collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you have one? Do you use it?

Yes, I have one and use it.
11 (28.2%)
Yes, but I don't use it.
12 (30.8%)
I have a safer alternative.
4 (10.3%)
No, I don't have one.
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Do you have a fireplace?  (Read 3322 times)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a fireplace?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2021, 01:11:59 PM »
Every apartment I ever rented had a fireplace and now my house does too.  But, I don't choose them because they have a fireplace and we never use them.  In fact, our TV is right in front of ours.  It almost never gets that cold and when it does, I'm not sure it's safe.  :blink:

I don't know why our city is so big on fireplaces when it rarely gets cold.  I think it's just a selling point and cheap to build because of lower standards.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2021, 06:56:38 AM »
Fireplaces are marketed as a luxury, so realtors love them.

When I lived in the Midwest US, almost no one had a fireplace. Bizarrely, we had a fireplace but instead of a place to build a fire, there was a grate that led straight to the central heating system, and hot air would blow out of it!

Fireplaces are practically a given on the West Coast, though, which has a milder climate. I don't know if climate is a factor though. Maybe its a culture thing?

Offline Duality

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2021, 07:28:56 AM »
We have a fireplace but don't use it, it gets really hot here most the time (especially summer) and oddly enough you could really feel the heat coming out of the fireplace just from it being there, so we covered it with a piece wood and painted it so now it's just kind of a mantel. Our past house from the 70's had a really nice brick fireplace, but we never used it.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2021, 10:45:26 PM »
I’ve always wanted a fireplace, even thought it’s really never cold enough here to use one! :lol: They just seem so cozy! I probably have a safer alternative though, it’s one of those tv stands with the electric fireplace built in. It’s a space heater, so it throws out heat at least, and if I want to complete the effect I can always use one of those wood wick candles for the crackle effect. It’s still pretty great even if it’s not the real deal!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2021, 10:16:39 PM »
Every apartment I ever rented had a fireplace and now my house does too.  But, I don't choose them because they have a fireplace and we never use them.  In fact, our TV is right in front of ours.  It almost never gets that cold and when it does, I'm not sure it's safe.  :blink:

I don't know why our city is so big on fireplaces when it rarely gets cold.  I think it's just a selling point and cheap to build because of lower standards.

:blink: Whereabouts are you?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2021, 05:11:59 PM »
The house I've lived in the majority of my life does have one, but I can't even remember ever having used it. They are a bit archaic with having a heater. It's just for decoration at this point. I suppose if we had some kind of long term power outage during a cold spell we might have to think about it, but I'm not too worried about that happening as cold spells are short-lived here.

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal