Pony Talk > Off Topic

Are you a movie buff?

(1/5) > >>

BlackCurtains:
Do you love movies? Can you quote entire films? How many movies do you own? What's your favorite genre? Let's talk movies!

I'm a big movie fan! My fav genre is horror, but I enjoy all kinds of films. Pre-Covid I would go to the theater once a month, sometimes twice. My movie collection is about 200 strong. DVD and Blu-Ray mostly, but there are still some VHS hanging around (I have no way to play them though).

Stuck at home, I watch movies on my streaming subs or for free. The last one I watched was The Devil Below on... Netflix? Or Hulu. It wasn't very good :lol: but that's the fate of a lot of horror movies.

My favorite of all time is John Carpenter's The Thing! I know it all by heart and I think the special effects still look great almost 40 years later :)

tailrustedtealeaf:
Not really...unless it's animated films. :P I love me some animated films, even/especially bad or unheard of ones.

Aflame:
I love films and though lately I’ve just been in to the MCU films I love horror/sci-fi to and “the thing” is ace along with alien ,predator, And robo cop 😊

Griffin:
Not really... I enjoy a film every now and then (and have some favourites, of course), but I generally prefer series, and/or just doing other stuff.

My favourite genres are drama, historical, animated films... I'll watch action, scifi, horror etc. in moderate amounts, I'm quite picky when it comes to those. I generally prefer feel-good type of films. It's interesting actually, because some of my favourite series are much darker in comparison.

ridi:
I like movies quite a bit, but not to the extent of calling myself a movie buff. Like, I don't follow general movie news and stay up to date on production stuff unless it happens to be movies I really care about.

My favorite movie ever has been my favorite my whole life... drum roll... the direct to video "Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation" :biggrin: It just has a very special place in my heart and nothing else has quite been able to live up to it.

The Bill and Ted trilogy comes close, though. Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey is probably my second favorite movie ever, and the other two in the series don't trail far behind it. The third movie that came out last year was one I had been looking forward to for years, and I had planned to see it in theaters maybe like ten times... but then 2020 turned out the way it did so that didn't quite work out, but I loved watching it on my laptop all the same.

I generally like comedy, horror and adventure movies, and am a big fan of the props, puppets and costumes used before CGI took over. Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey has a little bit of everything I love so that's probably why it was such a huge hit with me.

Honorable mention goes to Freaks (1932), a beautiful movie I think everyone should watch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version