Creativity > Customs

Recycling my post: a good airbrush?

(1/4) > >>

Cobblestone:
Okay, I wanted to wait until she was mine to ask the community about her. I grabbed this gal off ebay the other day.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have some info about her from the seller but if anyone recognizes her I'd love to know more. I know she was created by Elizabeth Brookman and is possibly from Canada. She's also about 20 years old.

Girl is in rough shape due to time and I'm sure back then we weren't exactly using the same customizing processes that we are now. Depending on what can be done when I get her I'm considering trying to clean her up or maybe redo her? That's why I'd like to know more about the intent behind her. The seller couldn't find her old tag so theme wise and name wise she's in limbo. The best I can figure is maybe futuristic carousel?

I'd love any input.

So, I’m thinking a good airbrush would help out with repairs. Any suggestions for a good newbie airbrush that won’t break the bank?

TwistedRiver:
She's completely new to me so I can't be much help when it comes to history. She's very cute though and I love the theme you've chosen for her.
The  name that pops into my head is Star Prancer or something along those lines.

starscout:
I believe this custom's artist is on Instagram and Facebook under the name DOLLS4EMMA, if you'd like to ask her about it directly.

BlackCurtains:
Looks like you can contact the artist. She doesn't look familiar to me.

What exactly were you planning on doing? I can see her hair needs help. Is she sticky?

I've altered customs in my collection by cutting their hair or resealing them. I feel like redoing a custom by someone else is kind of weird though. I guess I need more info.

Cobblestone:

--- Quote from: starscout on November 16, 2021, 04:54:41 AM ---I believe this custom's artist is on Instagram and Facebook under the name DOLLS4EMMA, if you'd like to ask her about it directly.

--- End quote ---
I knew this was the best place to ask. I wasn’t able to find them but I don’t have either of those social media accounts so that’s probably why. I’ll grab an insta to ask more. Thank you!

Post Merge: November 16, 2021, 08:28:43 AM

--- Quote from: BlackCurtains on November 16, 2021, 05:18:47 AM ---Looks like you can contact the artist. She doesn't look familiar to me.

What exactly were you planning on doing? I can see her hair needs help. Is she sticky?

I've altered customs in my collection by cutting their hair or resealing them. I feel like redoing a custom by someone else is kind of weird though. I guess I need more info.

--- End quote ---
According to the seller she’s gone sticky so that’s got me thinking the paint is degrading.
My thought was to maybe replace the paint and rehair? I want to preserve her as best I can. I feel like you don’t see many custom this old (or at least I don’t).

Post Merge: November 16, 2021, 08:30:14 AM

--- Quote from: TwistedRiver on November 16, 2021, 12:57:01 AM ---She's completely new to me so I can't be much help when it comes to history. She's very cute though and I love the theme you've chosen for her.
The  name that pops into my head is Star Prancer or something along those lines.

--- End quote ---
thankfully I should be able to find out more. I think she’s cute too, but I want to put her in a position to last longer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version