collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First look at Basic Fun Twinkle-Eyed!!!  (Read 13923 times)

Offline Rainribbon31

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
Re: First look at Basic Fun Twinkle-Eyed!!!
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2021, 06:31:54 AM »
I just posted this on another thread here but have faith - it is looking like even though Meijer stores are/will be receiving them, Farm & Fleet may not have them in store until March. Reason being that an employee that spoke with a family member said their warehouse shows zero inventory meaning they're probably on a ship somewhere. I also called a store was told basically the same thing. So if everybody runs to Meijer and buys them, you might be able to snag F&F at a later date.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2021, 10:14:47 AM »
I just posted this on another thread here but have faith - it is looking like even though Meijer stores are/will be receiving them, Farm & Fleet may not have them in store until March. Reason being that an employee that spoke with a family member said their warehouse shows zero inventory meaning they're probably on a ship somewhere. I also called a store was told basically the same thing. So if everybody runs to Meijer and buys them, you might be able to snag F&F at a later date.

The problem with that is, Farm and Fleet doesn't normally have a toy department. They have a pretty awesome 'Toyland' display section that opens up in October, and generally doesn't get any more inventory as it sells out in the weeks leading up to the holidays. Then after Christmas, the toy department goes away. My worry is, if the pony shipment arrives in March, they will just send it back if they can't put them out until October. I could be wrong, and they'll put them out on some random endcap in March, but it is not something that F&F normally carries year-round.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2021, 12:46:47 PM »

The problem with that is, Farm and Fleet doesn't normally have a toy department. They have a pretty awesome 'Toyland' display section that opens up in October, and generally doesn't get any more inventory as it sells out in the weeks leading up to the holidays. Then after Christmas, the toy department goes away. My worry is, if the pony shipment arrives in March, they will just send it back if they can't put them out until October. I could be wrong, and they'll put them out on some random endcap in March, but it is not something that F&F normally carries year-round.

I just posted basically asking the same question in the other thread. What generally happens to the remaining toys when they close up the toy area. Do they warehouse them until next year (meaning no TEs until October 2022), send them back to Basic Fun (which could make them think they aren't wanted and make them cancel future lines), or dumped into discount retailers like TJ Maxx and Marshall's (best case scenario imho)?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2021, 06:00:34 PM »

I just posted basically asking the same question in the other thread. What generally happens to the remaining toys when they close up the toy area. Do they warehouse them until next year (meaning no TEs until October 2022), send them back to Basic Fun (which could make them think they aren't wanted and make them cancel future lines), or dumped into discount retailers like TJ Maxx and Marshall's (best case scenario imho)?

Right!? All bad scenarios for us, and for the line in general. Maybe I'll ask them what happens to them next time I pop in there. It's just sad because there are people out there that want them. Take my money!!

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2021, 06:52:52 PM »
I just want to let you know they are on eBay now... Good Luck to your TE Hunting!!! I know I Need it!!! LOL

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2021, 06:54:04 PM »

Right!? All bad scenarios for us, and for the line in general. Maybe I'll ask them what happens to them next time I pop in there. It's just sad because there are people out there that want them. Take my money!!

I mean the last scenario might actually make them more accessable since some discount chains are more national than F&F. (Of course the opposite is also true. I want a certain doll but the discount chain that has them doesn't exist near me and nobody is putting them on eBay except greedy scalpers).

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2021, 07:36:13 PM »
I have several Meijer stores and a cracker barrel near me that I will be checking for this set.  If anyone is concerned about not being able to find them I am happy to get whichever ones you are after for you if I ever do find them.  Send me a pm anytime if you are interested.  Only time will tell where they show up though, I guess!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2021, 10:02:03 AM »
I found 'em at Meijer this morning! I snagged 2 full sets (one for my son and one for the collection), and left a bunch behind. My guess is these will be showing up at all Meijer stores very soon if they haven't already. If anyone doesn't have a Meijer near them and needs help getting them, I don't mind trying to help if I can. It's not really on my beaten path, but I do have 2 Meijer stores less than an hour from me. It's really that crappy people are scalping them on Ebay.

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2021, 12:46:42 PM »
I admit, a selfish part of me was hoping this wave would be pushed back until next spring when I'll be moving to a state that has a Cracker Barrel in it. But now it seems they're showing up and I'm completely out of luck  :sad: A few months back someone kindly reached out to me to check Papersource as an online option, but they don't seem to be stocking any ponies. I feel bad asking someone to try to find them for me since I want the entire set, and I dread to see what they're going for on ebay. I've been SO hyped for this set, and it's really disappointing that Target decided not to carry them.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2021, 11:16:02 AM »
I know how you feel, Inky, I don't have any of these stores near me either. It's so frustrating when some sets are Meijer exclusive! At least we have slightly better luck with these.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2021, 12:30:58 PM »
I know how you feel, Inky, I don't have any of these stores near me either. It's so frustrating when some sets are Meijer exclusive! At least we have slightly better luck with these.

It used to be easy even if they didn't exist nearby. Put a thread in wanted and someone would be willing to get them for cost + ship. Now it seems everyone has moved to Facebook and if you don't really want to use it your only alternative is scalpers on eBay.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline serena-hime

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2021, 01:22:52 PM »
I'm so absolutely desperate to get these, hopefully I'll manage to find someone to get them for me soon!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2021, 03:28:49 PM »
Don't give up if you don't have a Meijer.  I just found the Twinkle Eye ponies at Cracker Barrel. I took pics but I was in a hurry and they turned out terrible.  I saw Sky Rocket, Fizzy and one with purple hair that could have Sweet Stuff/Sweetie or Gingerbread. 

I'm in the Sothern US.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2021, 07:21:12 PM »
I am going to be on the hunt for them! :)

Offline serena-hime

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2021, 12:39:33 PM »
I managed to get a set of them with the help of someone in the forum (thanks Sunpony!! <3<3) and they are excellent, gorgeously executed. My only qualm is that Fizzy's mane is rooted on the opposite site of the original, but that might be a good thing because OG Fizzy's mane is rooted to lay on her NDS and I've noticed that most collectors tend to switch it to the front anyway lol.

Gingerbread is gorgeous, crossing my fingers and hoping she won't yellow like BF Gusty- it would be comically horrendous for GB to yellow when the original is notorious for turning brown lol.

The eyes are so sparkly!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal