Creativity > Arts & Crafts Corral

Tales of Lost Art

<< < (2/3) > >>

Shystar06:
I lost a hand-drawn picture of an unnamed cat-like anime character for 15 years. Rediscovered it in a giant pile of old stuff.

Koudoawaia:
I lost one of my doodle sketchbooks back in 2003. My first ex and I went back to the steakhouse we'd been at but they couldn't find it. I also regret giving one of my Lion King sketchbooks to my second ex. I'll never get that back. I also am missing several pieces of art that I loved that were drawn for me back in 2002 because it was back when I was brand new to any sort of online art communities and it was before I was smart enough to save the art people drew me so when those artists deleted their galleries....that art went with it. I did ask one if she could send it to me but she'd deleted it from her files also.

ZeldaTheSwordsman:
Lots of old drawings of mine from when I was little have of course never survived the years. And I've lost a lot of painstaking sprite edits to computers dying on me.

But the two lost pics that stick in my mind the most would have to be the first two pictures I ever put up on the internet, on the silly little personal website I created in the late '90s:
A picture of Thomas the Tank Engine pulling a truck with Tai from Digimon in his cab, and Skarloey puffling along beside a lake with a train. I think I forgot to snag them off Geocities when salvaging the rest of the site before the shutdown, and then I lost my original downloads of the site anyway. And they weren't cached when Archive.org archived the pages.

Annie:
About 10 years ago I had a computer crash.
Much of my old digital art, works in progress, finished pieces, PSD files was lost. Also high-quality scans of traditional art I had given away...

If anyone remember old Elfwood I had a account there and since my computer broke I at least had a lot small resized art saved on their servers. Naive as I was I though elfwood would be around forever so the last remains of my old art was deleted when the site closed down all of a sudden.
It might not have been good art but it´s still fun memories and a way to see development compared to new art.
Always remember to do backup of your stuff, people.  :shocked:

RoseNoire:
Alonia.
It was a gift to a friend, but he turned out to be an absolute POS. I deeply regret offering her. She was beautiful. I have no idea what happened to her now, I cut every contact with that guy.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version