collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Long Term Resident of Dream Valley Entering the Arena for the first time!  (Read 808 times)

Offline ThunderBunny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
Hi there!

Long time resident of Dream Valley here introducing myself! I am hoping to learn all I can about restoring my sister's MLP collection (G1), as I inherited them when she died and I am unsure what to do about the sorry condition many of them are in. I want them to find new, loved homes, but I can't send them off looking (and smelling) the way they do now! Any ideas what I can do to rid them of an unidentifiable odor so their new homes don't reject them? Basic washes with Dawn, shampoo, and conditioner have lessened it but I can still smell them when I sniff them closely. I am isolating each pony once dried in a ziploc for now so they don't continue to share any maladies with each other.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
welcome welcome
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ScotchHop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Another day, another pony.
    • View Profile
    • @Adventures_In_ponyland
Hi and welcome!

I'm quite new as well to the arena, but I think a little further down the road with my restoration projects so happy to share any experiences (and mistakes) :-)

I've had a couple of smelly ponies, and nothing seems to do the job like a wash, and then time and fresh air. Obvs make sure they are good and dry inside and out as well. Good luck :-)
:art: @Adventures_In_ponyland on Insta
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I think that's a wonderful idea to try present them to their best before they move onto new herds.  You should be able to find out lots of tips and assistance in the Pony Corral board :)  Best of luck!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Welcome to the mlparena :green:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to the Arena!
Have fun and enjoy yourself here :)

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
Welcome to the Arena!

What helps with the pony stank (lol) is baking soda! Wash them well with Dawn dish soap, scrubbing with an old toothbrush, and comb out their manes/tails with shampoo/conditioner (I used Garnier for a while, I love the scent of that, mixed in with some Gain for good measure). Once they are fully air dried, put them in a Ziploc with baking soda--I tend to eyeball measurements, so maybe a teaspoon to a tablespoon depending on how much stank you are dealing with. Set them in the sunlight if you can, or keep them in the bags for at least a week. Take them out after that and I hope the smell is gone. I got a stanky Tex and had to do that to the poor guy, but he no longer reeks of cigarettes! :3
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey: My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline ScotchHop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Another day, another pony.
    • View Profile
    • @Adventures_In_ponyland
Welcome to the Arena!

What helps with the pony stank (lol) is baking soda! Wash them well with Dawn dish soap, scrubbing with an old toothbrush, and comb out their manes/tails with shampoo/conditioner (I used Garnier for a while, I love the scent of that, mixed in with some Gain for good measure). Once they are fully air dried, put them in a Ziploc with baking soda--I tend to eyeball measurements, so maybe a teaspoon to a tablespoon depending on how much stank you are dealing with. Set them in the sunlight if you can, or keep them in the bags for at least a week. Take them out after that and I hope the smell is gone. I got a stanky Tex and had to do that to the poor guy, but he no longer reeks of cigarettes! :3

Totally going to try this baking soda idea!
:art: @Adventures_In_ponyland on Insta
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
Welcome to the herd!

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal