collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Frustrations with NZ Post  (Read 1403 times)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Frustrations with NZ Post
« on: July 24, 2021, 02:48:28 PM »
NZ post has a system called 'You Shop'. It give me an American & UK address that I can ship items to, and they then forward to me in NZ. The entire service should take 2 weeks.

Since January though, they have increased the prices by 62%, which is also an increase on last year's increase to include 15% GST.
I purchased a poster on eBay, unframed and had it shipped this way. It was $48NZD shipping (The US sellers quoted me $12 US >_<) as it was weighed "volumetrically" not by actual weight.
The shipping is now taking 6 weeks, which they are blaming on Covid, but according to the reps I've spoken to on the phone, its not true.

They have recently gone through a 'rebranding' but that means that they no longer update any tracking on their websites.

Lastly, I shipped a box to the US last week. I input the dimensions, weight and it calculated the shipping, sent me the label to print and boom.
Off it went. 3 days after it reached the US, NZ post changed their mind and said that the shipping they had already charged me for was wrong, and instead of it being $42 it was $92!

So a heads up that NZ post is being really difficult, above and beyond Covid. Having seen a giant loss last year they are now recouping that by screwing kiwis.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Frustrations with NZ Post
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 01:20:45 PM »
NZ post has a system called 'You Shop'. It give me an American & UK address that I can ship items to, and they then forward to me in NZ. The entire service should take 2 weeks.

Since January though, they have increased the prices by 62%, which is also an increase on last year's increase to include 15% GST.
I purchased a poster on eBay, unframed and had it shipped this way. It was $48NZD shipping (The US sellers quoted me $12 US >_<) as it was weighed "volumetrically" not by actual weight.
The shipping is now taking 6 weeks, which they are blaming on Covid, but according to the reps I've spoken to on the phone, its not true.

They have recently gone through a 'rebranding' but that means that they no longer update any tracking on their websites.

Lastly, I shipped a box to the US last week. I input the dimensions, weight and it calculated the shipping, sent me the label to print and boom.
Off it went. 3 days after it reached the US, NZ post changed their mind and said that the shipping they had already charged me for was wrong, and instead of it being $42 it was $92!

So a heads up that NZ post is being really difficult, above and beyond Covid. Having seen a giant loss last year they are now recouping that by screwing kiwis.

I recently got the feeling that some businesses are trying to make up thier losses from last year hence massive price hikes. I know there are limits on some resources etc. that are affecting manufacturing but with services I can't see why... it isn't exactly profiteering but it seems really unfair. I guess the only response is to vote with your wallet and opt out if the price is unfair. We are seeing increases in the UK, not just food but other things. I also got two speeding tickets in a week recently after having had none, ever. So we have decided to opt out of a lot of stuff because personally we aren't able or willing to take the hit. Anything unecessary has been dubbed an 'avoidable' in our house until things calm down.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrations with NZ Post
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 04:28:15 PM »
I guess the only response is to vote with your wallet and opt out if the price is unfair.

Unfortunately, NZ post are the only game in town. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal