collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Interest Check! NY/NJ Area Pony Convention?  (Read 945 times)

Offline Amebaby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Interest Check! NY/NJ Area Pony Convention?
« on: May 22, 2023, 01:53:15 PM »
Hello Everybody!

As my title would suggest, I'm playing with the idea of a New York/New Jersey area pony convention! Naturally, this idea is as in the beginning stages as it could be, we don't have anything yet!

So, what I want to know is, who is interested in ANY aspect of this idea? From volunteering and helping, to simply attending! For such a densely populated area, it's a bit of an issue that there's no pony conventions shorter than a plane ride away, so I want to try and solve that problem myself!

Want to Help Move This Along? Here's How!

THESE ARE THINGS WE NEED RIGHT NOW!
First, we need funding, and ideas on how to GET that funding.
Second, spreading the word! We need someone who can help set up a website, social media accounts! All that fun stuff!
And of course, organizers! This is not the type of thing I've done before, so anything as simple as advice would be appreciated!

Thank you all for just checking this out! If you're local or have anything to say just tell me!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check! NY/NJ Area Pony Convention?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 01:26:42 AM »
My advise would be to organise a meet up first if you are not experienced in organizing or familiar with the ins and outs.
All you need is space, vendor tables and food/drinks :) Ofcourse you can plan more activities but this is a simple version of getting together.
You can brainstorm with the people who attend to have it extend to a larger event.

I would not underestimate organizing a convention because it requires a lot of time and commitment.

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
Re: Interest Check! NY/NJ Area Pony Convention?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 02:33:38 AM »
Yeah, as someone who collected for decades, then witnessed the Brony convention boom started out here in NYC and slide off, there’s no money in conventions. We have dear friends who went too far in and are still healing financially. I also recommend starting with meets. I’d love more local ones again, especially with more collectors!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal