collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 24801 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2021, 05:08:24 AM »
I saw my doctor yesterday and my at home scale was right, I have lost 4 lbs :) That's not bad for just substituting one or two meals a day with Slim Fast. I haven't been eating much because of sores in my mouth (which my doctor said is caused by a virus - she gave me medicine for it). I haven't ordered anymore pizza or fast food either.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2021, 07:30:54 PM »
I lost another pound.  I was surprised because I haven't been watching my calorie count like I should be lately.  I haven't exactly been eating everything in sight, but I haven't been paying attention to my portion sizes either.  I tried to monitor it more closely today though.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2021, 10:14:23 PM »
Does anyone here enjoy virtual races? I participate in them fairly frequently myself….the reason I ask is because I got maybe the most targeted ad I’ve ever gotten in my life on Instagram. It’s a My Little Pony virtual race! You get cutie mark pins along the way and a finishers medal at the end. Looks like there are two different challenges with two different sets of prizes. Thought I’d share it here too if anyone wants a pony themed incentive to get walking! :)

https://www.virtualrunningclub.com/events/my-little-pony-challenge/

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2021, 06:51:13 AM »
Does anyone here enjoy virtual races? I participate in them fairly frequently myself….the reason I ask is because I got maybe the most targeted ad I’ve ever gotten in my life on Instagram. It’s a My Little Pony virtual race! You get cutie mark pins along the way and a finishers medal at the end. Looks like there are two different challenges with two different sets of prizes. Thought I’d share it here too if anyone wants a pony themed incentive to get walking! :)

https://www.virtualrunningclub.com/events/my-little-pony-challenge/

how fun, thanks for sharing! :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2022, 09:10:49 AM »
I gained a pound this week.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2022, 08:37:15 AM »
Well, now I don't know what is going on with my scale. Unless I have actually lost 20lbs it's way off. I tried to recalibrate it because I had to move it yesterday so I could mop the floor. Maybe I did it wrong or it needs new batteries.

The 27th I go to my doc to get weighed.

In other news, I'm doing great when it comes to cleaning my place. Inspections start tomorrow. I feel confident :)

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2022, 06:19:20 AM »
I gained another pound last week and will probably gain another this week too.  :(

I was doing really good on my weight loss but lately I can't seem to stop eating more than I should.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2022, 07:35:41 AM »
That's okay, Ponyfan :hug: You're going to have ups and downs. You'll get back on track :)

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2022, 09:28:48 AM »
If it makes you feel better, I've gained 5 over the last 2 weeks because my sister was here with her kids (bringing the stress of her impeding divorce), my brother was here (leaving rehab early because he hurt his shoulder and needed it to be looked at), so we had 6 extra people and 2 extra dogs here which made it even harder to make time to exercise and all we did was play card games and eat snack foods.  So now that my sister, her kids and dogs are gone I might be able to get back on track.  My brother has an appointment tomorrow to get the results of his MRI so if he doesn't have to have surgery, he'll go home this week.  And my dad went to the doctor this week to get treatment options for his prostate cancer (it's genetic on his line so we knew it was coming and he's been watching for it to catch it early) and he just tested positive for Covid, so he thinks he picked it up at the hospital.  And then there's work stuff because we're still trying to make our stuff fit in a smaller space and they want to open up again next week.  I can't imagine why my life is stressful right now.  :lol:

Just don't beat yourself up too much, Ponyfan.  You can do it.  :cheer:

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2022, 05:33:01 PM »
Well, now I don't know what is going on with my scale. Unless I have actually lost 20lbs it's way off. I tried to recalibrate it because I had to move it yesterday so I could mop the floor. Maybe I did it wrong or it needs new batteries.

The 27th I go to my doc to get weighed.

In other news, I'm doing great when it comes to cleaning my place. Inspections start tomorrow. I feel confident :)

I need a new scale at home too..
It went wakey when I moved it I put the new batteries in it but now its like off..
But I went to the Dr at the beginning of Jan and I was 301.6 from being 303.6 in Nov. Hmm I don't know why it took so long to lose 3 ibs but I did it. Question is am I still going down... it's 7something PM now. I'm Going to say I'm done eating for the night. I usually stop at 8pm but I can stop now.

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2022, 07:28:10 AM »
:cheer:  You STILL lost 3 pounds!  Yay for you! :cheer:

Celebrate the little victories, too, you guys!  Each of us is working at our own rate and getting results so that's awesome! 
If you have a setback, take it for what it is, a setback.  It is temporary and won't be permanent unless you let it be. 

I've implemented "Active Anime Time" this week at work with a couple of my co-workers.  We turn on Haikyu (it's about a volleyball team and quite entertaining) in the gym and watch 1 episode while we exercise, stretch, or relax our minds (depending on what is needed) and there is no judgement.  Just an entertaining 22 minute cartoon and working out whatever we need to work out.  When we finish Haikyu (which is about 60 episodes so far on DVD) we will discuss if we want to continue with a new show or if it will just be me continuing.  I've already decided that this is a productive way to spend my lunch break and it frees up my evenings to do other things instead of exercise (unless I feel like doing more).

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2022, 10:16:08 AM »
Thank you Black Curtains and Pokeyonekenobie. To my surprise I lost a pound last week.  Part of my problem is I've really been struggling with my health lately.  Some days I feel fine and other days it takes such an effort to just get out of bed that I don't have the energy to really focus on my portion sizes.  I'm not giving up though and will keep working on it.

I

I've implemented "Active Anime Time" this week at work with a couple of my co-workers.  We turn on Haikyu (it's about a volleyball team and quite entertaining) in the gym and watch 1 episode while we exercise, stretch, or relax our minds (depending on what is needed) and there is no judgement.  Just an entertaining 22 minute cartoon and working out whatever we need to work out.  When we finish Haikyu (which is about 60 episodes so far on DVD) we will discuss if we want to continue with a new show or if it will just be me continuing.  I've already decided that this is a productive way to spend my lunch break and it frees up my evenings to do other things instead of exercise (unless I feel like doing more).

That sounds like fun.  It I was working with you I'd be right beside you working out while we watched anime.  :) 

Ponyfan

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2022, 09:23:14 PM »
Well I have been consistently weighing in at about 169 pounds for the last week or so, so I feel confident saying I have officially reached my goal of reaching 170 pounds! :frolic: I could probably still stand to lose a few more pounds, but for now I’m going to relax a little and enjoy my accomplishment of losing about 20 pounds. Took about a year, but this is the first time I’ve actually reached one of my weight loss goals, so I’m very proud!

I think in the meantime, I think my goal will be to walk 100 miles every month for the retro pony virtual race. I am on pace to hit that this month, so I think it should be a reasonable goal! :) Plus then I get one pin every month, so that should be fun!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2022, 06:41:44 AM »
Congrats Minty Magic! :cheer:

edit: I had my weigh in today at my doctor's office and I've lost 6lbs in a month :D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 12:26:56 PM by BlackCurtains »

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2022, 07:57:05 PM »
:cheer:  You STILL lost 3 pounds!  Yay for you! :cheer:

Celebrate the little victories, too, you guys!  Each of us is working at our own rate and getting results so that's awesome! 
If you have a setback, take it for what it is, a setback.  It is temporary and won't be permanent unless you let it be. 

Your Right! I did Lose 3 ibs It didn't really sink in until you said it...  :blush:
 :biggrin: Thank you for Celebrating it WITH ME!!!!!  :frolic:

Awesome Use of your Lunch break! I love that Idea!

Congrats BlackCurtains & Minty_Magic  :cheer:

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal