collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How does your SO react to your collections?  (Read 4458 times)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Re: How does your SO react to your collections?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2022, 04:24:20 PM »
Indifferent most of the time...but my bosses 12 yr old daughter has been over a lot in the past year. She once said to me  - you are old. why do you like comics, cartoons and toys?  -_-

That's when you look at her with horror in your eyes and say, "Never lose your youth." Hahaha
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline EmeraldEyesPhoenix

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • butts butts butts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2022, 11:02:03 PM »
My partner is very supportive of my various collections and owns a couple of ponies and dolls himself! He doesn't own as much as I do, but he's overall very supportive <3

He's extra supportive if they're seaponies or mermaids though, he loves mermaids and fish.
wacky wahoo pizza

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2022, 12:20:38 AM »
I dion't have an SO, but do have a regular visitor. She's seen my collection & likes it, thinking it should be on show... Aye but not everybody likes multi-coloured animal toys...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline starscout

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2022, 02:15:49 PM »
I don't have a SO, but I do have parents. My dad doesn't really say anything about my herd, but my stepmom likes both my ponies and my Care Bears. She gets excited whenever I receive pony mail, and she's even contributed to my CB collection. She has her own collection of Barbie dolls, so she understands it.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2022, 05:29:24 AM »
I don't have a SO, but I do have parents. My dad doesn't really say anything about my herd, but my stepmom likes both my ponies and my Care Bears. She gets excited whenever I receive pony mail, and she's even contributed to my CB collection. She has her own collection of Barbie dolls, so she understands it.

That's awesome you have a good relationship with your stepmom! I'm a stepmom, and I've definitely bonded with my stepkids over collections. They love my pony collection and grew up playing with them. I started my stepdaughter's American Girl collection, and I still add to it sometimes when I see something for her doll for sale, even though she's in her 20's now. She loves it, and loves going through my AG stuff with me too.

Offline Ponyrama_95

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2022, 07:58:02 AM »
I had a somewhat cruel experience about 10 years ago. I was a teenager, I must have been 16, and I was dating this guy that attended the same school as me. At the time, Facebook was used a lot for chatting as well as sms texting and we often spoke there. one day on facebook I put "like" on the official page of MLP and Barbie and he saw it. I noticed the next day that he had created a post full of insults and humiliations such as: "You're a loser, a poor child, you will die with no one next to you ..." and all such things (even more offensive, but I don't think to be able to write them, I would never want to be banned from the forum). Sometimes people can be very bad. needless to say, I never wanted to deal with him and guys like him again.
Now I am single but I have friends who are aware of the fact that I am a MLP collector, they do not judge me, on the contrary they help me in the search for vintage toys.

Offline Apple Spice

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2022, 03:56:02 PM »
I've been with my SO 21 years in March. He supports me to the fullest. I suffer from PTSD & other things. He knows that they help me through tough times. I'm so glad to have him in my life.

@Ponyrama_95 I'm sorry you had to go through that. :hug: The guy sounds like a total jerk. Glad you have friends that understand, hopefully, one day you'll meet a soulmate. Don't give up, one is out there. :rainbow:

Offline Ponyrama_95

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2022, 09:51:08 AM »
I've been with my SO 21 years in March. He supports me to the fullest. I suffer from PTSD & other things. He knows that they help me through tough times. I'm so glad to have him in my life.

@Ponyrama_95 I'm sorry you had to go through that. :hug: The guy sounds like a total jerk. Glad you have friends that understand, hopefully, one day you'll meet a soulmate. Don't give up, one is out there. :rainbow:

Thank you for your words, Apple Spice 🙏🏼🤗

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2022, 08:29:07 AM »
I had a somewhat cruel experience about 10 years ago. I was a teenager, I must have been 16, and I was dating this guy that attended the same school as me. At the time, Facebook was used a lot for chatting as well as sms texting and we often spoke there. one day on facebook I put "like" on the official page of MLP and Barbie and he saw it. I noticed the next day that he had created a post full of insults and humiliations such as: "You're a loser, a poor child, you will die with no one next to you ..." and all such things (even more offensive, but I don't think to be able to write them, I would never want to be banned from the forum). Sometimes people can be very bad. needless to say, I never wanted to deal with him and guys like him again.
Now I am single but I have friends who are aware of the fact that I am a MLP collector, they do not judge me, on the contrary they help me in the search for vintage toys.

That guy sounds like he had some real problems beyond the scope of a normal human being. He did that because you 'liked' a page on social media? Lots of teenagers liked My Little Pony 10 years ago. I'd be happy to wash my hands of him if he was that psychotic. Sorry that happened to you. :hug:

Offline dragglereeka

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2022, 02:02:39 AM »
My partner has always considered the Ponies another fun interest of mine!
He is a collector himself, mostly Warhammer 40k figures. He was joking about how expensive they were and that "I don't want to know how much he's spending" I reassured him I understand completely, showing some of the rarest in my collection!  :lol:
I love how we are both equally passionate about our fun little hobbies !

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2022, 08:42:59 AM »
In the past I have been pretty open about my collecting on non-Pony forums. I remember encountering one fellow who thought my collection was great, & he collected Transformers!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2022, 06:44:54 PM »
He is indifferent

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2022, 08:46:00 PM »
Single most my life
The people I have in my life love my Pony collection. I hope when I decide to have a man in my life, that he loves the ponies too cause if he don't ill break up with him.
Things my man has to love & share with me
My Christianity
My Family
My Pony Collecting
Rules are rules

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal