collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cats Vs Pickles  (Read 6663 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Cats Vs Pickles
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2022, 04:30:39 AM »
This is the best I can offer. :P It goes up to the Holiday 2021 wave.

I'll be too busy with G5 to really seriously edit this going forward, oops! Maybe I can try to squeeze in a few listings here or there.

Thanks!! I can see a couple missing from there that were added to the official site recently, I'll try and add them to the wiki if I get a spare minute. (Can't commit to being a regular editor but I can jump in here and there!)

Also WHAT I had no idea they had doubled up on numbers in places?!? Ugh, I love this line but the number thing is a real trainwreck, I kinda wish they'd drop it already.

edit: Looking into updating the list now. For some reason GPS isn't on ANY of the checklists; I've got the two PDFs on the site and a big list that goes from 001 to 247 (Snowball) from their Facebook, and it's not on any. Weird. The FB checklist is missing some others that have been released, but those ARE on the other checklists, it seems to just be GPS that's totally absent. What a mess...

edit 2: Alright I updated the wiki article, that should have photos for all the beans that have been released so far now! :) There's some on the checklists that haven't been released yet, and also I couldn't find a stock photo of Snowball (I checked their Instagram and they had a pic that'd be *perfect* if it didn't have a big "SOLD OUT" scribbled all over it >_<) so he's got a broken image right now... If we can't find a stock pic of him I'll see if I can edit the promo pic of him to match the others, so we can use that temporarily.

the playset kitty images don't have transparent BGs, I'm not sure how to do that... I didn't want to mess about too much cause hopefully they'll add them to the site eventually and we can just pull the images from there.

Didn't have time tonight to write any articles, I'll see if I can find the time/motivation later but no promises, I'm not great with wikis honestly ^^;;

BTW here are the currently-unreleased beans:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(except Snowball - he was a super limited sold-out-in-five-seconds online-only release, apparently - I put him here to remind myself he doesn't have a photo on the wiki. made this mostly for my own reference, then figured I might as well upload it)
Some of these have been released in other sizes, I'm really excited for Tie Dye to get a bean release!

These ones are blanked out on all checklists and AFAIK haven't been revealed yet:
Spoiler
072, 097, 105, 109, 113, 115, 117, 119, 120, 128, 133, 135, 139, 158, 159, 161, 162, 163, 165, 167, 169, 170, 172, 174, 176, 178, 218, 219

and also there's another cat pictured on some boxes but I haven't found a pic or reference to it online, it was called Wizard of Meow or something like that.. I'll see if I can get a pic of it next time I'm out. Very curious as to what's up with that one, it's one thing to include unreleased beans on the checklists but on the boxes too? hmm.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 12:42:14 PM by Carrehz »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2022, 05:59:35 PM »
Haha I love coming to this thread and seeing all the detective work you guys have been doing! :D Thank you for all your hard work! I would never be able to track down all this info from all the different sources and put together one big list. Oh man and this doesn't even cover all the Chonks and Jumbos and Huggers...  :drunk:

I didn't realize there's playsets, too! I went to go do a google search to check them out, so it was kinda helpful that they don't have transparent images on the wiki list, since it helped me identify which ones were playsets lol.

Apparently there's also some beans that you have to buy as a 4-pack? I've seen there's a Smarties 4-pack, a Spooky 4-pack, and a Mermaid 4-pack. Oh, and I was wrong before when I said the Chonk sizes don't come in blind bags, I've seen those on ebay. I keep adding to my knowledge of this franchise as I do more and more research! XD

La Catrina is so beautiful! I have Catalina, who looks very similar but white, so I'll have to get the black version too. They can be twins! What a pretty girl~

Snowball is interesting! I wonder why they did a limited online release, and it's just a blank white cat? Maybe it's just to get the collector community more involved. As we all know, chase figures are always trendy in these types of franchises. I'm just glad she wasn't more pretty, or I'd be bummed about missing out lol.

I'm excited for Tie Dye too! I want him in both bean shape and Chonk shape lol. He's cute!

Still holding out hope that someday we get a Vincent Van Meow in Chonk or bean shape, cuz I don't want to cave and buy the Jumbo one.... lol. Also can't wait for the Monet bean we saw from the Toy Show!

PS: Just as a reminder, I have a TON of the Jumbos at the store where I work. Seriously they're all over the store. If you want me to buy any for your collection just let me know lol.

Post Merge: March 27, 2022, 06:12:15 PM

Oh, this is interesting, found a blog about the Snowball Situation, as she puts it lol. Good read! Seems like the company might be re-releasing Snowball in the future because they didn't anticipate everyone going ga-ga over him and want other collectors to enjoy him too.

The company made a statement that pointed out that the reason they don't have limited distribution of certain characters (i.e. chase figures) is because they want everyone to be able to enjoy CvP collecting.

https://www.crystal-dreams.us/?p=10924&
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 06:12:15 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2022, 03:41:02 PM »
:D Np. I'd been wanting to try and scrape together a complete list anyway. Not sure if I'll be able to help out for the other sizes though, I don't know much about those... I haven't seen them around much, plus I've been trying to avoid them since I don't have space XD Haven't seen any Chonk blind bags before, that's new to me!

I think I saw someone somewhere (maybe on the CvP Reddit?) say the playsets were only sold in the UK? But I don't know if that's true or not. I really want Scoops but it's hard to justify £13 for one kitty, esp. since I'm not that bothered about the playset.

I wonder if they were just trying out the limited release thing, gauging interest etc, and that's why Snowball has such a simple design? I saw that post too, it sorta gives me the impression they didn't realize how popular he was going to be.

BTW speaking of Snowball, it was bugging me not to have a pic of him on the wiki, so I edited a stock photo of him so we can use that for now, I figured it'd be better than nothing. Hopefully if they do re-release him, we'll be able to replace it with a better pic later.

I want a Vincent Van Meow bean too XD I love that one.

I went back to The Entertainer yesterday and took pics of the 6 pack's packaging:

The packaging for these is weird, I don't think any of these characters were actually in the pack, and a lot of them are unreleased... Some interesting stuff going on here. Candi Corn is called "Kandy Korn Kitty" here (maybe they realized what that'd abbreviate to and that's why they changed it?), and the cat-mimic pickle is called Kitty instead of Kat. interesting to see these last-minute name changes.

Sweet n Sour is either another unreleased one or maybe an early version of Lemon Squeezy?? idk, there's others that have similar designs so maybe they just haven't released her yet.

Springy Kitty has a different design here compared to the image on the blue wave checklist (the one I posted two posts up), notably this one has open eyes and the checklist image has closed eyes. Hmm. I wonder which one will actually be released.

Haven't seen Wizard of Paws or Delores anywhere, either. I've tried googling but nothing's coming up for them.. maybe two of the ones that are blanked out on the checklist? I might post this on the subreddit later and see if anyone on there knows anything.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2022, 01:18:41 PM »
The Entertainer has the playsets at half-price (except the big one w/ GPS/Katris/Kat)! Couldn't resist snagging some of them. I hope the other playset goes on sale soon, I'm really tempted by GPS but oof that price...

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2022, 09:30:39 AM »
I went to Target last night because a couple weeks ago I saw a few cats vs pickles floating around the stuffed animal section. Hoping they had time to restock. What did I find last night? Two boxes of c vs p, completely empty. :sad:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2022, 02:57:22 PM »
^ I've seen less and less boxes of the beans lately too :( My Entertainer is completely sold out of them and doesn't seem to be restocking them any time soon.

I found a box of blue wave beans in Claire's yesterday! Definitely gonna be keeping my eye out for more, although EESH I forgot how terrible their prices are... £8 rather than £4/£5 like everywhere else has them at? @__@ It says on their site they have the blind bag figures in stock too, ooooh... Haven't seen those anywhere over here yet.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2022, 05:38:38 AM »
I have a feeling we won't see too many new boxes until the new waves hit in... August, I think it was?

Oh man, but some of the doggie beans have been showing up on ebay. LOOK HOW CUTE!

Although I'm definitely more used to collecting kitty stuff rather than doggy stuff, I am in love with these little doggos. It's the ears! The ears are so cute! Can't wait for them to start showing up in stores.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2022, 08:20:12 AM »
Aw, the ears really do add a lot!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2022, 10:57:16 AM »
So today a customer came up to me and is like "Your computer says you have 27 cats versus pickles in stock, but we can't find them." And I assumed at first she meant the Jumbo, but she brought me over to the computer and showed me, and they were listed for $6 each, so they were definitely the little beans!

I had to apologize to her and say the computer is wrong, we haven't had any of the little beans since Christmas. I told her I collect them too and I would definitely know if we had any. (After I walked away she tried to put a "pick up in store" order  for them despite what I JUST said because customers are dumb but anyway...)

The good news is, I told the store owner that the count was off in the computer and he fixed it and put it at zero, so hopefully they'll send us more soon! No wonder they stopped sending us the little ones, because the computer thought we had like more than two boxes worth that weren't selling... :P

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2022, 11:00:22 AM »
My plan totally worked! With the fixed computer numbers, we got four boxes of Cats Versus Pickles in this week's shipment! The bad news? They are all the same four boxes lol.

But I'm just happy we got them! I already plundered one box and bought my faves XD

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2022, 01:45:38 AM »
How cute! Sadly I don't think they're available here...

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2022, 11:05:33 AM »
Some new kitties were shown in a livestream recently:

https://www.crystal-dreams.us/?p=11368

I love the Vegas one XD Too cute. And the sailor kitty!

There's also more photos of Kittens vs Gherkins, and a new line Bears vs Donuts! I don't care for the donuts, but the bears are cute, much better than the dogs IMO. I'm excited to see better pics of them, I didn't expect another spinoff line this soon after the last two.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2022, 08:11:49 PM »
Oh wow! Those are really cute! And I didn't realize until now that all (or maybe just some?) of the Kittens versus Gerkins are actually baby forms of the adult Cat versus Pickles? That's adorable! XD I normally don't like baby things but I would probably want the baby versions of my favorite Cats, like Skele-cat and Ramen.

The Bears versus Donuts is weird... I too am surprised that they would do another spin off so soon after doing the Dogs versus Squirrls... in fact I haven't even seen the Dogs in stores yet, so maybe the Bears and Dogs are supposed to come out at the same time? Dunno...

All the new cats are lovely, tho! I SEE A POE CAT!! XD I must own him. I love Poe.

Also really love the colors on the betta Cat, and the peacock cat! I have peacock themed decore in my room so of course I need that one! The pastel colors on the snail/catepillar Cat are really attractive, too.

I swore to myself I would never buy a Pickle, only cats, but that cute pickle cuddling the baby kitten is soooooo tempting....

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2022, 01:51:12 AM »
Yesss I love that pickle with the baby kitty too!! I didn't plan on getting any of the pickles but I might not be able to resist that one.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2022, 09:13:44 AM »
I saw a big Starry Night cat at Hobby Lobby.  I didn't see any little ones but since that was the only one they had, maybe they were just sold out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal