collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 24841 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2021, 09:01:55 AM »
BlackCurtains  I'm glad you were able to complete your projects. 

I gained a pound this week.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2021, 05:15:34 AM »
Thank you! :) My sculpture won second place :D

I was weighed at my doctor yesterday and I've gained 2 lbs in a month. I'm kind of surprised because as far as I remember I haven't eaten much junk food. I ordered a pizza at the beginning of the month but that was the only one. For the last week or so I haven't been hungry at all. The day before yesterday I didn't eat anything. I'm considering getting some Slim Fast. In the past I've lost 60lbs on Slim Fast, twice. Not back to back unfortunately.

I haven't started back on my pony customs yet, maybe today.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2021, 12:19:10 PM »
I'm not doing good this week with food.  Having a lot of fast food around doesn't help.  With the holiday tomorrow I've decided not to worry about portions and just enjoy the food.  I can get back on track after Thanksgiving.

Ponyfan

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2021, 05:27:34 PM »
I really fell off my progress since I last post a WHILE ago on this thread. I just stopped eating as well as I had been (drinking water, more veggies and fruits, more fries and deep fried things, etc) but I did a weigh in the other day and, even though I gained back about 5 pounds, I am still at a lower weight then when I started! Obviously with Thanksgiving in the States tomorrow, it's going to be a STRUGGLE but I plan on starting back up on my health journey next week!

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2021, 04:00:53 AM »
I'm going to have to add things to my diet, or eat them more often because I have iron anemia. It's kind of weird, because earlier this year, after 14 years, I started eating meat again. Only certain kinds, mainly turkey and beef. And meat is supposed to be the best for iron, so it must be super low. My freezer is already stuffed so I'm going to have to eat what's in there and then get frozen veggies, broccoli and green beans. I have canned beans and lentils already, just need to eat them more often. 

On the art side of things, I want to make something for my mom for xmas. It's something she's asked for for a few years. I think I should do it this year. You never know when it will be the last opportunity you have to do something special for someone.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2021, 11:18:50 AM »
I gained a pound.  That's not too bad considering that I haven't been watching what I eat as well as I should have since Thursday.

Ponyfan

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2021, 02:17:03 PM »
Ponyfan your still doing Awesome!!! you lost 11 pounds  :cheer: stick with it! :happy:

BlackCurtains for my mom this Christmas I put some old pics together in a collage pic frame that looks like a movie film reel.

3 weeks ago I posted my first fitness journey post on Instagram and then 2 days ago I posted again. so I'm really happy how it went I think i lost 3 pounds in total 1 pound a week but I'm not so sure anymore I should go to the doctor and get weighed there because its more accurate. The one scale I have at home is not so accurate anymore. so I have to get a new scale for at home. but anyways I feel like I lost weight. just don't know exactly how much for sure. during Thanksgiving dinner (at 1pm) I used portion control so I can eat a little bit of everything. then for dessert (7pm) I used portion control again. I will be adding an exercise regimen in to the plan later down the road I think for now I'm just going to diet.   

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2021, 12:27:20 PM »
Thank you starflashbaby.  I lost 2 more pounds putting me back to my original 13 lost but I zero motivation this week to track and really count calroies.  I was sick yesterday, so I didn't even try except that I made sure to measure the Chex Mix I was eating and not just pour a huge amount out on the plate and eat.  I have a special occasion coming up this week too and I already know I will go over my calorie limit that day.  I can always lose it again. 

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2021, 04:42:56 PM »
I haven't had an appetite. I had to throw some food away because it went bad since I'm not eating. Some days I just have soup or pasta, or cheese and crackers. I did end up getting some Slim Fast but I have to clean the drawers out in the fridge and I've been lazy about it :P I don't have ice, and drinking them room temp is gross, so I haven't had any yet.

Artistically, I haven't been doing anything either. I think I got burnt out with my sculpture.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2021, 03:33:05 PM »
I've been hovering around the same weight for years.  I take two steps forward and then to steps back.  But finally after years I have dropped out of one weight range into another.  I'm embarrassed to say my exact weight, but I'm ten pounds down and finally in a new wt range.  Hooray.  Lets hope I can keep it off and loose more.
I was under 200lbs in college.  I'm an ugly monster now.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2021, 09:18:51 PM »
:hug:
Oh, Gator, you're not an ugly monster.  You've done a wonderful job and lost the first ten pounds!  Now you can keep it up and do it again!  Take it one pound at a time and you'll be back where you want to be.  When my sister's friend complained that she had "only" lost one pound, my sister told her to go to Walmart and look at a 1 pound container of Crisco to remind herself that that is what she had lost.  It's a hard journey but you can do it!  The trick is not to let the setbacks be permanent.  But one thing I know is that only you can make the changes in your life to get you where you want to be.  We can't do it for you but we can cheer you on. 
It's all up to you and if you want it you CAN do it!  :cheer:

Sometimes little changes can make a big difference.  For example, if you really like coke, drink water instead of coke with your dinner.  Start once a week and work up to every day.  I started doing that and now I only have coke as an occasional treat instead of every day.  Take little steps towards your goals.  If you try to do too much at once you'll get discouraged and that makes it harder.  Find ways to enjoy exercising if that's what you want to work on.  I make it a point to watch my Japanese cartoons only while I'm on the treadmill.  I can read the subtitles while I'm walking so if I make it a rule that I can only watch them while I'm exercising, it makes me want to exercise because I want to watch my cartoon! 

Find what works for you and don't give up.  :woot:  You got this!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 09:20:53 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2021, 08:21:28 AM »
Gator, you're NOT an ugly monster :hug: You should be very proud of yourself! I've been there too, when the scale finally dropped out of the 300s. It felt amazing and I cried! But I eventually gained it all back and added another 150 on top of it. Don't be like me! It's not worth it, it really isn't. I can barely get my socks on and I had to buy slip on shoes because there's no way I can tie laces or even do velcro.

But in the same vain it IS very difficult, especially if you can't change your living situation (it's much harder to break habits and develop new habits when we stay in the same familiar place that doesn't change along with you). Have you considered surgery? I'm going through with bariatric surgery. Probably sometime in the summer or fall. But they still require you to lose weight on your own AND you have to go on a liquid diet and shrink your liver before they cut you open. And you know what? It's not an "easy way out". Not at all. It still takes work.

I'm using Slim Fast again - I've lost 60lbs on Slim Fast twice. I haven't cut out soda, I limit myself to one a day (down from two) and drink water or coffee, sometimes tea before bed the rest of the time. Water is good for your heart too. It can help slow a racing heart, so if you are exercising and feel like your chest is gonna burst, down some water. Getting enough veggies and fruit can be a challenge, but you can always buy them frozen! I have a smoothie everyday out of bananas and berries with whatever milk I have. It's filling and very healthy. I also keep a mix of chopped onions and peppers in the freezer and add it to almost everything I cook. You can even freeze fresh spinach.

Sorry if this is coming off as lecture-y, it's not meant to :) Just sharing some of the things I'm doing.

Whatever you decide and however you go about it - you can do it! :cheer:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2021, 09:02:16 AM »
I've lost 14 pounds in 3 months. :cheer:  The nurse at the drs office said that's considered very good progress on the weight loss program.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2021, 08:56:30 AM »
Yay! Go Ponyfan :cheer:

I decided to step on my scale and see what it said. After adjusting because it's 7lbs off, it said I lost 4lbs. That seems about right. I'll know for sure when I see my doc on the 27th.

I messed up last night though and ordered a pizza. I hate that I did it. We all have slip ups, I know, but I can't help but feel guilty and bad about it.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2021, 10:53:29 PM »
I can’t remember the last time I’ve checked in here, but I think I’ve made some small progress! I seem to consistently be weighing in at about 2-3 pounds lighter than when this thread started, so I feel confident saying that weight is officially gone! I’ve had a lot of bad slip up days with the holidays, but thankfully I don’t seem to gain…and even if I do it comes back off after a couple days.

I’ve been really lazy about tracking my daily calorie intake. I do need to get back in the habit of logging daily, even if I don’t want to see just how bad I did in a day :lol:

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal