collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which of The Powerpuff Girls shows are your favorite(s)?

1998 (Original)
8 (88.9%)
2016 (Reboot)
0 (0%)
Specials (2014)
0 (0%)
Shorts (with the girls' original names)
0 (0%)
2006 (Powerpuff Girls Z)
0 (0%)
Other (Please specify)
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Favorite Powerpuff Girls Show?  (Read 872 times)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
Favorite Powerpuff Girls Show?
« on: August 09, 2021, 08:55:11 AM »
Got through watching just about everything for the first time and here's my thoughts:
The 1998 version is the best of all. Great twists, great humor, great everything really. I couldn't for the life of me predict what was going to happen based on the story titles (and that's the way it should be). The shorts are about as good as the 1998 version itself. I relate to all 3 of the girls and it seems the single full episodes are the most entertaining for me. Criss-Cross Crisis was both really weird because of where the voices were coming from but also really funny, especially when The Professor was trying to fix things. There were a few stories that weren't as good like Paste Makes Waste but that happens in just about every cartoon. The movie was fantastic and I highly recommend starting with it if you're going to get into the series as it came first in terms of story.

The reboot, while not as entertaining, it's not that far below the original for me. I just can't really see much of a reason to hate it but apparently it bombed in the ratings. It has a lot of great faces throughout and much of the villains from the original show return. I feel Buttercup saying "Don't call me princess!" is a line the original would've said too. Manboy was kinda disturbing though but at least there were also new villains. The intro and outros are pretty catchy too. Love the little animation that plays during the outro.

Powerpuff Girls Z really doesn't compare. It may be more faithful to the original show but it falls pretty flat with me. The girls end up making up excuses to leave class instead of flat out telling the teacher they have to save the world. Even when trying to save the world, they don't seem to do much other than use whatever objects they've become associated with. (Blossom with a yoyo, Bubbles with a bubble wand and Buttercup with a hammer). There's no hand-to-hand combat like the original and in 5 episodes I watched, it was only Mojo Jojo they fought. The intro implies there are others but realistically, I can't be bothered to finish the series. It's just too bland.

The 2 specials were pretty decent. The art style was certainly different and took some getting used to but apart from that, they were pretty much the same characters from the 1998 version.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Powerpuff Girls Show?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 10:16:15 AM »
Original all the way, I actually cried during one episode of the original Twisted Sister because
Spoiler
Bunny dies
then I started laughing at the narrator but had tear in my eyes
Spoiler
seeing Bunny
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 04:15:04 AM »
I'm a big fan of the original 1998 show! I tried to watch the reboot when it first came out, but was instantly turned off by the flanderization of the characters and dropped it. :huh:

Wishlist

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 12:01:19 PM »
I like the original one the best just for my own nostalgia, but power puff girls Z was pretty good. I liked it, and the opening is now permanently stuck in my head. I’m not a fan of the reboot though. It feels like a cheap imitation that tried to do the original…and missed everything that made the original good.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 08:21:02 AM »
Original all the way, I actually cried during one episode of the original Twisted Sister because
Spoiler
Bunny dies
then I started laughing at the narrator but had tear in my eyes
Spoiler
seeing Bunny

I remember crying to that, too!

Anyway, I haven't really watched anything other than the original series. The anime was a bit weird to me so I never bothered looking up how to watch it, and I've heard really bad things about the reboot. =(

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal