collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bad news for buyers in the EU buying from non EU countries  (Read 1526 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Bad news for buyers in the EU buying from non EU countries
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2021, 07:12:29 AM »
This is a real headache for both buyers and sellers -_-

I have an Etsy shop and it has made my eyes water at the extra charges my EU customers are now paying.

Many sellers based overseas (USA etc) are now refusing to ship outside of their own country. They, very understandably I might add, don't want to have to figure out the tariff codes, work out and create a safely CE form, which is now legally required if you sell or make toys and the paper work.

Please bear in mind this is not the sellers fault, the EU have forced online platforms and sellers to do these things. Even if they don't use an online platform, such as Etsy, it is still compulsory to fill in the forms, tariff code and all. Oh and of course your seller can always lie on the customs form, but that is breaking the law and Customs and Excise are a law unto themselves and your item might be well destroyed if the paper work is wrong or just sit in customs forever.

What has got me scratching my head is that the UK is supposed to have a tariff free agreement, so why do my customers still have to pay the fees? :brow: :wonder:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal