Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Who do you think are easier to find?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Leave a Whisper:
Early to mid are easier.

ponyprincess2021:
Earlier the latest g1 ponies I’ve gotten were older. But it could also depend on how rare or how wanted that pony is. I usually find a lot of collectors ponies or ponies like posey or fire fly a lot or flutter ponies are another common find.

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42:
Absolutely the earlier ones. Almost every time I find G1s in the wild they're from the first few years of the line. I think perhaps earlier in G1 ponies got produced in higher numbers, and production numbers must have lowered later in the line. It's so much harder to find ones from mid and especially late G1 compared to early. And I think this also gets reflected in prices nowadays as well. Early G1s go for less than later ones because they're significantly more common.

It's a shame because most of my favorite G1s are mid and late ones. I really think the line kept improving as it went on, designs became so much more interesting IMO.

Taffeta:
I think it's also maybe because there are more ponies available in later years; there are far more sets on release each year, meaning children would be picking between characters more often.

Bekuno:
Definitely earlier ponies, if I can even find them anymore. Anytime I'm thrifting these days it's all G4...

I think latest released G1 I've found from thrifting was Caramel Crunch from y7 (1989)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version