collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who are your favorite Twinkle Eye ponies? Choose 6!

Gingerbread
20 (9.8%)
Sweet Stuff
14 (6.8%)
Sky Rocket
4 (2%)
Masquerade
15 (7.3%)
Whizzer
10 (4.9%)
Sweet Pop
11 (5.4%)
Fizzy
27 (13.2%)
Galaxy
21 (10.2%)
Speedy
5 (2.4%)
Party Time
1 (0.5%)
Quackers
14 (6.8%)
Tic Tac Toe
18 (8.8%)
Bright Eyes
13 (6.3%)
Mimic
19 (9.3%)
Locket
13 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: October 16, 2021, 10:38:35 PM

Author Topic: My six favorite Twinkle Eye ponies  (Read 2382 times)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
My six favorite Twinkle Eye ponies
« on: October 13, 2021, 10:38:35 PM »
Twinkle Eyes are among my favorite ponies. I was just going to do my five favorite TEs, but decided to do six because, well, why not?

One of the things I love about Twinkle Eye ponies is how well their multi-colored manes and tails compliment their body colors. They are the first ponies to have more than two colors in their mane and tail since the Rainbow Ponies. However, what makes them different than the Rainbow ponies (and more interesting, IMO) is that while the Rainbow ponies all have the same colors in their mane and tails, the Twinkle Eyes are the first ponies to have their own individual mane and tail multicolors.As much as I love Rainbow ponies and think they’re great, they are kind of same-y with their hair colors. I love that the Twinkle Eye ponies each have their own individual look and the multi-colors in their mane and tail coordinate with their body color.

There are 15 Twinkle Eye ponies altogether, so here are my SIX favorites out of those fifteen, plus I did four “honorable mentions” (so basically the rest that would make up my top ten !)

I also made a poll for everyone to pick their six favorite Twinkle Eyes! I am excited to see the results!

1. Fizzy - Fizzy is not only my favorite Twinkle Eye pony, but she’s my favorite pony altogether. I got her (along with SS Surprise) for my sixth birthday. (I don’t actually remember this, but there is photographic proof of me holding both those ponies on my sixth birthday). I also had Fizzy on my cake the next year and in this current day and age, I own a clock with Fizzy that has the Dream Castle in the background (I love it so much!) Of course, I still have my original Fizzy. She’s a little worn down, but it just shows how much I loved her, right? Green ponies seem to be rare and I love the shade of green they’ve made her - kind of a turquoise color. I noticed she’s more green on the backcard artwork. Her pink, white, dark pink, and green hair coordinate extremely well and her symbol is a bunch of ice cream sodas! Who wouldn’t like that? Also, her name is super fun.

2. Galaxy - Galaxy was also a childhood pony of mine, so I can’t not put her on this list. I don’t remember if I got her as a present or if I picked her out myself. Astrological/celestial symbols are my favorite symbols on a pony so Galaxy with her Big Dipper constellation symbol is no exception. Her shade of pink reminds me of the color the sky is when the sun is setting; that time you would call dusk. The strip of white in her mane and tail among the red, pink, and orange really pops. I bet the Pony Costume Wear “Galaxy Glamour” was made with her in mind! In my childhood herd, Fizzy and Galaxy were best friends! But of course!

3. Masquerade - Masquerade is a fun pony. When I did my “research” on yellow ponies, I mentioned that yellow ponies with green hair is one of my favorite color combinations and Masquerade may be my favorite pony with this color combo. Her different shades of green (plus blue) in her mane and tail coordinate very well and give an a pleasing aesthetic look. I love her green gem eyes. Masquerade has a fun name - whenever I say it, I think of that song from Phantom of the Opera. Her symbols of masquerade masks are unique and fun, something different. Actually, a lot of the Twinkle Eye pony symbols are really fun and interesting; you can tell the Hasbro people (or whoever comes up with the pony designs) had a lot of fun with the designs and symbols of the Twinkle Eyes. You get a lot of variety and it’s not all dessert designs ala the Sundae Best ponies or all hair and beauty products ala the Perfume Puff or Brush and Grow ponies (and I realize those are all supposed to have a similar theme), so I really like the symbols of the Twinkle Eyes.

Just a sidenote: the Argentinian Masquerade looks so different! For one things, she’s doesn’t even have gem eyes. She’s pink with rainbow hair and in the Firefly pose. And speaking of different Masquerades, I’m sure you all know that there’s a prototype of her in the Whizzer pose, which is super weird to see since I’m so used to seeing her in Lofty pose. Even on the backcard, I noticed Masquerader is drawn in the Whizzer pose and Whizzer is drawn in the Lofty pose. Hmm… Though, I also notice that Sky Rocket, Speedy, and Sweet Pop are missing from the back card, anyone know why that is?

4. Gingerbread - White is probably my favorite color for a pony as I think any mane and tail color look good with it. Of course, we all know Gingerbread is prone to not stay her pristine white, but I still think she’s great nonetheless. Honestly, it kind of shocked me when I saw a photo of the Basic Fun Gingerbread…she was so brightly white! It almost didn’t look like her! I really love the colors in her hair. The blue, purple, light pink, and lavender go really well with her white (or off white!) body. Her blue gingerbread men cookie symbols are also really cute. No offense to Molasses, but give me Gingerbread any day!

I mentioned how the Argentinian Masquerade was different from the original, but I think Argentinian Gingerbread may even more different than original Gingerbread. At least Argentinian Masquerade is still a pegasus! Argentinian Gingerbread is a white unicorn in the Glory pose. She does not have gem eyes and she has three green gingerbread men cookies with red buttons, so they are cute in their own way and have a Christmas-y feel to them. There seems to be a few  variations of this Gingerbread: one with green hair, one with pink hair, and one with rainbow hair.

5. Tic Tac Toe - Tic Tac Toe was a childhood pony of mine. I don’t remember if I bought her or got her as a present. I kind of have a vague memory of being at Toys R Us and seeing her, but I don’t know if I got her that day or told my mom I liked her and received her as a gift later. Sometimes I wish I had kept a record of how I obtained all my ponies (I only remember a few!), but I was too young to even think about doing that and didn’t realize I would appreciate that in my older years. Oh, well! Tic Tac Toe is another Twinkle Eye with a fun symbol; fun being the operative word since she literally has a game as a symbol!

6. Quackers - I’ve really come to love Quackers. How can you not love a pony named Quackers? I mean, really? And how can you not love a pony that has a  symbol of a duck carrying an umbrella? This may be a hot take, but I think Quackers has the best symbol that is an animal….though I could be missing a really obvious awesome one! Like I mentioned before, I love white ponies and Quackers looks so pretty with her blue, green, yellow, and pink hair against her snow white body. Her colors are amazing! I can’t stand it! The pose Quackers is in is just so perfectly Quackers.  It’s a little bit quirky, it has some swagger, I can see why the pose was named after her. I kind of feel like she's the only pony that can get away with that pose!

So those are my six favorite Twinkle Eye ponies. I will now give honorable mentions to four TEs, making my top ten list complete!

Honorable mention #1: Mimic - I really do like Mimic. I think she is a beautiful color and I love how well her mane and tail colors contrasts with her greenish-yellow body. And her parrot symbol is so cute! She’s also in a pose I love. I always thought Mimic could have been a Tropical pony; she would just need a more island-y name like Maui Wowie or Island Bird or something like that.

Now of course we all know the lore behind Mimic. And I have to wonder how much truth there is to Mimic being this super rare pony. Can this even be proven? As much as I do love Mimic and think she is a beautiful pony, I could never justify paying $900 for her (which is one of the higher prices she’s going for on Ebay!) or even $333, the lowest price she’s going for on Ebay! At this moment, it looks like there are 8 Mimics on Ebay, so is she really that rare? Would people really be selling her if she was that rare? I don’t know, I sure wouldn’t! So because of all this, this is why Mimic didn’t make my main list and is only here as an honorable mention.

Honorable Mention #2: Whizzer - So, not so crazy about Whizzer’s name as it makes me think of, well, uh, somebody taking a whiz. I mean, I get what they were going for, but yeah, I guess I’m twelve, so I think of something completely different! Maybe Propeller would have been a better name? IDK! I do love her propeller beanie symbols; again the Twinkle Eye symbols are just so much fun! And I love Whizzer’s mane and tail colors! The purple, blue, and green just look so pretty on her!

Honorable mention #3: Sweet Stuff - She has gumdrop symbols! What’s not to like? (Although I’m not particularly fond of gumdrops!)  To tell you the truth, I’m kind of surprised she just wasn’t named Gumdrop! I think she’s a very pretty pony and again, I know I sound like a broken record by now, but I love her colors and her purple, pink, and white hair contrast nicely with the shade of blue she is.

Honorable mention #4: Speedy - It makes me laugh that a pony with roller skates (LOVE, by the way!) for symbols is named Speedy because I don’t necessarily equate skates with speed. I mean, I guess they can make you faster. I always thought Speedy was in the animated series because there was a fast-talking pony, but I learned (from this forum!) that it was actually Whizzer. I’m not the biggest fan or orange ponies, but I like Speedy’s hair colors (blue, white, yellow, and purple) with her orange.

Okay, there you have it! My favorite Twinkle Eyes. Can't wait to see who yours all are!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: My six favorite Twinkle Eye ponies
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 12:21:05 AM »
I voted Gingerbread, Sky Rocket, Masquerade, Galaxy, Sweet Pop and Tic Tac Toe. All of them have amazing colour combinations and Masquerade's accessory-related symbol is unique.

Actually Locket and Speedy are also unique but I'm not as big a fan of Locket's colours or pose and not a huge fan of the artwork on Speedy. My roller skates were way cooler than that!

I actually had a clear-out of TEs a couple of years ago and these are the ones I kept:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Masquerade and Gingerbread regularly have plastic issues and I have never been able to find Sky Rocket in decent condition otherwise I'd get her.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 12:24:35 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 04:18:30 AM »
Gingerbread, Sweet Stuff, Masquerade, Whizzer, Fizzy and Galaxy, in no particular order.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 07:13:38 AM »
I only have a few twinkle eyes.  My favorite is Locket. :lovey:  :lovey:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 07:35:20 AM »
Why you gotta ask such hard questions?

Fizzy
Masquerade
Sweet Pop
Whizzer
Speedy
Tic-tac-toe
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 07:40:08 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 09:50:10 AM »
Why you gotta ask such hard questions?

Fizzy
Masquerade
Sweet Pop
Whizzer
Speedy
Tic-tac-toe

My list is the same except swap Sweet Stuff for Sweet Pop! 
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 10:57:36 AM »
This was massively hard as I have so many TEs I love, it's a favourite set of mine. I'm also not sure I can put them in order, but the six I eventually chose were Masquerade (my childhood pony), Fizzy (my sister's), Galaxy (one of my childhood favourites), Tic Tac Toe (an absolute essential and a pony I inherited from my friend), Mimic (my first trade pony) and...the last one was really difficult but I chose Bright Eyes because she has an interesting colour scheme.

Locket (another friend's childhood pony) and Whizzer (another childhood favourite) were not far behind though.

I also like Sweet Pop for her colours but the connection to her is a bit less...

They're an amazing set though :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 12:28:16 PM »
Mine are Galaxy, Fizzy, Gingerbread, Sweet Stuff, Mimic, and Masquerade. Fizzy was a childhood fave, but Galaxy currently takes my number one spot here. Pink is my favorite color and unicorns are my favorite ponies, so she's perfectly up my alley.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 01:11:49 PM »
I picked Galaxy & Whizzer because I used to have both, Gingerbread for her colouring, Quackers for her rainbow colouring, Sweet Pop because she's my fave out of the ones the UK didn't have, & Locket because of her colouring & pose.

Speedy & Party Time get honourable mentions for their bright colours
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 02:27:49 PM »
 :wonder: Hard question but here are the ones I love the most:
Fizzy (My first Twinkle Eye pony)
Galaxy (She is in my avatar  :heart:)
Gingerbread
Quackers
Whizzer
Masquerade

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2021, 03:37:39 PM »
I voted Gingerbread, Sky Rocket, Masquerade, Galaxy, Sweet Pop and Tic Tac Toe. All of them have amazing colour combinations and Masquerade's accessory-related symbol is unique.

Actually Locket and Speedy are also unique but I'm not as big a fan of Locket's colours or pose and not a huge fan of the artwork on Speedy. My roller skates were way cooler than that!

I actually had a clear-out of TEs a couple of years ago and these are the ones I kept:

Masquerade and Gingerbread regularly have plastic issues and I have never been able to find Sky Rocket in decent condition otherwise I'd get her.

Well,  once the Basic Funs hit stores we get pristine TEs!  :happy: :lovey:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 03:40:30 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2021, 06:24:05 AM »
This is a difficult question! Bear in mind I haven't seen most of these ponies in person. At least for me it's often much easier to fall in love with ponies once I've actually held them in my hands! I only have Fizzy in my collection, and some of the others I've seen but they've mostly been in baity condition.

That said, my choice of six would be (listed in alphabetical order)
Fizzy
Galaxy
Locket
Masquerade
Mimic
Tic-Tac-Toe

Although after seeing the photo by Artemesia's Garden I wonder if I should've included Sweet Pop! :biggrin:

Fizzy is a childhood favourite and that's why I have her but not any of the others. I guess I would like to collect the rest eventually, but the TEs haven't been a high priority for me. Fizzy is still probably my favourite out of the bunch. As for the rest, I'm generally attracted to bright-coloured ponies, especially yellow and green! Hence Masquerade and Tic-Tac-Toe. I really like Mimic, and that has nothing to do with her rarity, I think the weird green body colour is awesome and look great paired with the bright red in her symbol and mane. Her pose is fun too. Too bad I'll probably never be able to afford her, especially if prices keep climbing up like they have... I also have two pink ponies on my list, Galaxy and Locket. I picked Galaxy for her pose and the elegant monochromatic colour scheme. Locket is also elegant, and I used to love the pose so I kind of picked her out of habit. Maybe I could've picked Sweet Pop instead of Locket now that I think of it. :P

Bright Eyes gets an honorary mention due to her fun colours!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2021, 04:27:31 PM »
Considering all her pink, I've always thought Locket's hair looks like ice cream somehow...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2021, 05:13:20 PM »
Considering all her pink, I've always thought Locket's hair looks like ice cream somehow...

Totally does. Like sherbert.

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2021, 11:04:12 PM »
Fizzy, Speedy, Mimic, Tic tac toe, bright eyes, gingerbread!
All in that order. I got Speedy in great condition by a guy I adored... Fizzy is just Gorgeous!

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal