collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How does your SO react to your collections?  (Read 4450 times)

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: How does your SO react to your collections?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2021, 09:29:50 AM »
My OH collects stuff to do he doesn’t mind and has been to every pony con with me , I don’t care who knows either if they think it’s stupid it’s their problem they just jealous they don’t have anything to collect

Offline SweetNightmare

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙*uᴥu *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙*
    • View Profile
    • My Carrd.co
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2021, 10:41:29 AM »
My boyfriend is pretty supportive, listens to me when I talk about ponies and got me some ponies that I couldn't easily get myself.
He even said that it's nice that I have some passion like that but he does try and ask me to not spend too much money on them  ^^;
He's also interested in starting his own collections (he wanted to casually collect cards and coins)
**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚visitors can't see pics , please register or login
˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

My Checklist || My Wishlist || My Carrd.co
Signature by  starscout

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2021, 03:55:11 AM »
My husband is pretty supportive, but not really all that interested in it. He listens to me talk about collection stuff, helps me with whatever I need, and often buys me collection pieces(often very nice and expensive items).  However, he’s not exactly excited about ponies, and he’s not a fan of the space issues it causes.  When we bought our house, he gave me the third bedroom for a pony room with the understanding that the ponies stay in there and out of the rest of the house.  It worked well for both of us. I got my pony room to do whatever I want with, and he gets a house free of pastel plastic clutter. 

Offline sundaygirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2021, 12:30:17 PM »
"I feel an urge to run" - An unsuspecting date who got invited to Sundaygirls apartment. It was said jokingly but he was a bit shocked facing my collection.

"If you ever find a pony you don't already have, I want you to know I'm COMPLETELY fine with you buying it". - Ex boyfriend. You mean like a couple of ponies every month, right? And do you honestly think I have almost all the ponies in the world? And by the way, who asked for your permission?

"Is that all you got?" - sundaygirls SO the first time he saw the collection. Yep, he is the one.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2021, 07:38:45 AM »
Oh, my husband and I are grudgingly accepting of each other's hobbies and collections because it buys us each the right to collect without complaint on the other's part. I'm sure he thinks my stuff is stupid, and I think his is uninteresting, but there is this tacit agreement never to mention how much it annoys us because the arguement could just be thrown back in the other's face.

I collect ponies and American Girl stuff. He thinks they are a little creepy because they have faces that look at him. I don't display the dolls, but they take up a lot of space. The only time he gets irritable is when stuff starts overflowing and looking messy. Ponies took over the bathroom linen closet before I finally packed them up. The space on my side of the bed (unfortunately in front of the closet, which is 75% his) gets pretty bad. When he started to say something about it, I pointed out that not one single square inch of this house is mine and mine alone, and that I can't park in our 3-car garage  because his 1950's Packard and all his tools and guns take up all the space. The answer was pretty much, 'touchè'.

Basically, we just need a house with a more efficient use of space.

He has said that he is glad I have interests, and is supportive of them in some ways. I think he's more interested in and supportive of my hobby of customizing than he is of my collecting (aka: acquiring more stuff that takes up space); he seems genuinely intrigued when I show him something I made, and once he even found a custom of a fall-colored Gusty he saw online and sent it to me. Unfortunately, after a recent surgery, customization is out of the question for me for a while, as I don't have the full use of my arm yet. So he offered to give me $200 to spend at the American Girl benefit sale, saying that it 'gives me something to do and be excited about.'

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2021, 08:23:05 PM »
1) My collections are no secret. If you know me, you know of at least one of them.
2) My husband started dating me after knowing about the collections and seeing them in person. He knew what he was getting in to.
3) Both of us have massive collections of various things. This does become a slight dynamic in the house/houses we have lived in over the years but just have to figure out where all the stuff goes.

Now, from a work point of view, it is not a secret that I collect things but I do tend to use the term "memorabilia" and "collection" vs "toys".

Offline Cin77

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2021, 11:02:50 PM »
My husband is very supportive.  He collects Transformers and I was a little jealous that he always got new releases and the dolls I collected were pretty much done (Jem, except for Integrity Dolls but I'll never own any of them... way too pricey) so I started to re-collect My little ponies so I could keep up with him
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2021, 11:15:48 AM »
<-<

That is pretty much it haha!

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2021, 12:14:19 AM »
He thinks it's fine, probably because if I have my own wierd collection then he can buy shooting gear. He bought me Cha Cha Llama for Christmas last year.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2021, 03:02:05 PM »
My husband does not mind my collection at all. At first he thought it was a bit weird. But now when we go to the store he asks me if I want to go and look at the ponies. I think that it's cute! :)

Offline toyjunky

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2021, 10:14:31 PM »
My husband is very supportive.  He collects Transformers and I was a little jealous that he always got new releases and the dolls I collected were pretty much done (Jem, except for Integrity Dolls but I'll never own any of them... way too pricey) so I started to re-collect My little ponies so I could keep up with him

THIS! Exactly this! There have been sooo many retro Transformers releases in the last 2 years. OMG Hasbro! The war for the office space is at full battle mode and I am loosing ground every month.

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2021, 05:08:15 PM »
I don't currently have a significant other and am not looking forward to this when I do get one. Unless they're already into ponies, but what are the chances of that happening?  :lol:

I suppose the fact that my parents are accepting should give me the courage.

|My Collection|

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2022, 04:07:48 PM »
My S/O doesn't mind my collections. They collect Lord of the Rings, Pokemon, Nintendo, and artwork. It brings us joy and life is too short to not surround yourself with the things that bring you joy.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2022, 08:46:09 PM »
My special somepony is more a minimalist, except when it comes to buying video games and gaming devices, but he supports my collecting and listens to my rants about ones I want or got. He says he likes seeing me have a passion for something, and he's a My Little Pony fan himself. He never has a clue about what I have or not, though, so he doesn't buy me any in case of doubles.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2022, 06:49:22 PM »
Indifferent most of the time...but my bosses 12 yr old daughter has been over a lot in the past year. She once said to me  - you are old. why do you like comics, cartoons and toys?  -_-
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 06:51:11 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal