collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are ALL Hallmark 2021 Powder G1 Ornaments BROKEN?  (Read 2240 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Are ALL Hallmark 2021 Powder G1 Ornaments BROKEN?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2021, 10:43:17 AM »
When I saw in the post that she had been glued back together, I had assumed that someone else had purchased her, she was broken, and that person glued her back together before returning her, and then you bought that one. If you think she came directly from the factory like this, like, a factory employee glued her before wrapping her up to ship out rather than putting a new, unbroken one in the box, then that is a whole new level of appalling!! I'm actually pretty speechless beyond that... :blink:

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2021, 12:27:26 PM »
Is it actually broken or just poorly designed in two pieces?

I have not opened mine yet as it is at my parents house. However, that being said, if everyone is finding the exact same thing, this sounds more like it was a poor design. The ornament was more than likely designed in multiple parts that were then glued together, which creates the line/seam mark. (Especially because everyone is finding the same thing, and also because from your pictures it appears to be a molded piece).

In regards to the Hallmark website images or the ornament box, more than likely, the pictures were of a prototype and/or are probably Photoshopped. Boxes have to be printed way in advance of production, and this is true with many things where the box image may not perfectly match the actual product. If you look closely at the picture on the Hallmark website or even the box (but more obvious on the website) that Powder is shown with a sort of shiny/glistening paint where the real ones are more of a flat matte color.

If the ornament was actually broken during shipping/stocking, you would find the piece loose in the box. I have had new ornaments that were broken inside the box and the parts are just laying loose in the box.

While this is not the comment any of us want to hear, the reality is she can just be turned the other way so the seam is not showing as much.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 12:44:06 PM by toyjunky »

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2021, 01:00:28 PM »
I rang my mom and she confirmed mine is the same :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2021, 03:41:14 PM »
How sad- I was just reading on Hallmark.com that this ornament has a weird broken looking back leg- and that ALL of the ponies are like this.  I did check here to see what the issue was- and boy is it ugly.

Seems like something that could be fixed with a apoxie sculpt and a complete repaint but... what a pain.

The weird leg seems so odd.  They have all kinds of detailed tiny ornaments-  they could have come up with a better solution than this couldn't they?

AT the very least they should show what the leg looks like in the promo image.  People should see what they are getting...

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2021, 07:13:31 PM »
Yes, they are all like that.  I got mine home, saw the weird leg and then took it back the same day.  Then the employee and I quickly realized they were all like that.  Even the  display one.  I wonder if there was an issue with the mold and this is how the factory decided to “fix” it.  It is disappointing, especially since this was a pony I was particularly looking forward to.  But I am still keeping mine since I have a full set.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2021, 09:34:21 PM »
gosh :( i say everyone should take them back, there should be a product recall.
 thats really bad they let that pass QC

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2021, 02:53:07 AM »
Wow, wtf? That looks awful.

Looked up some previous MLP hallmark ornaments, and none of the ones I found had two-part molds? Also her prototype appears to be one piece: https://www.mlpmerch.com/2021/04/hallmark-2021-keepsake-ornament.html

Wishlist

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2021, 02:59:15 PM »
Completely unacceptable. I was really looking forward to getting her...

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2021, 03:32:08 PM »
That's so weird. I saw this ornament on display last weekend, and I swear I didn't notice anything off about her. I picked her up and hinted at an early Christmas present to my husband, and he even glanced at her too. Neither of us saw anything amiss.

I do admit, I'm not the most observant person at times (straight up bought a broken ornament at Disney last year and didn't even realize it until my sister pointed it out), but this seems pretty obvious.  I wish the store was nearby so I could go take a double look and confirm. But I really think I would have noticed something like that.

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2021, 09:12:58 PM »
All six at the store I went to were like this, some worse than others. I chose the two that were the least wonky, but I'm not happy with the quality on this one at all. All of the previous years' ornaments are so beautifully made. This mistake could have been remedied before going into production.

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2021, 10:49:07 AM »
This is crazy, I laid eyes on her for the first time in a hallmark this past weekend. I looked at the display model and I told my fiancé “oh her hind leg’s a little wonky, this is probably the one they chose for display because she was too wonky to sell!“ After reading this thread I think it’s the opposite, they chose her because she was the least wonky because her leg hadn’t completely cracked off yet!

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2021, 08:02:46 AM »
Does she at least look okay from the other side? If the seam isn't too noticeable from the other side then I don't care too much as far as displaying goes, but it sucks that that's what you get for the price. It's weird they can't, like, sculpt a basic pony properly. Like they've done several times before. And also hundreds of times with other intricate characters and objects. :blink: Baffling..
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2021, 04:30:01 PM »
So disappointing. I get these for my birthday in July and look forward to adding to the Christmas tree. I don't really want a junky looking ornament but I really love the ponies.

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2021, 06:42:53 PM »
Oh wow how sad! I wanted to add to my MLP ornament collection for this year and I am so sorry you experienced this. Hallmark *knows* better, I used to work for them! The QC on this has gone downhill, it seems like. Every year the quality is less...such a shame. :(  I hope you are able to get a refund!
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey: My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2021, 09:45:11 AM »
I'm so sorry this happened. These ornaments are not cheap, I considered buying her myself and don't think I will now. I'd definitely return and have others photos ready to show them everyone is getting a broken one. They really should of never sent them out this way. I'll have to see if the display ornament in my store is broken. If it is I'll take a photo of it if that helps. It's just sad to see this be let go and shipped out :(
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal