collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hair Troubles  (Read 448 times)

Offline PrincessRoyalBlue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Hair Troubles
« on: September 21, 2021, 01:56:38 PM »
Hi! I need help. I recently got a G1 Twilight with a rust issue. I've never actually had a pony with rust issues before, but I did eventually manage to get her body/head cleaned out. (Also, is it normal to have particles that feel like salt/sugar inside the pony? What are they, is it rust? I didn't think it was rust, but what do I know, I'm inexperienced.  ^^; ) Still, there are rust stains in her tail and her hair has a strange texture. Compared to other G1 ponies, her hair is weirdly stiff, though it is brushable. I've already washed her hair with shampoo and conditioner. Should I do it again? What should I do? Please help!!!
-PrincessRoyalBlue-
May the spirit of G1 be with you!

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: Hair Troubles
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 02:02:15 PM »
To get rust stains out of hair, I use extra strong whitening toothpaste and a soft toothbrush. It can leave the hair with a bit of an odd texture if you use that, but I find it tends to wash out easily.

Maybe try using heat to help with the hair texture? Either a straightener or boiling? Someone else would probably know more about that than me
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 02:44:35 PM »
I've used CLR to get rust out of hair with no apparent ill-effect.  Not sure if it is available where you live.  It's to remove calcium lime or rust, you can get it in the cleaning department of a grocery or hardware or department store.

As for the texture, I have no idea what is going on there.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline PrincessRoyalBlue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 07:53:40 AM »
To get rust stains out of hair, I use extra strong whitening toothpaste and a soft toothbrush. It can leave the hair with a bit of an odd texture if you use that, but I find it tends to wash out easily.
Honestly, I don't think the texture can get much worse than it already is.

I tried washing it again, with extra conditioner. It's definitely softer, but has the same texture? I don't know anymore. I think the hair's broken. :what:
-PrincessRoyalBlue-
May the spirit of G1 be with you!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 10:17:24 AM »
I do find sometimes that the hair is a bit stiff on the G1 ponies even compared among each other. Would you be able to post a picture?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 10:53:00 AM »
If you apply heat it might help. Nylon is plastic and maybe it's already heat damaged? So you might be able to un-damage it with heat too. The best would be a flat iron. Cover the hair in conditioner and run the iron along the hair quickly (so you don't melt it). If you don't have a flat iron, boiling water is the next best option. Instead of dunking the hair in boiling water, pour the water over the hair. I find you get better results that way for straightening or curling. Let it air dry and then brush it out.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal