collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 24804 times)

Offline MouseCardinal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2021, 08:20:50 AM »
I can't cook (executive function, yay me) so in London I was eating a lot of processed food as well.
I can definitely relate to that. I had a horrible time at school with hardly any means of getting off campus, so I ate way too much processed food. Trying to get myself on a better track now that I'm at home.  :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Art by NanoRuby
Life, I love you, all is groovy

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 08:57:18 AM »
I also just use the Apple wellness app (or whatever it's called) to track my steps but I'm interested in some others. I'll look them up now.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2021, 05:46:14 AM »
Well, I am doing a terrible job.

I'm a stress eater and under some big stress right now, so I bought ice cream with all the fixin's and a whole cheesecake. I ate two pieces of cheesecake already. I live alone and hate wasting food so... I'll be eating all of it.

Go me.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline MouseCardinal

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2021, 06:31:41 AM »

I'm a stress eater and under some big stress right now, so I bought ice cream with all the fixin's and a whole cheesecake. I ate two pieces of cheesecake already. I live alone and hate wasting food so... I'll be eating all of it.

Go me.
We have slip-ups, it happens. You’re doing the best that you can under stress.

Art by NanoRuby

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2021, 07:08:06 PM »
I had my first weigh in today since i started really trying to watch what I eat and taking the Slim Shots.  I didn't gain but I didn't lose either.  I stayed the same.   I was hoping that I lost some.  The staff at my drs office said most people don't lose the first week they start the shots but will lose the 2nd week.  I'm still waiting for the pills that I'm supposed to take with the shots to arrive.  I was hoping they'd be here today.

My mom bought me a planner yesterday to help me keep track of my weight lose and shots progress.  If I lose or maintain my weight I get a sticker.  She thinks having a visual way to track my progress will help keep me motivated.

Go me.

:hug:  I also stress eat sometimes.  The first time I really noticed it was when my mom was in the hospital and I realized I was hungrier than usual and not being satisfied with my normal portion sizes.   

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2021, 07:15:32 PM »
I understand the pain and could also use some encouragement. I started hiking again with my best friend (ex military and trainer) and he kinda works me pretty hard but I’m trying to keep up. If I can lose the weight I need to drop I’ll be happy.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline MouseCardinal

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2021, 06:39:01 AM »
Best of luck to you!

I went on a very long walk yesterday that was murder on my hip joints, but I did get the steps in.  :satisfied:

Art by NanoRuby

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2021, 12:17:12 PM »
I'm trying really hard to watch my calories and portion sizes but I'm already hungry and I ate lunch a couple of hours ago.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2021, 12:28:40 PM »
I had three slices of cheesecake for breakfast.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline MouseCardinal

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2021, 02:10:52 PM »
I'm trying really hard to watch my calories and portion sizes but I'm already hungry and I ate lunch a couple of hours ago.

Ponyfan
I have such a bad time with portion control; I was really gonna eat a meal made for three by myself last night :(

Art by NanoRuby

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2021, 08:55:07 AM »

Ponyfan
I have such a bad time with portion control; I was really gonna eat a meal made for three by myself last night :(

Yeah, this is a hard one to get right.  A lot of times you look at the calories and think, "Hey, I can have a bowl of cereal because there's only 110 calories in it" without realizing that a serving is half a cup (depending on the cereal--your mileage may vary).  Pretty sure that most bowls hold way more than that so you don't realize how much you're eating unless you measure it out yourself.  The other night my parents made some chicken noodle thing for dinner and made a package for each of us.  There were 2.5 servings in each package.  My mom bought some flavored coffee creamer to pour over fresh peaches (peaches and cream) and was excited to find one that "only" had 5 carbs...per tablepoon, not per cup.  I can't get her to look at portion size, she just looks at how much is in a serving and assumes that her version of a serving is the same as the people that try to make their foods look healthy.

I had my annual physical this morning and my blood pressure was surprisingly good (I have White Coat Syndrome) so now I'm just waiting to see what my blood draw says about my cholesterol and sugar.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2021, 09:32:19 AM »
I also struggle with portion control, one of the holiday gifts my company is offering this year is a food scale. It’s a boring gift but I’m thinking about selecting it….I’m really not good at eyeballing/ measuring things out.

I’ve been really struggling to be active lately. Part of it is that I’m busy, but part of it has also just been a lack of motivation. I enjoy walking, but it’s been too hot to go outside on my lunch breaks. I’ve been going out to the pool instead, but once I hit the water I find myself wanting to lounge instead of swim or jog. I could do some guided exercises inside, but at the same time I really like leaving my house/workspace for those 45 minutes. :huh:

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2021, 12:49:31 PM »
A food scale and measuring cups/spoons are so important if you are trying to watch what you eat, especially with calorie dense things like oils/butter, pasta/rice, meat/cheese & nuts. It can be very difficult to eye these things especially if you aren’t used to portion control and you could be adding hundreds more calories more than you think you are eating. For example, photos like in this article always shock me because they don’t look that different on the plate but there is such a large calorie difference.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2021, 02:11:32 PM »
I had cereal yesterday for breakfast and was surprised how small a serving looked  in the bowl.  I usually fill the bowl up to the top even though  I'm not a big fan of cereal. 

Today I had a  6 in Subway sandwich for lunch even though I really wanted a Footlong.   

Ponyfan

Offline MouseCardinal

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2021, 02:32:47 PM »
I had cereal yesterday for breakfast and was surprised how small a serving looked  in the bowl.  I usually fill the bowl up to the top even though  I'm not a big fan of cereal. 

Today I had a  6 in Subway sandwich for lunch even though I really wanted a Footlong.   

Ponyfan
That's good; I tried to have a healthier, non-fried portion of chicken today  :lookround:

Art by NanoRuby

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal