collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price check on alt birthflower ponies please!  (Read 3110 times)

Offline DaddyIwantApony!

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Price check on alt birthflower ponies please!
« on: September 09, 2021, 10:51:57 PM »
I’ve got two alt birthflower ponies (March and May) and I would like to know their market value as I’m trying to convince my sister Lily is way too good to be passed on to her kids for playing with!

I’ve (hopefully) linked to the picture below.  If not, I will upload one later. 

Otherwise, Lily is in nice condition. She has a forelock trim and dry tail ends.  A bit of pink on her nostril and hind leg. Symbols and eyes are lovely.

Daffodil is gorgeous and near mint with  still has her original brush.

https://flic.kr/p/2mnNyh7

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also, can anybody recommend software or an app that they use to inventory their collection? I would hate to die and family sell my ponies for what I said I paid for them
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 11:26:59 PM by DaddyIwantApony! »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Price check on alt birthflower ponies please!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 11:08:42 PM »
The photo hasn't worked, sorry. I have a Wordpress site that I use for everything, but it's not an inventory. You might need photos with names, then an excel spreadsheet. I should do this too, but I know I will never get around to it! As for a price check, I'd say for the normal pink and white ones maybe £30 if in NM condition? Alt. birthflowers you can double that easily but a lot depends on the month as well since they are different colours and differ in popularity. July Water Lily is often pricey. I saw one go for £120. I haven't bought one recently but I've been looking at prices. Regardless of condition I wouldn't give them to kids anyway, because apparently they contain chemicals that are no longer used in kid's toys for safety reasons.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 11:24:33 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline DaddyIwantApony!

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 01:57:43 PM »
Thanks Artemisia! I’ve added a link to the ponies.

Thanks for the heads up about kids playing with old toys. I guess it’s not surprising. Do you know where I can read more about that?

I would love an app/photo gallery, to inventory my ponies.  I guess excel will have to do for now!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 11:14:04 PM »
This is a general article about vintage toys: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/toys-seventies-and-eighties-could-be-poisoning-your-children-10125415.html

And this looks like a really nice article on today's toys from a USA perspective: https://48h57c2l31ua3c3fmq1ne58b-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Phthalates_Report.pdf

I used to work in a museum and have an interest in plastics, so I wouldn't call myself an expert I just take an interest. I thought you might like the extra excuse ;)

I'd love to own both those ponies. I might even take more drastic intervention like kidnapping them in that situation! :grabby hands:

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 07:12:33 AM »
Also, can anybody recommend software or an app that they use to inventory their collection? I would hate to die and family sell my ponies for what I said I paid for them

Snupps is a great app for collection inventory! It can be accessed as both an app & as a webpage. You can set the items you post to either public or private, and there are private functions within the public settings as well (example: your pic & description can be public, but value info can be private).

https://www.snupps.com/

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 06:06:36 PM »
Wow daffodil is one of the most htf from the set, in my opinion - a rarity in nice condition as she is so prone to pindot.
Normally I would say alt birthflowers sit around $150 -200 USD but I wouldn't be surprised at all if daffodil sold for around $300 - 400 usd

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 01:46:49 PM »
There's always a market for the alt birthflowers as they had such a limited release worldwide.

I would also echo what Artie said about the safety of kids and G1 ponies. We really just don't know what the state of the plastic is like now.

I'm not hugely organised but I have my pony collection listed in an excep spreadsheet, plus my backcards as well because that's a separate undertaking. It's really hard to value the collection that way with prices fluctuating and ebay auctions etc only being on the server for a limited time. It's difficult to collect a lot of evidence about individual value, especially if it's a large collection.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 01:49:29 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 09:29:04 PM »
Hmmm I'm after a Lily and I'm in NZ.... :)
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 12:00:11 PM »
Hi there! I bought 3 alt birthflowers (daffodil, violet and poppy) around 10 or more years ago and they were going for around £200 apiece then. In my view, they seem to have come down in price a little bit since then (weirdly?)...
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline 4Lindy

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 02:13:33 PM »
Hi there!  Did you sell the Alt Birthflowers?  I have a friend who needs March to complete her set, if by chance she is still available :-)

Huge Thanks to Alrak, SourdoughStomper and Mari for my Super Sweetie Siggy\'s!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 03:32:46 PM »
MLP Merch has both a checklist and wishlist feature. As of writing this it says I have almost 300 G1 ponies .__.
And that's not even counting the other gens, or nirvana/euro, etc.

As for prices though I can't help much but I know the alt birthflowers are really spendy. Like 300+ usd spendy
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2022, 03:45:27 PM »
Hmmm I'm after a Lily and I'm in NZ.... :)

You also have kittens to feed and children to grow. ;)

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile

Offline DaddyIwantApony!

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2022, 12:31:13 AM »
Sadly I had to give Lily of the valley back to my sister as she wanted her for her daughter to play with. 
Say a prayer for poor Lily! My niece is only 3. The pony Wasnt mine to keep though. 

Anyway, now I’m in the market for an alt birthflower Lily of the Valley!

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2022, 04:02:09 PM »
Sadly I had to give Lily of the valley back to my sister as she wanted her for her daughter to play with. 
Say a prayer for poor Lily! My niece is only 3. The pony Wasnt mine to keep though. 

Anyway, now I’m in the market for an alt birthflower Lily of the Valley!

Let us pray to the pony gods!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal