collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Questions about Paypal Cash  (Read 1491 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Questions about Paypal Cash
« on: July 28, 2021, 09:23:22 AM »
I thought when you accepted a payment in Paypal, it stayed in Paypal or you could transfer it to your bank. This still seems true, but then why do I have to set up a Paypal Cash account? I was going to go ahead and get one but the info panel about fees scared me :huh: I already have my bank linked in my Paypal account and have a credit card as backup, but it wanted me to link my bank or a card again. The whole thing was very confusing.

So in order to have money in your Paypal wallet, I guess? You need Paypal Cash. What's the difference?

I just use Paypal like a debit card and it takes it right from my bank. The payment I got was transferred to my bank, but in the future I'd like to just leave the money in Paypal. I'm going to take another look at it and see if I can figure things out, but any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

edit: Another thing I just noticed - the most recent payment was whole, no fees taken. Does that mean they sent it friends & family? (sorry, I'm new to receiving payments)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 09:27:38 AM by BlackCurtains »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Paypal Cash
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 11:27:39 AM »
I dunno. I have yet to run into this, but I thought I've received money in 2019. eh.  -- I think this FAQ covers it.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq3997

To use balance features, consumers with a personal PayPal account need to set up a balance account, which will have the same login and password as their personal PayPal account. You can get a balance account in several ways. For example, if someone sends you money and you don’t yet have a balance account, you’ll see an Accept the Money button. Once you click on it, you’ll see two options: Transfer it to your bank and Keep it in PayPal. Click Keep it in PayPal and follow the steps to get set up with PayPal Cash. This includes viewing the disclosures, user agreement and confirming your identity with us.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Questions about Paypal Cash
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 11:49:55 AM »
Oh thank you!