Pony Talk > Off Topic

Chocolate!

(1/5) > >>

BlackCurtains:
Milk chocolate is usually too sweet for me. I like dark, but not too dark. I have tried some of the 60% cocoa and up chocolates and they're too bitter. There was one exception, it was chocolate covered pomegranate seeds and was something like 70% - that was really good!

I also like white chocolate, but in small doses otherwise it's also too sweet. I like chocolate and peanut butter together. Dark chocolate expresso beans are delicious and one of my favs :heart:

Not a fan of nuts in my chocolate. I'll eat it, if I have no other choice and have a craving, but I like plain chocolate better.

If I'm in the candy aisle and can pick whatever I wanted, it would be the dark chocolate truffles from Lindt. So good! They are expensive though so I don't have them very often. Next on my list is Hershey Special Dark and then dark M&Ms. Cadbury used to be a favorite but it was sold or something in the US and it's made by someone else now. Not as good as it used to be! Palmer chocolate is the worst. Too waxy.

I'm always curious about chocolate from other countries because Americans like so much sweet and I think it's probably over processed like a lot of other American foods. Where is the best chocolate from? Belgium?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Luxrayx:
Noo not another food thread, I'm supposed to be on a diet! XD

When my siblings and I were younger, our dad would sometimes go to England to visit his side of the family. We couldn't go with him most of the time because we couldn't afford a full family vacation, but he made up for it by bringing home a very special souvenir - Cadbury chocolate! Plain Dairy Milk bars were always my favorite, but my siblings liked Creme Eggs the most.

My dad doesn't travel much now in his old age, so I hadn't tasted any Cadbury in a very long time. That is, until my sister told me she had this whole pack of mini chocolates she was just going to throw away - apparently, she doesn't like Dairy Milk at all!

I only wish I'd savored it a bit longer, because those delectable, nostalgic bites did not last long with me XD for the record, I think Norwegian Freia chocolate is probably "objectively" a bit better. But the nostalgia, man... Say, when is the Arena ever going to have a chocolate swap? :P

Starflashbaby:

--- Quote from: Luxrayx on September 17, 2021, 11:12:07 AM ---Noo not another food thread, I'm supposed to be on a diet! XD

When my siblings and I were younger, our dad would sometimes go to England to visit his side of the family. We couldn't go with him most of the time because we couldn't afford a full family vacation, but he made up for it by bringing home a very special souvenir - Cadbury chocolate! Plain Dairy Milk bars were always my favorite, but my siblings liked Creme Eggs the most.

My dad doesn't travel much now in his old age, so I hadn't tasted any Cadbury in a very long time. That is, until my sister told me she had this whole pack of mini chocolates she was just going to throw away - apparently, she doesn't like Dairy Milk at all!

I only wish I'd savored it a bit longer, because those delectable, nostalgic bites did not last long with me XD for the record, I think Norwegian Freia chocolate is probably "objectively" a bit better. But the nostalgia, man... Say, when is the Arena ever going to have a chocolate swap? :P

--- End quote ---

you can join the thread: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  :happy:

As for Chocolate I voted Milk Chocolate...  :blush:

Loa:
In my old age *ahem* I've kinda gone off chocolate!

Ponybookworm:
Milk is deffo my fave: the right balance of creamy sweet to rich. I also like dark chocolate for its rich taste. White can do one though; it's just too sickly for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version