collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 25353 times)

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2022, 03:35:30 PM »
I'm frustrated with trying to lose weight.  It was going good for a bit but it's gotten weird.  Does anyone else gain a pound while they sleep?  I weigh myself before I go to bed (hours after eating anything) and when I weigh myself in the morning, I have GAINED a pound.  What the heck?  It's also slightly frustrating that my doctor is going to comment on the gains (if I can't get it off before my physical in September) even though I am still in a smaller size.  I hate that he's only judging my health on my weight, not on the fact that I'm still down 4 pants sizes.  I know that muscle is more condensed than fat, which is why I can be smaller and still weigh the same (or more) but it's all just very annoying.  :pullhair:

do you Have to go by what the doctor says or can you just go by what you feel is comfortable for you?
for me I will always be called Obese by my Doctor No Matter how well I'm doing with my weight or how many Pants sizes I go down. Until I reach 146IBS (Which By my standard is too skinny for me) he will call me Obese. So Today I'm 298 ibs if Id drop 150 ibs This year I'd still be Obese cause I didn't lose 152 Ibs (Heck I could be off too I probably should be 130IBS I need to check again)
Anyways in my weird way I'm trying to say You should listen to your doctor if you have a medical condition like diabetes (or anything that I can't think of right now but anything else like a rare condition or any other reason) but if your not medically sick I think it would be ok to ignore the fact that he / she comments on your weight in September....
But you know who your losing the weight for?... Yourself if that's good enough then ignore the docs comment.

Edit:
As for The weight one day up one day down
We fluctuate in weight all day long thats why its good to look at a scale once a week or every 2 weeks.  ^.^ Cheer up your doing Great!!!!!  :cheer:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 03:06:00 PM by Starflashbaby »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2022, 07:16:20 PM »
I'm frustrated with trying to lose weight.  It was going good for a bit but it's gotten weird.  Does anyone else gain a pound while they sleep?  I weigh myself before I go to bed (hours after eating anything) and when I weigh myself in the morning, I have GAINED a pound.  What the heck?  It's also slightly frustrating that my doctor is going to comment on the gains (if I can't get it off before my physical in September) even though I am still in a smaller size.  I hate that he's only judging my health on my weight, not on the fact that I'm still down 4 pants sizes.  I know that muscle is more condensed than fat, which is why I can be smaller and still weigh the same (or more) but it's all just very annoying.  :pullhair:

I think I might gain overnight too. I tend to weigh myself a few hours after I’ve woken up because I was finding that if weighed myself exactly when I woke up I was coming in a pound or so heavier. Weird!

My old doctor used to pester me about my weight too. She retired and did finally give me credit for losing some weight, but there was one time she actually made me cry because the way she worded her concern was so harsh. :( It made me mad too because she wasn’t exactly slim! I thought she’d understand my struggle. All my blood work was always normal.

I seem to be stuck at around 168/167 pounds right now. My goal is just 165 but it’s still frustrating. I’ve been coming in significantly under my calorie budget most days so I’m not sure why nothing is coming off. Some days I’ll randomly come in really close to my goal  but the next day it’s right back on. I think I need to start going back to the gym.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2022, 06:31:27 AM »
You shouldn't weigh yourself so often, like Starflash said. Once a week is usually the norm. Otherwise, well, you get frustrated. It was always the plateau that bothered me the most. I'd drop 60lbs and then nothing for months. It's because your body goes into panic mode, even if you're still overweight, and holds onto every calorie. Once enough time goes by and your body realizes it's not going to die, you start losing again. I've never gotten past the plateau. I always gained back.

I had a slip up last night and ordered a pizza. I've been so good but I was really craving one. The worst part? It didn't taste as good as I thought it would. there was too much crust even though it's the same pizza I always ordered. That might be a good thing because it makes me not want to get another one. If I'm going to stuff myself with bread, cheese and grease there are things I can make myself that would taste much better. So maybe that was my last pizza. The other thing is because of my gastroparesis, I'm still full this morning and it makes me feel yucky.

I think I'll try and fast today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2022, 10:35:48 AM »
Everyones doing Awesome :cheer:

I hope your feeling better Pokeyonekenobie

Minty_Magic your so close to your goal! Don't give up! you can do it! 

BlackCurtains :cheer: We can get past the Plateau!

I gained a little water weight this week so I have no idea where that came from but its slowly going back down. I think its like 5ibs of water weight But I am still watching what I eat and I think I need to use the MyFitnessPal app more often. but I don't usually get over 1600 calories a day I'm under my calorie limit for the day and that's the reason why I'm plateauing all the time because My body is panicking and going into Hibernation mode which then does not burn off food.  :huh: I guess I really need to learn to eat better and more of better foods. that's my biggest obstacle right now. I can't be eating out. I have to find a way to eat healthy. Any ideas..... I don't eat fish... I can't see a Diet nutritionist because its way too much money and I don't' want to be diabetic in order for it to be free... Maybe I should look into What a Diabetic eats... they can eat all sorts of healthy stuff... there should be free stuff on the net for that... And if so I'll use that as my diet... just without the diabetes.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2022, 11:59:14 AM »

Yeah I'm having that issue myself, about not dropping past a certain weight.

I think I might gain overnight too. I tend to weigh myself a few hours after I’ve woken up because I was finding that if weighed myself exactly when I woke up I was coming in a pound or so heavier. Weird!

My old doctor used to pester me about my weight too. She retired and did finally give me credit for losing some weight, but there was one time she actually made me cry because the way she worded her concern was so harsh. :( It made me mad too because she wasn’t exactly slim! I thought she’d understand my struggle. All my blood work was always normal.

I seem to be stuck at around 168/167 pounds right now. My goal is just 165 but it’s still frustrating. I’ve been coming in significantly under my calorie budget most days so I’m not sure why nothing is coming off. Some days I’ll randomly come in really close to my goal  but the next day it’s right back on. I think I need to start going back to the gym.

Your nicer then I am Minty, I would have been upset enough to point out the hypocrisy of that doctor.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2022, 10:51:10 PM »
How is everyone doing?  :biggrin:
I gained a few ibs I'm now 300 ibs :huh: but I have an idea
I'm going to do stomach crunches & situps in the morning & then after when I'm awake & ready for the day I'm going to use my new peddle stationary bike, I don't know the type of exercise bike it is but Hopfully I'll stick with the plan and it becomes a new habit. It will be fun!
I'm going to start eating like I'm a diabetic 2 cause im pretty sure im getting close to being one..
 And this will void it or  prolong it if i can help it. I'm going to start counting carbs which I need 45 in a meal × 2 and then 15 to 20 carbs in a snack x2 stop eating after 8pm. So let's see how that goes for a while.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2022, 10:58:36 PM »
You can do it :cheer:

After a few bad choices I'm back on my smoothies and eating healthy. I missed my weigh-in for the month at my doctor's office because my ride never showed up. I'm still losing since my shorts fell down the other day while I was carrying something :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2022, 07:57:00 AM »
Good job, BC!  Keep it up!

Good idea, Starflashbaby.  I hope it works for you!

I keep gaining no matter what I do/don't eat or how much more I exercise.  Seriously, I gain a pound from eating a very measured out serving of cereal--we're talking 150 calories--it's ridiculous and SO frustrating because it's not a fluctuation because it never goes back down.  It just goes up. That's why I've been weighing myself so much, to figure out if it's something specific that I'm eating or if it's just everything.  I may have to ask my doctor to test if I'm allergic to something in my food if I can't figure it out on my own and get things to change before my physical in September. It could also be just because I turned 40 and my body is "getting old"--which is a really lame excuse for my body not letting go of any weight, especially since I was losing weight really well right before I turned 40.  Shouldn't my metabolism slow down gradually instead of shutting off altogether from one day to the next?

So for now I'm just going to focus on exercising better.  I'm also going to add crunches to see if I can get my stomach to go flatter.  I figure if I aim for somewhere around 300/day (because once I get used to doing it they shouldn't take that long) for the next month, that will get the habit/base muscles formed and then I can try to up it from there if it seems to be working. 

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2022, 11:52:55 AM »
It's been a while since I posted here.  I've lost 23 pounds so far.  :) 

I didn't watch what I was eating too much last week.  I'm going to try to do better this week.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2022, 03:24:04 PM »
I've been having issues with my stomach so I haven't been eating much. I feel bloated and gross anyway though. My energy is sapped, but I can't sleep. I missed my weigh in at the doctor this month because my ride never showed up. It's hard to tell if I'm still losing weight since I'm all puffed up.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2022, 09:54:58 AM »
I gained 2 pounds this week although I think 1 is more accurate due to something else.  I overate spaghetti last and garlic bread last night.  I love spaghetti and it's so hard to eat a normal sized portion of it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2022, 06:36:18 PM »
Wow I'm glad to hear everyone's still doing Great!!! :cheer: Keep it up everyone!!!

Thank you Pokeyonekenobie
do you take any medicine that might make you gain weight? I know that in Lithium, Weight gain was a side effect.
You could be allergic to something in the foods... that's a possibility... some food dies like blue 1 & Yellow 1 in foods can mess with emotions but I don't know how that would affect your body if your allergic to them??? that's something to look into as well... my nieces have a bad reaction to dies in food when they were younger... blue 1 would make them mad or yellow 1 hyper.. it was weird... I know your metabolism slows down when you get older but I don't think it shuts down... that's why we have to exercise a bit harder while eating healthier. 300 crunches a day?! I can only do 20 in the morning and 20 at night right now...

BlackCurtains
I hope you feel better. but it sounds like you lost weight  ^.^

Ponyfan
thats still 21ibs off  ;)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2022, 10:00:13 PM »
I'm not managing 300 crunches a day. :nope: My stomach hurts too much once I hit about a hundred.  And I haven't remembered to do them every day yet.  So maybe my goal is to eventually manage 300. 

I'm not on any meds so I know that's not the issue.  It may just be that I need to change what I'm eating and focus more on proteins.  I have been tracking my food and it seems like days with more protein I actually do manage to lose a little weight.  I haven't ruled out an allergy but I am going to try and up my protein a bit and see if that helps anything.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2022, 09:57:34 AM »
300 crunches a day Pokeyonekenobie?! You’re crazy, I struggle with even doing like, 20! :P Even if you’re “only” getting 100 a day in that’s still a really good workout!

I’m still sort of stuck, but tentatively I may have lost one pound. I see last time I posted I was stuck between 168 and 167 pounds, but now I seem to swing between 167 and 166 depending on the day. I finally decided to cut my calorie budget in Lose it… it was clear it was too high if I wasn’t losing after about a month of always coming in at or under my goal. When I was in the mode for maintaining my weight I had started gaining, so their calculation on calorie budget clearly isn’t perfect.

Even though my weight loss is going slow, I’ve set some additional goals besides just cutting calories that I think will help. Since I have lost about 25 pounds from where I started, it makes sense these last few pounds may be harder to shed!

-Eat more protein. From what I’ve been reading balancing your macronutrients is also important for weight loss. In general, I can see I’m eating way more carbs and fat than I am protein dense foods, so I am going to start being mindful of that. I read that for weight loss you should aim to eat your body weight in protein grams per day!! I’m WAY below that, so right now my goal is to at least balance my macronutrients to be close to a 33/33/34% split each day
-Do more strength training. This one is somewhat counter intuitive since muscle mass can add weight, but my body fat % is so high that I know I need to start working on this. I’ve also heard that strength training is generally a better weight loss tool than cardio alone, so I’m optimistic that this will be beneficial to add to my workout routine.
-Drink more water. I got a smart water bottle that will track my water intake. I’ve struggled to hit my goal since I got it, so before that I was probably dehydrated more often than not!

On the upside I joined a new gym that is closer to m house, so I’ve been motivated to actually go close to every day! My old gym wasn’t that far, but the 10-15 minute ie was sill enough of a hindrance that I wasn’t going much at all. The new one is cheaper with all the same amenities to boot! :) They even have a couple of advantages over my old gym like being open 24 hours an having a movie room which is super fun!

Even though my weight loss is slow, I’m still feeling optimistic about it. The changes I’ve made I think are sustainable lifestyle changes I can actually keep up with long term. If nothing else I haven’t gained a significant amount of weight back over the last year, so that’s a plus!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2022, 03:38:18 PM »
I'm not managing 300 crunches a day. :nope: My stomach hurts too much once I hit about a hundred.  And I haven't remembered to do them every day yet.  So maybe my goal is to eventually manage 300. 

I'm not on any meds so I know that's not the issue.  It may just be that I need to change what I'm eating and focus more on proteins.  I have been tracking my food and it seems like days with more protein I actually do manage to lose a little weight.  I haven't ruled out an allergy but I am going to try and up my protein a bit and see if that helps anything.
don't do it till your stomach Hurts really bad... it really good that your working out... I'm not trying to tell you to do less... I'm just saying do what your body can handle when you start to feel the stretch do 5 or 10 more. Your doing a Fantastic Job  :cheer:!!!!
I missed todays Sit-ups too I don't do them everyday like I said I would I haven't got a chance to exercise on the the stationary bike yet....is House work Like cleaning Exercise Too??? I'm in the middle of a deep dusting... Next week comes the vacuuming, & Floor washing...

300 crunches a day Pokeyonekenobie?! You’re crazy, I struggle with even doing like, 20! :P Even if you’re “only” getting 100 a day in that’s still a really good workout!

I’m still sort of stuck, but tentatively I may have lost one pound. I see last time I posted I was stuck between 168 and 167 pounds, but now I seem to swing between 167 and 166 depending on the day. I finally decided to cut my calorie budget in Lose it… it was clear it was too high if I wasn’t losing after about a month of always coming in at or under my goal. When I was in the mode for maintaining my weight I had started gaining, so their calculation on calorie budget clearly isn’t perfect.

Even though my weight loss is going slow, I’ve set some additional goals besides just cutting calories that I think will help. Since I have lost about 25 pounds from where I started, it makes sense these last few pounds may be harder to shed!

-Eat more protein. From what I’ve been reading balancing your macronutrients is also important for weight loss. In general, I can see I’m eating way more carbs and fat than I am protein dense foods, so I am going to start being mindful of that. I read that for weight loss you should aim to eat your body weight in protein grams per day!! I’m WAY below that, so right now my goal is to at least balance my macronutrients to be close to a 33/33/34% split each day
-Do more strength training. This one is somewhat counter intuitive since muscle mass can add weight, but my body fat % is so high that I know I need to start working on this. I’ve also heard that strength training is generally a better weight loss tool than cardio alone, so I’m optimistic that this will be beneficial to add to my workout routine.
-Drink more water. I got a smart water bottle that will track my water intake. I’ve struggled to hit my goal since I got it, so before that I was probably dehydrated more often than not!

On the upside I joined a new gym that is closer to m house, so I’ve been motivated to actually go close to every day! My old gym wasn’t that far, but the 10-15 minute ie was sill enough of a hindrance that I wasn’t going much at all. The new one is cheaper with all the same amenities to boot! :) They even have a couple of advantages over my old gym like being open 24 hours an having a movie room which is super fun!

Even though my weight loss is slow, I’m still feeling optimistic about it. The changes I’ve made I think are sustainable lifestyle changes I can actually keep up with long term. If nothing else I haven’t gained a significant amount of weight back over the last year, so that’s a plus!

I read a little on macronutrients before... 33/33/34% which one is Proteins Carbs and fats... I'm guessing 34 is the proteins?? I'm at the beginning of eating like a Diabetic 2. I count Carbs instead of Calories or Macronutrients. Its a bit of a learning curb because when I don't have to count carbs like if its dinner that was home made I portion size and don't take seconds. :huh:
What is the difference in Strength training & Cardio I'm now confused for a second... I have 8ibs dumbbells' that I should be working out with as well... would that be strength training and My stationary bike Cardio?
I love the fact you have a smart water bottle where on earth did you get one. did you share that already... I thought someone was sharing something about a water bottle earlier in this form was that you? I have to look now... 
Thats cool that you now have a new gym closer to where you live and its 24hrs & has a movie room!!! Yes you are making  sustainable lifestyle changes, Way to Gooo  :cheer:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal