collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who are your favorite Twinkle Eye ponies? Choose 6!

Gingerbread
20 (9.8%)
Sweet Stuff
14 (6.8%)
Sky Rocket
4 (2%)
Masquerade
15 (7.3%)
Whizzer
10 (4.9%)
Sweet Pop
11 (5.4%)
Fizzy
27 (13.2%)
Galaxy
21 (10.2%)
Speedy
5 (2.4%)
Party Time
1 (0.5%)
Quackers
14 (6.8%)
Tic Tac Toe
18 (8.8%)
Bright Eyes
13 (6.3%)
Mimic
19 (9.3%)
Locket
13 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: October 16, 2021, 10:38:35 PM

Author Topic: My six favorite Twinkle Eye ponies  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: My six favorite Twinkle Eye ponies
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2021, 01:16:57 AM »

Well,  once the Basic Funs hit stores we get pristine TEs!  :happy: :lovey:

:frolic: :frolic: :frolic: Yes! I'm so excited about that!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ponyprincess2021

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 11:25:47 AM »
I’m not going to to put this in order but here are my six favorites.
1. Masquerade. I had to put her on this list because she was my first twinkle eyed pony. Also she kind of reminds me of mimic.
2. Galaxy. I really like the pink and red colors together.
3. Locket. For some reason she’s always reminded me of a more pastel galaxy. Her colors make her look magical and candy like. She also reminds me of rapunzel a bit too.
4. Gingerbread. She has a very unique color palette which made me pick her. She kind of stands out from other ponies.
5. Sweet pop.
6. Bright eyes.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2021, 05:51:22 AM »
I missed the actual voting, but I'll put up my favorite 6. It was hard to choose, because I probably have more like a top 12. I just love their color combinations!
Bright Eyes
Masquerade
Mimic
Tac Tac Toe
Fizzy
Quackers

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2021, 12:18:53 PM »

Quackers Pretty colors, cute pose and I love, love that Duck symbol.  I also have her baby so mommy would be nice too.

Mimic I love her pose, colors, symbol and her name.   

Tic Tac Toe Pretty colors, nice symbol and great pose

Masquerade I'm not too into her pose but her symbol and colors are pretty.

Fizzy  Lovely colors, pretty pose and her symbol is cute.

Speedy I like her pose and colors but I'm not into her symbol.  She's still absolutely adorable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline sweetstuff85

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2021, 12:43:07 AM »
I think Twinkle Eyed ponies are probably my favourite type of MLP.

I have lots of nostalgia for Sweetstuff, Tic Tac Toe and Whizzer, since I had them as a kid, but I think top six favourites are:

1.Tic Tac Toe
2. Sweetstuff
3. Bright Eyes
4. Mimic
5. Masquerade
6. Galaxy

Online FernMariposa919

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2021, 03:12:56 PM »
Thank you to everyone who participated in the poll! It looks like a lot of you love Twinkle Eyes as much as I do! Here is an unofficial ranking of the Twinkle Eyes according to the poll:

1. Fizzy
2. Galaxy
3. Gingerbread
4. Mimic
5. Tic Tac Toe
6. Masquerade
7. Quackers
8. Sweet Stuff
9. Bright Eyes
10. Locket
11. Sweet Pop
12. Whizzer
13. Speedy
14. Sky Rocket
15. Party Time

A few observations:
-It doesn’t surprise me that Party Time and Sky Rocket are at the bottom. They never seem to be in contention when people talk about their favorite Twinkle Eyes. And as much as I love the Pony Party Gift Pack and all its amazing accessories, none of the ponies in it are among my favorites (sorry, Party Time!) I gave my top ten TEs, but if I were to finish the list, it would probably look like this:

11.  Sweet Pop
12. Bright Eyes
13. Locket
14. Party Time
15. Sky Rocket

I actually really do like Sweet Pop, Bright Eyes, and Locket, but unfortunately I just like my top ten a little better than them. Party Time and Sky Rocket, I can take them or leave them .

-I figured Fizzy would be #1, but I am pleasantly surprised to see Galaxy at #2. I thought she would be in the top half, but didn’t know she would make #2. I like that my top two are the same as the poll’s. I also love that Tic Tac Toe, another one of my childhood TEs made it to the top 5.

Actually Locket and Speedy are also unique but I'm not as big a fan of Locket's colours or pose and not a huge fan of the artwork on Speedy. My roller skates were way cooler than that!

I'm fine with Locket's colors, but I'm not crazy about the orange in her hair. Orange clashes with pink. Now I don't own Locket, so maybe if I saw her in real life, I would change my mind. I do think she is a very pretty pony, otherwise.

Ha, yes, Speedy's skates could look a little better, but I still love that a pony has roller skates for a symbol. The Great Skates ensemble would be the perfect Pony Wear for her!

BTW, I love your photo of Tic Tac Toe, Sweet Pop, and Galaxy. Your Tic Tac Toe looks so much better than mine! 

Why you gotta ask such hard questions?

Ha! Believe me, this was difficult for me too! That's why I let you guys choose six favorite Twinkle Eyes instead of just one!

:wonder: Hard question but here are the ones I love the most:
Fizzy (My first Twinkle Eye pony)
Galaxy (She is in my avatar  :heart:)
Gingerbread
Quackers
Whizzer
Masquerade

I love your Galaxy avatar! Our lists are almost exactly the same, except I have Tic Toe Toe instead of Whizzer. You have great tastes in Twinkle Eye ponies  ;)

This is a difficult question! Bear in mind I haven't seen most of these ponies in person. At least for me it's often much easier to fall in love with ponies once I've actually held them in my hands!

Yes, this is true for me too. Seeing a pony in person can be very different than seeing them online or in a photo. Alas, I haven't seen too many TEs in real life. I only owned four of them (sadly) and I don't remember any of my friends ever having any.

I really like Mimic, and that has nothing to do with her rarity, I think the weird green body colour is awesome and look great paired with the bright red in her symbol and mane. Her pose is fun too. Too bad I'll probably never be able to afford her, especially if prices keep climbing up like they have..

Oh, I totally agree about the bright red in her symbol and mane and tail. It really pops.

2. Galaxy. I really like the pink and red colors together.

You would think the pink and red wouldn't work together, but somehow they do Of course, I may be a little biased since Galaxy is a childhood pony of mine and I think she's great  ;)

4. Gingerbread. She has a very unique color palette which made me pick her. She kind of stands out from other ponies.

I think many of the TEs have amazing color palettes, but Gingerbread is among my favorites. Her colors are so gorgeous! 

Here is a photo from my 7th birthday where three out of four of my Twinkle Eyes are featured (plus one on my cake!):

« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 04:38:56 PM by FernMariposa919 »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2021, 12:15:42 PM »
Aww! I love that picture! You were a lucky kiddo.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online FernMariposa919

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2021, 07:48:41 PM »
Aww! I love that picture! You were a lucky kiddo.

:biggrin: Thanks! I really was because that was the year I got Scoops and her ice cream shoppe! :biggrin:

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2021, 11:01:01 PM »
That is such a great picture! I love the Fizzy cake!

Here are my six favorite Twinkle Eyes:
1. Fizzy
2. Galaxy
3. Tic Tac Toe
4. Mimic
5. Sweet Pop
6. Speedy

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2021, 08:47:20 PM »
Now this is my topic! TE ponies are my favorite due to the lore around them and they're the only set I want to 100% complete (besides the first set of the princess ponies)

1. Mimic Of course she'd be my favorite, haha. She's the pony that got me into MLP due to being a "childhood" pony of sorts. I never had her in the flesh (or plastic?), but she was the star of one of the episodes on my MLP DVD I had. I've always loved Mimic's specific lore about being a descendent of the first unicorn. Ever since I was little I've always wanted her, heck, I didn't even think she existed for years! Of course, it would be my luck that the one pony I must absolutely have is highly sought after  >_< To throw insult to injury she also is in my favorite pose of all time.  :cry: I'll have a Mimic one day, even if I somehow stop loving ponies forever I will NEVER stop my quest for Mimic!!!

2. Locket From the second I saw Locket while researching TE ponies I knew I wanted her. She's named after one of my favorite types of jewelry! Plus her color scheme is gorgeous and she's a pegasus (my favorite pony type)! I remember I let a near mint Locket slip away for $25 a couple years ago and I've never forgiven myself. I feel like she's just an underrated pony and generally looked over as "just another pink pony", and maybe she is for some people. But for me, Locket is very important to me. I've almost grown a weird bond with her over the years, much like with Mimic.

3. Quackers Originally I never thought much of Quackers. I mean, of course I thought she was gorgeous but white ponies just aren't my thing. The prone-to-turning-yellow gimmick just frustrates me. However, I actually have a hard time actually finding a yellowed one. IDK what they did with her plastic, but it must've been at least someone different because I think I've only ever seen one or two yellowed Quackers? (very very very very barely yellow BTW). I love her hair colors and how they're rainbow but not quite. The specific Quackers used for her ID photo on mylittlewiki is what I strive for mine to look like one day when I get her. I also love her symbol and her whole theme. A very unique pony!

4. Whizzer Okay so Whizzer's mane is actually made up of my 3 favorite colors (indigo/purple, blue, and green!) I also love her unique gem color. Whizzer has been another pony I've loved since my original introduction to the TE ponies. She's been bumped down a few pegs over the years but overall she's still one of my favorites; mostly due to her color scheme. Of course her symbol is super unique as well!

5. Bright Eyes I'm just a sucker for year 5 TE ponies aren't I? I tend to like weird ponies, no matter if it's just a weird color, weird theme, or weird gimmick (I mean, that one mommy pony who shoots out the two baby ponies is one of my grails) I just love weird ponies. Something unique to set them apart! Bright Eyes is so cool to me because her theme makes absolutely no sense to me. Her name is Bright Eyes but her symbol is clock? What? It's really amusing to me. I also love the contrast of her hair colors versus her body. The soft baby blue with the bold reds, coppers, golds, and whites? Amazing! Overall a well designed pony and a recent fav of mine. I also just love her pose, probably my favorite earth pony pose.

6. Galaxy If you asked me a couple years ago, Fizzy probably would've beat Galaxy, however Fizzy leaves a sour taste in my mouth from her recent price hike I've seen everywhere. Plus I've already got one green unicorn on here  :P But on a serious note, I've always had Fizzy and Galaxy on a tie in my head. They've always been inseparable besties in my head with Fizzy being the more fun-loving one and Galaxy being the more sensible, smart one. (IDK if they're actually like it but it's always how they've been in my head) I love Galaxy's color scheme, she's almost like a firework in a way. I just wish her eye-color was something else to pop a bit more. I also am not a huge fan of her body color as it often discolor in my experience, but that's not her fault!

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Online FernMariposa919

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2021, 10:54:54 PM »

5. Bright Eyes I'm just a sucker for year 5 TE ponies aren't I? I tend to like weird ponies, no matter if it's just a weird color, weird theme, or weird gimmick (I mean, that one mommy pony who shoots out the two baby ponies is one of my grails) I just love weird ponies. Something unique to set them apart! Bright Eyes is so cool to me because her theme makes absolutely no sense to me. Her name is Bright Eyes but her symbol is clock? What? It's really amusing to me. I also love the contrast of her hair colors versus her body. The soft baby blue with the bold reds, coppers, golds, and whites? Amazing! Overall a well designed pony and a recent fav of mine. I also just love her pose, probably my favorite earth pony pose.

My guess is that the alarm clock symbol is to symbolize she's ready to rise and shine in the morning with "bright eyes". I didn't have Bright Eyes in my top 6 (er, or in my top 10), but I've really come around to her the more I look at pics of her. She really is quite a beautiful pony. But all the twinkle eyes are so pretty...their color combinations are just the best!

Offline honor_h

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2021, 09:30:32 AM »
Masquerade and Whizzer are my two childhood TE ponies and I think I got the two best ones. I love the colours in the manes, but I'm not keen on Whizzer's pose. Good ponies to just stare at.

Sky Rocket. I was browsing on the net and I was struck my the colours of her mane. Clearly I'm in a minority, but not one I get. Does she look less impressive in reality?

Tic Tac Toe. Similar-ish to Masquerade. I like a strong yellow body. Like the noughts and crosses symbol and different eye colour.

Bright Eyes: Love her mane and the body colour combo.

Mimic. Nice colours and pose. I don't like her enough to pay the prices and it's not hurting me to know I can't have her so maybe I don't like her that much(!).

Lovely Whizzer sig by Starscout
Fabulous avatar by Trinity

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2021, 09:32:39 PM »

My guess is that the alarm clock symbol is to symbolize she's ready to rise and shine in the morning with "bright eyes". I didn't have Bright Eyes in my top 6 (er, or in my top 10), but I've really come around to her the more I look at pics of her. She really is quite a beautiful pony. But all the twinkle eyes are so pretty...their color combinations are just the best!

Ahhh that makes more sense. In that case, her color scheme also looks the sky in the morning when the sun is rising? Maybe a bit of a stretch but if it was intentional just another reason to love her and TE as a whole even more   :lovey:

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal