I will want all the retro ponies Basic Fun produces as I am a gotta have them all collector…

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
That's so nice of them! I love the idea of more ponies.  I forgot those particular ponies exist.  It would be nice to have them.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Well, this is an interesting twist! I never would have guessed. Can't wait to see what else they put out...2 new poses open a lot of possibilities!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I hafta admit that out of all the sets they could have chosen, I would not ever guess it was the Flower Fantasies.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kid80

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
Wow! I don't have anything substantive to add here, but --although this choice strikes me completely random-- it is still SO SUPER DUPER COOL!!!

I love the idea of being able to purchase them as a set as well.

Thanks for this awesome update, LadyMoondancer!!!

Offline Delphian

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
This would be so great! I'm sad I can't find the current twinkle eyes around me though so I hope more retailers sell the FF ponies.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
I love you LM.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline sweetstuff85

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
I don’t really care for the flower fantasy ponies, the one with the pink flower/lace sort of looks like it has a disease to me.

I’ll probably still buy them because I know I will cave, love that they are continuing the line. What I’m really excited about is that means BF will have the Bright Eyes and Tic Tac Toe poses in production, meaning the next TE wave could consist of Tic Tac Toe, Bright Eyes, Galaxy and Speedy or Party Time depending on which mould/character they choose for the fourth pony in the set.

Thinking of the future possibilities :)

Post Merge: November 17, 2021, 10:12:52 PM

Just another thought..

I’m also very curious how BF does their market research and decided which pony sets to put into reproduction. 

Obviously releasing the first few years was the obvious choice as those are probably the most remembered and have the most nostalgic value to buyers… not we are getting into year 4 reproductions curious how they decide from here.

I wonder if they speak with collectors or look sleuth online and how they get their data.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 10:12:52 PM by sweetstuff85 »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
It dawned on me that the reason behind this mayyy be because the Flower Fantasies come from 1992, and next year is 2022. So 30 years since the END of MLP (in the US). I think I'm right that there aren't many sets from the US final year release that are in standard style poses, so it would just be a logical selection. I wonder if that's why. It's an opportunity to do another shiny anniversary. Since they're working only from the US line, that would probably be their end line. We've seen no evidence they're interested in ponies from overseas.

I think it's possible we won't get new in Spring, but I also think Galaxy and Speedy are possible because otherwise it's just Fizzy in that pose which seems a bit weird. I know she's a bit iconic but even so. So it may well be that we have 4 and then 2 added. I mentioned the pose thing in my previous post as well but there really isn't a reason not to make Bright Eyes and TTT if they're going to make those poses for the FF ponies.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
It dawned on me that the reason behind this mayyy be because the Flower Fantasies come from 1992, and next year is 2022. So 30 years since the END of MLP (in the US). I think I'm right that there aren't many sets from the US final year release that are in standard style poses, so it would just be a logical selection. I wonder if that's why. It's an opportunity to do another shiny anniversary. Since they're working only from the US line, that would probably be their end line. We've seen no evidence they're interested in ponies from overseas.

I think it's possible we won't get new in Spring, but I also think Galaxy and Speedy are possible because otherwise it's just Fizzy in that pose which seems a bit weird. I know she's a bit iconic but even so. So it may well be that we have 4 and then 2 added. I mentioned the pose thing in my previous post as well but there really isn't a reason not to make Bright Eyes and TTT if they're going to make those poses for the FF ponies.

Its as good a thought as any. Tempted to ask how they choose sets.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Oh my goodness! Amazing work!! Sucha  cute and lovely set, and one which I currently do not own. But will be all over like a rash. No pun intended.

p.s. should we volunteer to do market research?!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 04:26:39 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
It dawned on me that the reason behind this mayyy be because the Flower Fantasies come from 1992, and next year is 2022. So 30 years since the END of MLP (in the US). [snip]

You know, I think you might be right? It seems like a really weird choice to me - I never see anyone talk about the FFs so I was kind of under the impression they weren't really that popular...? I don't think they'd be anyone's first choice.. or second, or third. Not saying I think people dislike them, but my impression was that most folks are just neutral to them? Maybe I'm projecting - that's how I feel about them - but I dunno, it does feel like a set that has a story behind it, if that makes sense. Like there must be a *reason* why they picked them.

I checked the wiki, and assuming they didn't miss any off (I'll freely admit I just did a quick sweep-through, I wasn't very thorough) - the FFs were the _only_ regular posed, adult, US-released, 1992 ponies. Well okay, them and Birthday Pony. The others are all Brides, Sisters, or the Sodas (which I'm not counting as "regular" since they have modified molds - the mouth holes - not a huge mod, but still). So yeah, if the idea was a "30 years on" thing, and they wanted to stick to the basic pony molds - their options were fairly limited. Could definitely see that being the explanation.

Its as good a thought as any. Tempted to ask how they choose sets.

You should! I'd love to know more about the Basic Fun design process. ^^ A lot of their set choices make "sense", but them suddenly shooting forward ~6 years has really thrown me off, haha. I do really like that they went for a more obscure set, though. I LOVE seeing the obscure picks get some attention.

Offline Sweets

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Cracker Barrel needs to start getting more new ones in. I can't find any of the new sets or ponies around me as Cracker Barrel or Ollies (only saw a full set of rainbow once hoping to find more) ever carries them. I'm wanting the TE set so bad but shipping sucks and I really don't want to pay gouged out prices.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal