collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Encanto  (Read 552 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Disney Encanto
« on: November 25, 2021, 02:31:44 PM »
Disney's Encanto opened yesterday in the USA.  Anyone seen it yet? 

First, before I talk about the film, I have to say something about the animated short playing before Encanto.  Just three days ago, I was wondering if we would ever see Disney films that look hand drawn again, or if it would be digital from now on.  Don't get me wrong, I love the computer animated films coming out of Pixar, Disney and other studios.  Technology has come so far and the animation is amazing!  But the short, I believe entitled "Far from the Tree", really took me back.  The backgrounds, the colors, it looked great.  And that may be because I love watercolours, but it really was nice.  It was just too, well, short!  LOL

Encanto was great.  I loved the story and all the extended family.  What did you guys think?

Spoiler
I wish Mirabel got a real power at the end, other than just the save the family thing.  I loved the songs, and Miranda did a great job, but I don't see myself buying the soundtrack and singing along.  The songs are very fast and a lot packed into them.  Almost like rapping.  I can't sing like that  :P
In the film, they say Grandma asked Bruno to use his power to see why Mirabel didn't get her door.  I would have written it differently.  I'd have Bruno receive the vision first, and have this be the start of Grandma's different treatment/doubt of her.  Then, when it was Mirabel's door day, Grandma's thoughts of Mirabel affect the candle and magic and that causes Mirabel's door to fade away. I just feel that would explain things better in opinion.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal