collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are ALL Hallmark 2021 Powder G1 Ornaments BROKEN?  (Read 2216 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Are ALL Hallmark 2021 Powder G1 Ornaments BROKEN?
« on: July 19, 2021, 01:57:38 AM »
Well an unpleasant discovery.
I was in a mall that had an (unusual now a days) Hallmark store. I decided to bop in because I knew that this year was to have Powder as their G1 ornament and I really wanted her, because I love that pose and that pony. The sculpt in the preview factory photos was also really nice. I then found her on the shelf and bought her right away (They had 2 left after mine) because I don't want to pay like 30 on Ebay or Amazon or whatever like the past years are going for. All told, she was about 17 dollars (15 with tax)

When I got her home and deboxed though...she was broken!
Someone snapped the back leg off and it is re-glued with really really strong glue at a garbage-looking angle. The tail also prevents where the leg would have to go to look normal, even if I could break through the glue without further damaging her. So I got mad and started to tell friends "check in the store first! I'm going to return this!" But then...........I can't find ANY ONE who has one that is NOT broken??? There's also a lot of complaining on Facebook as people find her, start to buy her and then she is broken.

Like, if it was a 5 dollar ornament, I wouldn't care so much.
I'd be disappointed, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal and I'd buy more than one and experiment on it.
But this was 17 dollars! Broken! Doesn't even look good! Big obvious crack!
Can you imagine getting her on Christmas morning or a kid getting her and she's just broken like that?

SO.
I want to complain. Hallmark shouldn't get away with knowingly selling broken trashy items for so much money. They're also all broken, so you can't just go into the franchise store and try to return or exchange because they're all like that? Has anyone here seen a photo (a customer's photo) where it isn't broken? Know anybody to prove there is one not? I can't find a person so far.

How should complaining be done?
I thought to gather photos from different people where each one is obviously someone else who has her (diff background, diff hands holding it, etc) and then make a montage-group pic or something out of it and then dump it on Hallmark's facebook? I can't twitter. People ought to be warned before they spend 17 on a broken ornament this year. What's the best way to do it?

This is what it looks like

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Are ALL Hallmark 2021 Powder G1 Ornaments BROKEN?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 05:59:42 AM »
Take her back and complain that she was broken right out of the box, and get a refund. That's unacceptable.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 06:07:56 AM »
Wow, I hope they at least let you return her. That is unacceptable.

I don't have Powder yet, but I worry about the integrity of my Firefly ornament's tail. It just sticks off of her behind rather precariously, and bends when you put the slightest pressure on it. For as much as these ornaments cost, they really need to work on their quality control.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 06:32:01 AM »
 :shocked:

Like I wouldn't be as surprised if she had an issue where she'd just break somehow in transit too easily, but the fact that she was clearly broken prior to being packed in her box, and was glued by someone before packing her, is particularly baffling. Why would they do that instead of put a new one in there???

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 06:34:38 AM »
I would be upset too.  Does the store you bought her from let you check the ornaments before you buy them to make sure they're not broken?  My store used to let me do that especially if it was an ornament that had really delicate pieces 

I heard that Hallmark delayed the release of some ornaments due to quality control issues this year.  Maybe Powder slipped through and Hallmark doesn't realize so many are broken?  I would definitely complain to  the local store and cooperate Hallmark.   I've had pretty good luck complaining on  the company's Facebook page when there is an issue that needs resolving.  I wouldn't  post other people's pictures of the broken ornament on Facebook though.  I'd also write an email to Hallmark and let them know that it's a wide spread issue and not just a few Powder ornaments that are broken.

I agree with everyone else.  Try to return her to the store and see if you can get a refund.  Be sure you tell them that it was broken when you unwrapped it.

@LadyAmalthea  I was thinking about the Firefly ornament too. The tail on mine is like that too.  I thought it was going to break when I put just a tiny bit of pressure on the tail.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 06:37:07 AM »
I would be upset too.  Does the store you bought her from let you check the ornaments before you buy them to make sure they're not broken?  My store used to let me do that especially if it was an ornament that had really delicate pieces 

I heard that Hallmark delayed the release of some ornaments due to quality control issues this year.  Maybe Powder slipped through and Hallmark doesn't realize so many are broken?  I would definitely complain to  the local store and cooperate Hallmark.   I've had pretty good luck complaining on  the company's Facebook page when there is an issue that needs resolving.  I wouldn't  post other people's pictures of the broken ornament on Facebook though.  I'd also write an email to Hallmark and let them know that it's a wide spread issue and not just a few Powder ornaments that are broken.

I would think surely they must know, right? Like considering the broken leg is already glued back in place, that would mean somebody in the factory (?) would have had to glue her leg back on. If they're pre-glued like this I'm sure Hallmark know already. Which makes this even worse.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2021, 06:47:49 AM »
Mine arrived that way and I've yet to see a photo of one that isn't broken leg. So definitely a factory issue
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2021, 07:30:32 AM »
The only other ones I've seen also have a break in that spot. That's a shame, I was really looking forward to this release.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 07:47:24 AM »
Oh noooo :( I was looking forward to this one, I can't believe all of them are broken?!? Having them all arrive broken would be one thing, but the leg being glued back on IN THE BOX... I'm speechless O_O I hope they get this sorted out ASAP and everyone affected gets refunds!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2021, 07:55:15 AM »
I remember one of the artist I following on FB showing this as well. Seems like Hallmark flopped bigtime on these.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 08:08:58 AM »
That sucks. I was planning on trying to get hold of Powder as she's a nostalgic pony for me, but if she's turning up in stores damaged...it seems like a waste of time and money :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2021, 08:39:45 AM »
Is it actually broken or just poorly designed in two pieces?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2021, 08:40:31 AM »

I would think surely they must know, right? Like considering the broken leg is already glued back in place, that would mean somebody in the factory (?) would have had to glue her leg back on. If they're pre-glued like this I'm sure Hallmark know already. Which makes this even worse.

I must not have been fully awake yet when I read the post.  So it's not just broken but someone had glued the broken part back on the ornament and shipped it out anyway?  That's unacceptable for any company especially one that is supposed to have such high quality things. 

I hope everyone that got a broken Powder gets a refund. 

I was thinking about getting her also but now I won't consider it until this issue is fixed.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2021, 09:12:36 AM »
Oh no!!! I hadn't checked on mine, it's with my mother right now as she has to pick them up (I don't have a store nearby). I've worked for Hallmark for 6 years but as a vendor and not retail so I don't know enough about how those ornaments are packaged but it breaks my heart to see this. They've gotten so cheap since it switched from molded plastic to just wrapping them in tissue.

If you can't have it replaced at this store, or even if you can and just want to escalate, here's the corporate contact page: https://corporate.hallmark.com/contact/contact-hallmark/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 09:23:48 AM by Bekuno »
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2021, 10:23:21 AM »
They were all like that at my store and I believe I read somewhere that it had something to do with the mould. I suspect the store would take them back but a replacement may not be an option when they are all like that. I wish more time was taken on the mould. Even a bit of clay/plaster/paint over where they attach the bottom leg not a part of the mould would make it appear better although it would fix the angle issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal