Pony Talk > Off Topic

WHat's the shortest time you've ever stayed in a job?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Beth3346:
if you're seeing warning signs now run.

Spoileri stayed at a job for 2 years. looking back now the owners were pretty abusive. it was my first real web developer job and it was the only decent offer i had. i ended up staying because i really liked my colleagues but one of the owners was horrible. we had to work on projects for his side businesses. the deadlines and expectations were always unreasonable. and during one of these projects he told us that he didn't care if we required IVs to stay awake and work he wanted the project done. he also pretty much told another employee that i wasn't a "real" developer. he didn't say it to my face but he was in the doorway of the room i worked in and i was the only one in the room so he knew i could hear. i only stayed then because i was just waiting on a job referral to go through. a few months after i left the other owners found out he had embezzled millions of dollars from the company. and that doesn't include money he owed for work on his side projects. the company ended up shutting down. i'm not sure if they ever got any money back. everyone who worked there is still pretty scarred from all the drama there.

my shortest is another company where i saw warning signs quickly. it was a contract to hire position and after about 3 months they gave me a lowball full-time offer. which i turned down after they wouldn't negotiate a higher salary. the offer was much less than i was making at the job i left in order to take the contract to hire. the recruiter lied about the full-time salaries. then after about a month they ended the contract. i was hurt and angry but mostly relieved. the job wasn't at all what they told me it would be when i was hired and i was stressed all the time. i got some much needed time off and ended up finding a better position.

but my experiences at both of these companies really scarred me. if you already see warning signs and are able to leave then leave. bad situations and jobs don't usually get better. and the longer you stay the harder it can be to leave.

Taffeta:
Nine days :)

After graduating, I took a christmas job at a toy store while looking for something permanent.

It was horrible.

I couldn't navigate the store, I was stuck in the storeroom mostly, and one of my supervisors took offence at the fact I had a degree and so did whatever she could to make my life miserable, including trying to make me miss my bus.

The manager and asst manager were fine but yeah. It was not a good experience.

The next job I got was the one at my ref library. I was there 7 years, till it closed, so I never regretted leaving the toy store.

Koudoawaia:
A day and a half. That's how quick they were to decide I couldn't keep up fast enough which I still feel was unfair and they should've given me more of a chance.

Shystar06:
A single day.

I realized in time that the 'job' was a 1099, commission-only junk job and only stayed long enough to get the names of the recruiters to post on Glassdoor so I could warn others.

pinkkittywinks:
One day.

Love pkw xxx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version