collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hallo there!  (Read 557 times)

Offline paradiserain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • Unhealthily addicted to G3s
    • View Profile
Hallo there!
« on: September 02, 2021, 09:57:55 AM »
Hello!

I go by Rain and I'm just another 21 year-old starving artist who loves ponies. I'm currently in my 3rd year of college and I'm studying to be come a graphic designer, but I really have no idea what I wanna do with my life lol. I currently work as an accountant's assistant, but it doesn't pay much at all, nor is it my dream job. I'm hoping to move on from it in the next 2 years or so.

I've been collecting ponies since I was 5 years old, so I've been collecting since about 2004-2005. My favorite generation is (surprise!) G3! I love G3 very much as it was a HUGE part of my childhood. I collected as many ponies as I could when I was a child, but my collecting came to an abrupt halt when the generation changed to G3.5 and then to G4 in 2010.

The generation change was a major punch in the gut to me at the time. I thought the new generations were very ugly and unfamiliar. I just wanted my pretty G3s back! So I stopped collecting in 2010 and completely lost all interest in MLP and the new generations for nearly 10 years until I finally started watching a few random G4 episodes in 2018-ish. I was 18 then and had matured enough to realize that G4 wasn't all THAT bad. I grew to really like G4, but I still firmly believe most of the toys are rather ugly and poorly designed.  ^^; I mostly like it just for the show and the lore. (Princess Luna is my most favorite tho, I absolutely love her).

I finally resumed pony collecting in 2018 once I finally realized that I make my own money now and can spend it on ponies from eBay. :lol: My G3 collection is now up to 173 with Snow 'El II being my latest "Holy Grail" dream pony.

I also love G1, but I'm not quite as familiar with it like I am with G3. I have two sweet little G1s in my collection and they're Moonstone and Sundance. My wishlist of G1s is very long, but finding them for reasonable prices has proven to be very difficult. I grew up watching a lot of MLP videos/movie clips on 2007-2009 YouTube, including the old My Little Pony Tales show. I'm pretty sure there were only 2 full episodes available on there at the time, but I absolutely loved them and would watch them over and over again.

I don't have any G2s in my collection yet, except for two little McDonalds toy versions of Ivy and Lightheart and the old G2 CD-ROM computer game installed onto my laptop (found it on oldgamesdownload.com). I personally like the way G2s look, but they're very hard to find these days. Hoping to add some to my collection soon.

As for G4s, I have small brushables of Fluttershy and Applejack (the two halves of my personality), a Hot Topic vinyl Princess Luna, a brushable light-up Rarity, the Guardians of Harmony figurine of Nightmare Moon (my most favorite G4 villain), and a Build-A-Bear Princess Luna. I'm not really looking to collect G4s, but I really do want to find more Lunas.

I'm looking forward to the new G5 movie coming out in a few weeks. I'm very curious as to where MLP will go with this new generation. I've already got the styling Izzy Moonbow and a small Sunny Starscout plushie.

Anyway, I think that's about it! I have a pony account on Instagram (@rains_pony_box) where I post pictures of my collection and share my pony art. You can also find me on DeviantArt under the name rainblueart for more pony and non-pony art.

I hope to make some new friends here on the MLP Arena as I hear it's a pretty cool place!  :happy:

Thanks for reading!  :hope:

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
Re: Hallo there!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 10:24:30 AM »
Welcome to the arena!

I think you’ll definitely fall in love with this place! You can probably find a ton of ponies you’re looking for in the For Sale - For Auction board! Happy hunting!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 03:17:30 PM »
Welcome to the Arena!  :good:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 08:19:56 AM »
Welcome to the Arena!

Glad to hear you rediscovered your love for ponies :lovey:  We have a lot of artistically inclined members so I'm sure you'll find likeminded people here. ^.^ We'd love to see some of your work in the Arts & Crafts Corral too, if you feel like sharing. Non-pony art is equally welcome!

Enjoy the boards!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 08:47:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum ^.^

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 11:29:34 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :lovey:

Hope you find some awesome new ponies to add to your collection :)

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 03:50:44 PM »
Hello, welcome! I loved the G2 PC game as a kid.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 03:49:39 PM »
Welcome to the Arena. Make yourself comfortable! ;)

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal